heartbeat at 6 weeks, no heartbeat at 7 weeks --- Please help
I went for scan at 6 weeks and was very relived to have found heartbeat measuring 122.   I went for another scan at 7 weeks and the doctor couldnot find an heartbeat. Both times it was vaginal u/s. There was no reassurance and the doctor is inclined for the worst.   What should I do.
i'm very sorry to hear you're going through this. as to what you should do, you should insist on going back and have them look again. also, have they been monitoring your hcg levels? were you able to clearly see the fetus in the u/s? had the baby grown between weeks 6 and 7? what was it measuring? these are all questions you can ask that can give insight into what's going on.
I'm so, so sorry.  I just went through the same thing last week, although we saw the heart beat at 6 weeks and then no heart beat at 9 and 1/2 weeks.  I think you (like I) have had a "missed miscarriage," which means the fetus has died but you've had no signs of a miscarriage.  (I'd had no bleeding or cramping, and still had all of my pregnancy signs.)  I got the bad news last Monday, began bleeding/cramping heavily on Tuesday, and saw an OB-GYN surgeon on Wednesday.  He wondered if I'd already passed everything, so he did his own ultrasound (3-D, in color), and everything was still in there, but no heart beat.  I was told to have a surgical D&C procedure Thursday to clear out the pregnancy so that I could try again asap.  (Waiting to miscarry can take up to two months, and you may still need a D&C to finish it off.)  For me, although a D&C was not easy, it was a relief not to be waiting to miscarry.  I can understand if you are in total shock and want another ultrasound to be sure; I knew the second ultrasound wouldn't show anything, but at least I was extra positve the baby was gone.  Again, my condolences....
oh my god! it is the worst word a pregnant women can ever heard (no heart beat), i hate this word, it is really unfair. i am so sorry, so soory. please try to calm down and have another one two thre u/s. it is verry hard, i know, i just went thru this and still can not believe what happened, i had a heart beat om the 34th week and the heart beat was great, then on the 36 there wasn't. oh my god, you remembered me again. i am sooooooooooooo sorrrrrry.
Week 6 baby measured 45mm and week 7 baby was at 51mm.  Is fetal growth with no recorded heartbeat any positive?