Maternal & Child Community
implantation bleeding?????

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

implantation bleeding?????

How soon does implantation bleeding start? My husband and I have been ttc since February and I'm not suppose to get my period until the 20th this month. This morning I woke up and the first time I went to the bathroom I wiped and had a bit of blood on the tissue. Not dark or heavy, more like the last day of my period. Is this implantation bleeding or just an early period. I also do not have any cramps or pains of any sort which I usually have before my period. I'm afraid to take a test because I'd rather wait until I'm a week late. Any suggestions?????
This is my first pregnancy, but i know with me, i found out i was pregnant one week after i was late, and i had implantation bleeding (just a spot) the next day, i dont know what that means for you, but it could be....Good Luck and God Bless you!!

christina
SO IT WAS A RED SPOT???? I'M TRYING NOT TO GET TOO EXCITED ABOUT ANYTHING RIGHT NOW. HOW FAR ALONG ARE YOU?
As of tomorrow, i will be 12 weeks. I am praying for you!! Yes, it was a red spot, thats all. but i have heard of people having a little more blood than that, so i suppose it differs some. Good Luck!!
christina
To ease your mind, I have had 7 lap's and 1 ovary removed and it hasn't intefered with TTC at all! Good Luck!!
Actually I was suppose to ovulate 3/29-4/1 and I know I ovulated about 3 days before that because I could feel it. Like I said I'll wait until I'm late and go from there. Last month when I though I was and got the blood test results back I was a complete mess. I really dont' want to go through that again right now. I was wrong about my next period, it should be on the 17th or 18th not the 20th. Does anyone know if scare tissue from 3 laporoscopy's would cause a problem with ttc???
Well I think its too early to have implantation spotting if you aren't due for period unitl 4/20.  Implantation USUALLY occurs right around when your period is due.  But you could have ovulated early this cycle, which would make it possible.  Well Good luck and let us know what happens! ;o)
just looking for some advice. for the last 2 days when i wipe there is some brown dischrge , like old blood.  just finished my period on the 2nd of april, not due again till 28th. i have heard that this could be implantation spotting , but is it not to soon for that. any advice would help. thanks
I have been lightly bleeding after ovulation and it has almost been a week. The blood is not heavy at all and is rather light, and I have no cramping or pain feeling like a period. My period is a week of two off yet and I started getting this light bleeding right after ovulation like the day after could this be implantation bleeding. I usually have a menstral cycle of 28 days and in my whole life I have never experienced this before. Could I be pregant? I have been using the clearplan fertitly montior and I had intercourse on all my feritle days. I am just asking for some info.
jahzera
This is my first time pregnant, IF I am pregant at all, so im new to how all of this works. I have been online for the past week and a half searching for any/all info. I can find. Unfortunetly my girlfriends who are pregnant now or have already had a child couldn't help me so im hoping someone here can.

My last period dated around the 21st of March. so i should of gotten my period around the 18th. I say around because I forgot to write it down on my calendar this time but im usually right on time.

Anyways,I have been suspecting that I might be pregnant because I have been feeling tired all the time, headaches, mood swings, craving sweets,a little queezy, and a little cramping. At first I thought it could of been just PMS because I am due to start, but the cramps were very mild unlike my normal cramps. Also I have been tasting the weirdest taste in my mouth lately, almost like a metal taste.

Then on the 17th around 12 noon I noticed that I was bleeding just a little bit. It wasnt heavy like my normal period at all. Today is the 19th at 10 am and since then I havent had enough blood to fill a pad at all. When I use the restroom is isnt enough blood to sometimes make any spots on my pads, just to put some red on the toilet paper. This morning in the restroom there was hardly ANY blood at all. Just a smidge to say it was there but it looked like it was stopping.

For the most part the blood has been red yesterday the 18th there was a smidge of brown and this morning there was a small brown spot.

So does this mean I am "spotting" or "implantation bleeding"??  How will someone know if it is their period or not? How much bleeding is too much to be implantation bleeding?

I have been reading up on this and the implantation happens in the 4th week of pregnancy and bleeding doesnt happen to all women. You can have some cramping with it but it never says how much blood is too much to tell the difference between the two.

According to my dates that would put me about 4 weeks pg IF I am. So this could be it right?

Im excited and scared all at the time same time. We weren't planning to start a family yet but my hubby and I are both very excited to know either way.:o)

I havent taken an at home test yet because I have been reading up and it may be too early to tell yet.

So if anyone knows or thinks they could help me out, please feel free to Email me at ***@**** or just post me something here! I would really appreciate it!!
Hi AmyMaybeMommy-

I know this is an exciting time- cuz I'm practically in the same boat as you. My spotting was almost all month long since OV though- and I was due for AF on Sun the 18th. Surprisingly, that's when all the spotting stopped! So, our bodies can be funny. I took a hpt on Sun and it was neg. Could be too early -I don't know.

