Maternal & Child Community
high cervix? how do i tell?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

high cervix? how do i tell?

i know this sounds dumb but i see everyone talkin about having a high cervix what is that and how do i tell??? is this a main indication of being pg?
I don't know the answer to your question. But be careful on the posts.. You've aleady exceeded your "2 new posts per 6 months allowed" for each member, by a couple posts. Don't want anybody getting angry. LOL Why not do an internet search at websites like pregnancy.org or babycenter.com or others?
Pink i am very sorry you have come to this site for help and given such a rude post.

Alseedus who made you crowd control for how many threads a person has posted in 6months. I hope it was done in a good gesture but i sure didnt read it as such.

I am sure if a person righting a thread has a problem we arent going to get all technical on them for having more than 2threads...come on!  I agree that it should not be abused eg. threads by same ppl everyday but i am not one for shutting someone out if they have a problem.

Terms and conditions are a guide and this situation i am sure is not a must for black and white.

I just hope you never have any questions in your life that results in needing more than 2 threads in 6months......when posting comments remember ppl sign on here knowing there are terms and conditions and dont need you to police/mother them, let the site co ordinators do that!

Dont mean to be rude back but this is the first time i have ever seen such horrible actions from another person on here and you didnt even have anything to help her with!
It didn't appear as though you offered much help either, so you are even.

Anyway, cervical position is not always a good indicator of pregnancy, especially if you have never tried feeling your cervix. I have to admit, I never have and would not be able to tell you at this point if mine felt different now that I am pg.

If you search the archives here, you should be able to find a ton of information on cervical position along with what each position can indicate. Also, despite being called rude, I believe the first response was helpful, try googling "cervical position and pregnancy" and see what you find.

I am a big advocate of NOT relying on things like cervical position or symptoms as an indicator of pregnancy. Sometimes out anatomy can trick us or our mind can make pregnancy symptoms appear.

I hope you can find an answer to your question, try researching a little on your own just in case no one responds here.

Andi
Hi, I don't think alseedus was being rude.  Those are the guidelines, and pinkgato has posted several times this week and has gotten a lot of responses, so this isn't like the first thing anyone has said to her.  The guidelines have to do with making room on the limited number of new threads available every day so the largest number of people with questions can have a chance, which doesn't seem like a bad goal. Maybe MedHelp will clarify exactly the rules, since we have been tripping on this one several times lately with people who post three or four questions a week.
Andi, I didnt direct to pink that i did have any solution but the comment was TO alseedu.

Annie, I am sure we are all aware of the t&c, alls i was refering to was it seemed very blunt!

I am sure Pink is not the first person to exceed therefore Medhelp may just need to step in and make the threads more consistant with there T&C's.

I relly on the this site alot for support and understanding as I am sure others do too. I am just hoping Pink and other readers that maybe going through the TTC blues dont read this &  feel shutout from help....My suggestion would of been more tactful to her and suggested to use an open forum for future questions.....Tact seems to be the fault here, not rudeness, I appologise for misused wording :)
cervical position will vary throughout your cycle.  FOR EXAMPLE.  

Because i had been observing my cervical position for a few months, i knew what each change meant. I have ovary twinges when i ovulate and ever since my m/c back in january i get lots of ovary twinges which didnt indicate ovulation for me anymore.. SOO i used cervical position.  One day when i was getting cramps in my ovaries, i checked my CP and it was HIGH (about 4-5 inches inside vagina) and that indicated to me that it was time to BD!! so we did.. and here i am 9 weeks pg.  once i knew i was pg i check my cp and it varies.  SOmetimes it is high, sometimes low, etc.  

you can google (how to check cervical position) and you will get the info you need there.  

It helped me get pregnant!
GOOD LUCK
I forgot to say hello! I am a neonatal nurse practioner who is trying to get pregnant with my second child.  Forgive me if I don't know how this works.  I've been on Ivillage but this seems to be a better type of system, it just looks clearer.  Also I've been on justmommies.
If anyone has a question for me I'd be happy to chime in with an answer about infants, infant care, or sick infant care.  I've been trying to conceive for about 6 months without luck. Sorry if I stepped on any toes taking an answer to someone elses question.  As for the original question, your cervix position can change in early pregnancy but it wouldn't necessarily tell you anything.
Cervical position is definately not a good indicator. It can be very confusing also. Normal cp is low after a period, high during ovulation and low again right before your next period. My cp is mostly high all the time high during af, high during ovulation and midway after af. Really weird isn't it. I used to try this method to detect ovulation and pregnancy but lately it has been very confusing.
Tlword:
Hey, good research on the 2 question limit debate!  I'm glad that we have an answer to this subject, and maybe now it can be put to rest.  Thank you!!!

Pinkgato:
Some women check their cervical position throughout their cycle to check for changes.  It does make you feel like you have more control over the situation, but it's not a reliable way to detect pg.  It's unlikely that you'll be able to feel the subtle changes in your cervix before it's time to start taking hpt's at the end of your cycle.  You'll always need to rely on hpt's to determine if you're pg or not.  Good luck!
I'm new to this, so I asked the forum administrater about that rule.  She said that there are a couple of doctor forums where that rule applies but not to the patient/patient forums.  B/c there are more #s of questions allowed here every day.  On the doctor forums they are only allowed like 2 or 3 questions a day so that rule keeps all the questions from getting hogged.

Here, it shouldn't matter unless you see someone who is taking all the questions day after day.  She said it's more informal on the patient forums but to tell her if someone is taking up a LOT of questions.

Hope that helps get it cleared up.  I have been reading for a little while and I saw some people get stung for asking 2 many questions that's why I asked the site operator.
Hi i am new also...i just have one question...I am 38 weeks pregnant exactly yesterday and i went to the doctor yesterday and i told them i had been cramping alot and things feel weird there like im getting prepared to give birth. my STUPID midwife put her fingers in to check and see if i was dilated and she hurt me so bad i was CRYING. she wasn't gentle or ANYTHING anyyywayy....she said she couldn't reach my cervix so she wouldn't wory about anything well....im STILL cramping bad and i dunno what she said means can someone PLEASE help me?
Wow, so much for helping the girl. You guys turned this into a personal war.