Maternal & Child Community
high resolution u/s

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

high resolution u/s

Has anybody had high resolution ultrasound?  I had a normal one last Thursday,(both internal and external) that gave a very poor view of a small yolk sac, so I am scheduled for this hi res. u/s tomorrow.  Do you think its worth going again after a week? My lmp was May 4,my cycles are regular (29 days), last time they did not bother to tell me my gest. age, but I assume I am 7 and a half. Is it possible that they won't see anything?  The natural abortion that had been predicted by the dr has not happened yet, however, this morning I am having cramps and that damn brown discharge again.  I feel sooooo pregnant though (sickness, breasts...) Do you think tomorrow they should get a lot better view? Any input would help...Thank you
I don't mean to pry, but why are you getting a U/S so early in pregnancy?  For Gestational Dating?  Why are they doing a 3d right after the regular?  Could they not see very well either?  Usually that early they can't see much so I am not sure how much better  of a pic. you will get with the 3d.  I have not personally had a 3d u/s, I have only had the regular old u/s, but my girlfriend had one and she loved it. She said it was great.  It was like looking at a photo that was very clear.  Although she was in her 5th month so that may be why she like it so much.
Oooooo, so high res. is 3dimension?  I thought that was only a plain u/s with better quality.  They must be crazy to order a 3dim. so early.  I guess I will see tomorrow. I think the reason they want to do it is because they want to make sure that the sac is there or even the heartbeat.
I am pretty sure.  I hope everything is okay with you and the baby.  Good luck tomorrw.  Keep us posted.
Did you go for your u/s today?  Hope all was well.  Is a high definition u/s that same as 3D?  Hope to hear from you soon.  Keep us posted. :)
Hi!!!!! Thanks for your replies!  I just posted an update on my appointment today.  Please read it!!  Thank you and take care!