Maternal & Child Community
heart racing? Does anyone get this?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

heart racing? Does anyone get this?

Hey all, it's me again.

Has anyone experienced a skipping in your heart rhythm time to time?  Sometimes like a palpitation?

I get this somedays frequently and some days I'm fine....but sometimes it makes me kind of nervous.

JT (18wks)
Yup-I get it, too. I have pretty much throughout the pregnancy. I have been told it's sometimes caused by dehydration and other times just because the heart is having to work harder to pump more blood but that it's nothing to worry about. It kind of makes me panic when it happens, though! It's scary.
I get heart racing and palpitations (like skipping a beat or feels like it's coming out of my chest). Although I thought it was due to increasing my thyroid meds several times during pregnancy, my OB says pregnancy itself can cause heart palpitations, so for me maybe both pregnancy and hypothyroid meds are contributing to this. Only a few years ago, a slight heat mumur was detected but no symptoms until now. Once I started magnesium vitamins about 6 weeks ago, it seemed to help, though my thyroid med was just increased again this week and back to having daily heart palpitations. Anyway, you might want to ask your doctor about trying magnesium supplements.
I get them too... and I can hear my heartbeat loud in my ears sometimes which drives me nuts!
Hey thanks all.

I am happy to hear, it's not just me...not that I'm happy to hear of it for anyone, but you know what I mean!

JT
yup, try not to worry, I think it is pretty common.
I have been noticing this a lot lately too. I feel like  my heart skips a beat and I get out of breath. I figured it had something to do w/ pregnancy. I had it w/ my DD, but not until much later in the pregnancy..I was going to ask my doc about it on my next appt.
I had an abnormal hb at 9 weeks that started after a bout of morning sickness.  My heart never stopped racing and they admitted me to the hospital.  I was in there for 9 days with artrial fibulation (spell).  My heart was healthy - it was the overflow of blood/hormones that would not get it to settle.

They say an irregular skip is normal here and there but when it does not stop and starts speeding then you should worry..  I am medicated now and they say after pregnancy I will be my normal self.  Crazy huh?