Maternal & Child Community
headaches and blurry vision

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

headaches and blurry vision

i was just wondering if anyone else has experienced headaches with blurry vision. i don't usually get them and i didn't have any at all during the first trimester and now all of a sudden i do and it has lasted for 3 days now and tylenol doesn't seem to help. i also have blurry vision every once in a while usually only when my headache is really bad. i am also very nausiated and have been getting alot of nose bleeds. i was just wondering if that was normal i don't remember ever having them when i was pregnant with my son.
When you're pregnant, your body produces more blood...from what i've read...headaches, nosebleeds and blurry vision are normal and caused by the increase in blood flow.  If it gets bad, i would tlak to your dr.  I've had problems with headaches and blurry vision...no nosebleeds yet, croosing my fingers.  Good luck.
You may want to go in and have your blood pressure checked as the symptoms you are describing could be related to high blood pressure.
I agree with getting your blood pressure checked it could be signs of pre eclampsia. I have it but dont get the head aches they might be inducing me this week. Good Luck
Call your doctor so they can check your blood pressure. Nose bleeds are normal during pregnancy and the headaches and blurry vision can be but could also be signs of pre-eclampsia so definitely let your doctor know.
Yeah I would call the Dr. tomorrow. How far along are you?
thankyou very much for all your suggestions. i am sure everything will be fine my blood pressure was  135/90 when i checked it on saturday but my 3 year old was also driving me crazy it hasn't been high since then alhtough i still have the headaches and blurry visions and nose bleeds. maybe it's just stress i have been under a lot lately. i have an appt next monday i will tell the dr about it then in the mean time i will continue checking my bloodpressure
Not to scare you but I wouldn't delay it until next Monday. It could very well be pre-eclampsia and that can rapidly change into eclampsia and then you're at risk for all sorts of things. It's better to be on the safe side, and if it's not maybe there's something they can give you to stop this from happening. They will just want to test your urine and then blood pressure. But blurry vision and headaches is what they look for. Do you have any swelling, that's another symptom. Keep us updated and good luck.
my ankles are really swollen and i think so are my hands but not much i can only tell b/c my ring which use to be really loose is now a little tight.
What you're describing really sounds like high blood pressure, which would cause the headaches, blurry vision but the most bloody nose. But could alo be signs of pre-eclampsia. I would certainly call and make an Appointment. It could be normal and everything ok, but you don't want to let it slip by, especially high blood pressure in pregnancy. Good luck, keep us updated!!
i/m almost 15 wks