Maternal & Child Community
help me understand
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

help me understand

Okay guys there are alot of abreviations being used and I don't know what they mean.  Please help me so I can keep up.  What is bd? and other terms like that.  Oh yeah did anyone else go to ask.com and check out the chinese chart.  Its weird but it was very accurate for me.
Related Discussions
15 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Here are a few I know:

bd = baby dance (sex)
dh = dear husband
dd = dear daughter
ds = dear son
cm = cervical mucous
af = Aunt Flo (period)
DPO = days past ovulation
O = ovulation
ttc = trying to conceive
bbt = basal body temperature

Thant is all I can think of off the top of my head
Blank
BFP = big fat positive
BFN = big fat negative
Blank
I also went on the chart, it said I was having a girl, which I would be very happy to have.  (A boy would also be great).
We will see if it works.
Blank
Just make sure you are using your lunar age and the lunar month when using the chinese birth chart.  There is some website (baby-hopes?) that will calculate it for you.

Here are some more:

HPT: Home pregnancy test
CD: Cycle Day
CP: Cervical Position
BCP: Birth Control Pill
POAS: Pee on a stick
OPK: Ovulation predictor kit
Blank
the chinese chart was off for me.  told me my twin daughters were a son!  LOL, one chart said this pg was a girl, another said it was a boy.  guess they are 50/50! HAHA.  its fun though
Blank
i used the one where you give the mothers age and month of conception.  I did it with my son and the baby Im carrying now it was right.  I did it on all my friends and it was right.  FYI my plan worked and that good for the results.  I planned to get preg when I did and keep my fingers crossed and prayed.
Blank
Here is a link to all of the TTC abbreviations, though most of them have already been covered already in the previous posts.  

http://www.tryingtoconceive.com/abbrevs.htm

Blank
oh yeah thanks to everyone for the abbreviations now I can keep up without wondering with the heck you guys are talking about.  LOL  It also feels good to have friends I can talk to and share experiences with.  Baby dust to everyone:-)
Blank
I could not start a new forum, but what do you guys think of the name Trenatee ( Trinity)
Blank
where do you go to do the chinese chart?
Blank
ask.com
Blank
does it do the lunar thing.  im not sure what that means.
thanx...anything to take our minds of pg worries right!??
Blank
yeah it does.  I actually go to the site and just tyoe in a question and then a list of other sites pop up and I just chose from them.  It is a good site.
Blank
Or if you have google you can just tyoe in "gender predictor"!!
Blank
Trinity is a really pretty name.  I had a friend a few years back name her daughter that but spelled Trinity.  Your spelling is really cute too.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...