hot tubs while pregnant
good morning. i know that i've heard time and time again that hot tubs while you're pregnant are a definate no-no. over the weekend, my fiance and i were at a friends house and everyone was in the hot tub. it wasn't that hot. only like 96 degrees or something, but just to be safe, i just sat on the edge and put my feet in. there is nothing wrong with that right? and just out of curiosity, why is it that they say no hot tubs? does anyone know? thanx and have a good day!
you dont want to raise your internal temp.  i dont see why just sticking your feet in would be a prob.
I would say that putting just your feet in would be ok. The reason they don't want you to have hot baths, go in hot tubs or saunas is because it can raise your body temperature. If your body temperature is raised it can cause problems with your baby.

google hot tubs during pregnancy and you should get alot of websites with information on it.

Take Care
Thats one of the things I miss most when I am prego! Nice hot baths or a good soak in a hot tub! Guess we will just have to suffer with luck warm soaks for a while..lol :)
As long as the hot tub was set at 96 degrees you should be okay--but when I was pg-my doctor told me not to even stick my feet in it.  Going thru your feet will also raise your body temp.  But as long as the temp was set that low-it should be okay..I would just monitor how the baby is moving.
The rule of thumb I was told was not to let your body temp raise to 102 degrees or greater for more than 20 minutes, especially in the first trimester.  (Hot tubs can often be set as high as 104.)  At 96 degrees, you were fine.