Maternal & Child Community
hernia in the newborn and another question advice would be great

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

hi again ladies as some of you may no i have a 6 week old dd and she has developed an umbilicus hernia at my last visit to the docotors which was when she was 3 weeks old the hernia was just forming doc said it looked ok for now however in the last few weeks it has tripled in size and has a blue apperence to it.
I researched a bit online and it said some symptoms of it being bad were as follows rapid growth change in color or apperance sudden infant throwing up tighter abdomen well my baby is definatly displaying all of these symptoms however i can not get into my docotor untill friday will it be ok untill then or am i being parinoid some people with experience with it please let me no also she seems to be more unsettled as well as lethargic its hard to explain all the time.
what do they do to get rid of it when do they get rid of it and how dangerouse is it.
also another silly question i am 6 half weeks post partum and for the last few days or so i have been getting a little cramping in my overies or something well in that general area anyway also i have had a crampy lower back do these sound like pregnancy symptoms i had the exact thing befor i found out i was pregnant with dd i am so parinoid as i fell pregnant with her when my first was only 6 weeks old and i was breastfeeding and on the mini pill whats the odds you all rekon i havent really had unprotected sex my partner did for a minute or so then used a condom last week some time i am breast feeding but not on the mini pill as of yet please some advice would be great i dont need another baby just yet am i parinoid
I can't answer any questions about post pardom symptoms, i have never given birth.  I trying that this time around.  But i can tell you that my nephew had a herneated belly button when he was a newborn.  The Dr. let it go...said it was fine.  It got very big and blue and purple.  The Dr. still said it would probably fix itself.  Over time, it did get a little better.  The Dr. eventually put him on a medication containing a steroid.  And it repaired itself.  No surgery required.  I'v also heard of other babies having it for the first year or so of life and it repairing itself.  I would see the Dr. on Friday jsut to insure that nothing it severely wrong.  Good Luck!
I would think if it's getting larger and turning color that the Dr would want to see her sooner than the end of the week.  Did you list the symptoms she has and actually talk to the Dr or nurse or was it just the receptionist?
My son had a testicle that didn't drop on it's own and the Dr. said that usually with that problem a hernia is always present. What was odd was that the Dr., along with me and My husband, didn't see any sign of it before his surgery. When he came out of surgery we found out it was actually quite large. They did the surgery when he was about a year old and there was nothing to it.  He was actually up running around that very same afternoon.