help with my four year old son re: fever for over six days
I have a four year old son that has had a fever rangning from 101.5 - 103 for just over six days now. He never has a fever in the morning and will usually have one starting around 2 -3 p.m., but not always. He has also had a congested cough (I'm not sure if that is related), he is grumpy and is not hungry (unless he doesn't have a fever due to tylenol/motrin). He also just right before this fever started had pink eye.

I just didn't know if anyone would have any suggestions of what he might have or of any tests or questions I should ask his docotr.

Thank you so much for your help.
My 5 year old had that and turned out that his cold turned into a sinus infection. within a day of taking antibiotics it was gone.
qw
Could be bronchitis or even pneumonia. I suggest you take him to the Dr. so the Dr. could listen to his lungs or maybe do a chest x ray if his lungs aren't clear.
sm8

You should ask for a CBC w/cultures.  There is a rare disorder called lukopenia that can sonetimes occur after an infection.  With this disorder the childs white blood count gets knocked soo low the body can't recover without help.  The treatment is very simple Roceftin shots for 3-4 days to give the immune system a boost.
Thank you for all of your help and comments. I am going to take him into the doctor today, I'll let you know how that goes.

Hello everyone! Well qc, you were right he did have pnemonia. I feel very relieved to have a diagnosis. I had taken him last Wednesday and they told me it was just a cold.

Thank you again everyone for your help.
qw
Glad to be of help. Hope your little one feels better soon.