how often peoples water break?
Good Morning,
I am 39 weeks pregnant and I want to know how many of you experienced your water breaking? My husband is out of town but will be on the next flight when labor starts. However, will I really know if my water doesn't break? My mom had 5 kids and her water broke with only one...Thanks!
I don't know the stats but I have had 2 preg. and my water has never broke.
my water broke with my last one and you know its your water unless the babys head is really low and its a slow leak but it will still keep coming.  As far as labor goes if its your first you can have false labor which believe me feels like the real thing.  best of luck on your delivery..
My water broke with my DD at 39 weeks and 2 days. I had no idea because it was more like leaking the whole day and by 2am the next day I went in because I started getting suspecious about it and it certainly did not smell like pee. I had her about 19 hours later! But other then that it is very different with each one of us. It may happen and it may not. Good luck!
mine never broke on its own with two births. Good question, I'm curious to see the results.

Good Luck to you !
My water broke with my DS @ 38 weeks.  yes you will know if you are in labor or not even if your water doesnt break.  Let me just tell you, mine broke at 4:50AM and I didnt have DS until 10:32PM via C-section.  So it could def. take a long time.  Good luck to you!!!
I think statistically it only breaks naturally for about 15% of pg women.  Mine did break at home, but with all of my cousins and friends that have had babies in the last few years, it's only been me and my SIL who's water has broken.

When labor starts, you'll know.  The Braxton Hicks contractions you've been feeling will become very regular and painful.  You'll know - you'll definitely know.
my water broke with both pregnancies.
My water broke with my DS.  I sneezed, there was a pop, and it hit the floor.  Luckily I was in the bathroom.  You'll know if you're in labor, even if your water doesn't break.  Some women have their water break and don't start labor for a while.
my water did break while trying to use the bathroom ONE MORE TIME before heading to work. (LOL) Upon calling my husband, he paniced a little and told me that he would "meet me at the hospital." Of course he realized the error in that plan with a little help from me and off we went. It pretty much stopped enough so I could make it from the car to the hospital without leaving a trail, which surprises me a little since my son was a footling breach baby with his foot in my birth canal. I guess he plugged the hole with that instead of his head. Maybe I should have taken his entrance as a warning....
Mine broke with both my kids.
both pregnancies they had to break my water in the hospital. I can only think of one friend who actually had her water break outside of the hospital...and boy did she wish she had put that water-proof mattress cover on the bed!
my water broke about 30 minutes before my son was born around noon,  and I had been in labor since the day before, no surprise there!
My water broke with my first(and only child). That night I just couldn't sleep (I was passed my due date by 3 days) I got up to go the bathroom at 2:30 am and all of a sudden I felt a gush of water come out of me. I said "Oh my Goodness" and my DH stood up and was ready in 2 seconds. He couldn't sleep that night either. It was a gross feeling but at the same time it felt so good. That day we had her.
I was 39w5d when I had Marcus. My water didn't break, I was fully dialated and the doctor said to push, after the first push the nurse said the baby had dark hair and I said how do you know (kind of a silly question after I thought about it), but she said she could see it floating in the water, I then touched down and it was like a balloon coming out of me.  The doctor then said on the next contraction, push and I will break your water. I pushed and Marcus' head and shoulders came out. On the third push he was out. I was lucky to have such a quick and easy, natural first delivery.
2 kids, mine never broke. I was at almost 8 cm with second. They broke it both times with this hook thing, supposedly helps labor but then it gets much harder the contractions.
I have 4 children and my water broke only once.  Had to be induced on all though even with the one where my water broke because labor stopped.