how do you calculate a due date after a miscarriage?
I had a miscarriage on 6-29-2009, and bled for about 5 days. I was only about 5.5 weeks at the time. Since then, I have not had my period, have had menstrual like cramps for 3 weeks, haven't felt myself, haven't gotten a period, and tested positive on two pregnancy tests. I can't get in to my doctor until this monday, and I am DYING to know if something is wrong down there or if I am really pregnant. But if I am pregnant, how do you calculate a due date when the last time I bled was due to a miscarriage?
The same happened to me, and we used the first day of bleeding as the first day of my menstrual period. So, if you count back to that day, you would be that many weeks pregnant. It was quite accurate in my case. I ovulated only 12 days after my miscarriage! I too, was only about 5 1/2 weeks. Sounds like congrats are in order!
I had the same situation, pregnant after m/c, and my midwife ordered an early sono to date the pregnancy.  It turned out to be very accurate, and my son was born 3 weeks ago, just three days early.
After a m/c it's impossible to use that date as 'day 1' of your LMP for counting purposes...  You'd have to have a u/s to date that way.  Best of luck!
The day of my miscarriage was accurate with dating my pregnancy via ultrasound because it was so early-just as early as yours was. So, the day of your miscarriage very well could be used as the first day of your last menstrual period. You will have to ask your doctor and have an ultrasound though, do get an accurate measurement.