Maternal & Child Community
hpv and misscarriage

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

hpv and misscarriage

I was diagnosed w/hpv 20years ago can this still affect pregnancy.I have had three ivf pregnacies and all three resulted in misscarriage.a strong heartbeat at 7weeks but at 9weeks no heartbeat.Need to know if i am just bouncing my head against a wall by attempting andy more pregnacies is there any treatment if i am a carrier of hpv.thanks in advance for info.
I think you should be okay.  as long as there are not active warts right now, you can't pass anything to the baby. and I think that if you have a c-section,then nothing can pass vaginally.
I had hpv 8 years ago, and it never came back. my pap smears have always been normal, I do not believe I am still a carrier of hpv. so even if I were pregnant, I wouldnt worry about passing this to baby.
Hi there! I'm sorry to hear about your losses. I do not think HPV has a role in the miscarriages. They even say it's fine to have a vaginal delivery with HPV. There's a small percent it "could" pass to the baby, and then it affects like the vocal cords and if warts grow there it could be very very dangerous but studies have showed thats very low. So I wouldn't think HPV has anything to do with the miscarriages, being women carry like they normally do not having HPV. I really hope the Doctors can figure out why you've had so many miscarriages. I wish you the best of luck and much baby dust to you******
I don't think it has any impact on pregnancy.  Over 75% of women have or have had HPV, so that would mean a lot of women that would have fertility problems.  Your body does take care of it as well, so I bet if you had a pap it would come back clear. I wouldn't worry that this impacts your pregnancies.  Good luck in your search for answers!
I had HPV with my 1st daughter and she was a c-section baby. During my second pregnancy, I had no problems at all and she was a full term baby! It's something to keep an eye on but not something to stress over!