Maternal & Child Community
how to stop gagging feeling
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

how to stop gagging feeling

Any advice on how to stop a gagging feeling?  I am 6 1/2 weeks pregnant and haven't felt good for about a week.  I am not nauseated all that often, food doesn't really sound good, but mainly I always feel like I am going to gag.

I have tried ginger, but was wondering if anybody had any other ideas that good help.
Related Discussions
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I have heard gingerale, but you said you tried ginger, mine went away at 13 weeks, not much help sorry, have a blessed day
Blank
LOL.  I have been gagging too. My dh laughs so hard at me.  Sometimes the gagging is worse than others and I actually attempt a run to the bathroom just in case.  I don't know what to tell you.  Forcing myself to eat has helped me.  If my stomach is full I don't tend to feel as sick.  Good luck.
Blank
Try maybe a sour candy?  Sometimes it works for me. And I had to really concentrate on not gagging or else I would lose my cookies.
Blank
Thanks for your suggestions.  I guess I am lucky that I really haven't felt like throwing up in a couple of days....Just like severely gagging!  I am sending my DH to store after work for hard candy, breath mints and sunkist pop.  Hopefully it will help!
Blank
162331_tn?1390022267
Try those little boxed hard tack candies called lemonheads.
Blank
i used to use mint gum. any kind of mint helped me. but then i started to heartburn real bad, and the dr said that mint does give some people heartburn. so i went to with the heartburn. but i havent had morningsickness or anything that goes with it, in about 2 months almost. Mine was triggered by my cinnimon toothpaste.
Blank
I found breath freshner mints helped to stop me vomiting. I kept them in my car and a few times when I thought I had to pull over to vomit, I shoved two or three in my mouth and the overwhelming mint sensation brought me back on track. I also noticed that the more you think about it, the worse it gets. Try to concentrate on something else - VERY hard I know. I'm sure you'll feel a lot better soon. God Bless.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank