Maternal & Child Community
help ttc and got mono!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

help ttc and got mono!

this sucks i got mono plus, the worst part i couldn't even ask my doc anything u see i dont have insurance so i used my sisters and shes  only 17 so i didnt think i should ask if its okay to concieve (conceive) lol so im gonna try to get a doctor on the phone tommorrow from my other hospital, this sucks! i have to these tsteriod pills for 5 days only, i hope i get better such crazy things been happeing to me, i think i got mono from the dentist seriously.

baby dust to all
I know you can have it in your system your whole life and it will come out at a time of stress or low immunity. I have never had it myself but tested positive when I gave it to my 3month old trough my breast milk. I never even knew this was possible until after it happened. Good luck and take it easy while you recover. I don't think it will affect you ttc
I got mono over 10 years ago. I never knew how I got it, as I don't share anything with anyone, and I was in a steady relationship at the time. You can get it from drinking from water fountains, if someone previously put their mouth on the spicket, walking into someone's sneeze, etc.

It's a virus that stays in your system. Everytime I got tested, I always tested a low positive. I did get it a total of 3 times I think. It'll pop up at a time of stress, or from another illness that weakens your immune system.

My hubby or kids never got it, so I feel I'm ok. I'm also pg with my 3rd, so try not to fret so much about it. It's more common than people realize
thanks its so weird this virus i have to take predsconie some kind of steriod for 5 days to make the swelling go down! i feel better already
i am so sorry that you have mono ( bad joke: i heard getting mono is the fastest way to lose weight)i know that many women get pregnant while sick so i think that you would be ok is you did although i dont know if it will be much fun BDing if you feel terrible. Good luck anyways
did you say you used your sister's insurance? you know that's so illegal, right? why if you're ttc, don't you try and get insurance? you can't exactly use her insurance when you're seeing the OB doc.