Maternal & Child Community
i want to have another baby but my tubes r tied now?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

i have 2 kids now age 11yrs and 6yrs old now. my husband wants another baby. but my tubes were tied back in 2002.or 2003. .but anyway i also had to badd pregancies,my water broke earlier with both of my kids. but i didnt go into labor .i was put on bed rest with the both of them. and about a mth or 2 later i delievered. but i also had 2 c-sections with both.and im also overweight. so is there a good chance of getting pregant now. after all theses yrs,with me having to c-sections and b beinging over weight.y. but its been 6yrs+ plus now. should i just call it a wrap.and give up on it. or is there some type of home remedies i could try to get pregant lol lol!!! .also if i luck up and the lord shines down on me with this miracle.will my child have problems,such as brain problems, body problems. will it b deformed!!! i know this is alot to take in,but it was alot on my mind........................thank you!!!
no home remedy is going to untie your tubes.

you could potentially do invitro fertilization if you had the means to do so or talk to your doctor about having another operation to get your tubes re-connected (which from what I know there is minimal success and not covered by most insurances).

Or you could adopt.

Or you could just give your kids lots of lovin and look forward to having all that extra money to spend on them!
your kids are all grown up why u want another.
my tube are tied wel were clapped and i was told they could grow back within 5 years its been four and a half and i only have one child and shes 5 and i'm only 26 and i changed my mind and want another one. i'm on a waiting list to get them reversed but its a 2 year wait and 3000 i dont want to wait that long and i dont have that kind of money, is there anything i can do, or do i just pray... i heard of a chinese massage that helps unblock the tubes but does that work on tied tubes. please some give me advice.

christine.
I've never heard of anything you can do yourself. That's why you need to be sure you're not going to change your mind when you do a permanent form of birth control. If you try to conceive yourself, you put yourself at a higher risk of Ectopic pregnancy which could lead to you losing your tubes if it's not caught in time. I believe the chances of pregnancy after tubal ligations are 1.43% or 143 in 10,000 women and almost all of these turn into Ectopic because of damage to the tubes. After 10 years the chance of pregnancy goes up to 1.85%

You also have to bear in mind that a reversal may not work. Your chances of pregnancy DO increase, but this is also if they can even do a reversal. I believe with clamps it's the easiest to reverse versus tubes that are cut and burned. Your doctor would be able to talk to you about all of this if they haven't already.
I have two grown children..and I got my tubes (cut burned and tied) back in 1994..I. was wanted to. Know if there's any chances of getting pregant now..I would like to have another or two more? I would like to how I can go about to get pregant?