help!!! ?? about mucous in 1st trimester
I may be overreacting, but I am very concerned.  I have had 2m/c the past yr and now am 10wks pregnant.  Have seen heartbeat on US and good HCG levels in the beginning.   Last night, I passed a thick piece of mucous....whitish/yellow and have had very thin secretions since intermittently since then.  I am scared that was my mucous plug and that I will m/c in a few days.  The same sort of thing happened 4 days prior to my last m/c....but I am not sure if that is just coincidence or really my plug? Can you have a lot of mucous your 1st trimester?  i am also on Progesterone suppositories and am wondering if tht is playing a role in things.  I have an appt tuesday but will b eon pins and needles until then.  Any help is appreciated!!!!  Thank you.
I had ALOT of mucous with my daughter.  Especially if you are hot or stressed.  I seemed to have more then.  Increased mucous is nature's way of keeping your vaginal tract clean.  One other thing is that it could just be an infection.  If you are doing suppositories, it is possible that that could increase your chance for them.  One last thing, it is very common for pregnant women to have groupB strep.  Nothing to worry over if the doc treats it.  Usually you have to wait till later in pregnancy to treat it.
Hi Kimmy...

This is my first pregnancy, but I have similar mucous on and off... about once / twice a week (I'm at 8 weeks tomorrow)... I've read that it's pretty normal.

Talk w/ your doc if you're concerned, though... considering your past m/c's... But don't stress about it. We all know that stress is not a good thing - for you or the baby.

Take care,
-Heather