But, one thing that gave me a clue about you was you said you are tasting metal in your mouth. I don't know if you already have heard this but it is a sign that you could be prego.

My good friend tasted metal and then found out she had just conceived when she started tasting that! So, it could be!
Best of wishes to you.

hey! thanks for the comment! :o)

yeah im not sure whats going on. The spotting happend right when i should of started... it was red then turned brown on me... so i dont know what to think. i took a HPT yesterday because the suspense is killing me not to know, and it was negative. so like you said it might be too early to tell.

as far as the metal taste in my mouth, i read about that the other day. I was very excited to read about that because at first i thought i was crazy! lol!!

even though the suspense of not knowing for sure is killing me, im going to wait for another week and try the other test that was in the box of First Response and no matter what the result is im going to schedule a dr.'s appointment to see why my period is irregular or how far along me and my baby are! :o)

i im gonna keep my fingers crossed! even though i wasnt really tryin for kids right now, the thought of maybe being pregnant makes me so excited! :o)

by the way,what stage are you at in your pregnancy or are you still not sure? keep me posted and i will do the same for you!

Thanks again!
Hi again (Amymaybemommy & EVERYONE else too, I need some help!)...any new news?  

I
Hey Sing!!

get this... as if waiting and waiting couldnt be torture enough, i went to take another HPT this morning and the darn thing was a DUD!! i had enough urine on it and i waited the 3 minutes like i was suppose to and the darn thing was invalid!

i went back in my bedroom upset and i looked at my hubby and said " what is this?! some kind of sick joke!?" i was so angry!but at the same time it was kinda funny. we laughed at it and now im here. so i think my next step is to get another one and try to test again.

for some reason i havent been feeling any head aches, nausea, or even tasting that weird metal taste anymore. im still always tired but that could be from anything so i dont know if that means this was all a false alarm or what.

but since my work had recently been bought out by another company  my new insurance is effective May 1st. so i need to wait to get that all done and then go to the dr's for a blood test and see just what in the world is going on with me!

keep me posted on what the test says for you!! good luck!!
Wow, that is crazy!! Someone's keeping you on your toes, huh? I'm glad to hear from you. I actually posted at the open forum TGIF this AM. You can check out the thread there... but basically, I tested and it was negative.  So, I guess it's just a strange pd this month- just the spotting.
Keep in touch with your developments!
sing4u
Hey sing! I took another test last night and it was negative so i guess our bodies both are just playing tricks on us! I will still keep you posted. The hubby and I have been talking, and we are both bummed out that im not preg, so we think we might start to try.

I'll keep ya posted as to what we decide to do! :o)

~Amy~
Awww... that's neat! It made me smile when I read that you guys might start trying now. How long have you been married? I know that slight feeling of disappointment when you're not trying yet... it happened to me in Nov. I went to day 41 with no sign of pd. Then, it came and I was pretty sad.

Now, April's our official month to start trying and this funny spotting (hmph!).... but I think that WAS my pd. I am charting (NFP) and think that I am nearing OV again. -maybe you are too!?

Good to hear from you- keep me posted, as will I.
sing4u
I know this thread was posted a while ago, but I have a few questions. I have thought that I am pregnant for a couple of weeks, but the HPT was neg. I have been having a dark colored spotting for a few days and other symptoms such as a metallic taste in my mouth, crazy mood swings and sensitivity to the smell and taste of a lot of food. I am supposed to start my AF tomorrow, but there are no normal period symptoms. The nurse I talked to told me to wait, but it's driving me crazy! Are these normal preg. symptoms? Help!!!
Hi-
I've not been pregnant so I can't say from experience, but if AF is due tomorrow then you most likely tested a bit early.  It is true that many ladies taste a metallic taste in their mouth.  All I know is that when I thought I was prego, I started to almost imagine some of the symptoms! Test again tomorrow or the day after.. it shouldbe more acurate by then especially if it is one that tests 25 mIU/ml.

Go here to see the top 10 signs of pregnancy: http://www.family.msn.com/tool/article.aspx?dept=baby&sdept=bpc&name=signs

best of luck to you!! Keep us updated.
sing4u
i have been ttc for 3 years about 2 naturaly and one on fertility treatment.  I have way irregular periods i usually dont have a period but every six months.  So before every round of my treatment the RE gives me prometrium 2capsules at bedtime for 10 days.  It always works and my period comes in a couple days this time i took the prometrium same as always and no period its been 12 days since i stopped the prometruim.  i called my RE and she said that she is gong to give me a blood pregnancy test tomorrow then start  different medication if its negative.  I have been taking home test but negative is there still a chance i may be pregnant even if the home test say negative. Also i had one small spot of pinkish blood around 8 days after i stopped the prometrium so about 4 days ago.
i woke up this morning and had blood, enough that i had to wear a small liner.

usually i have TERRIBLE cramps, bad enough that i have to stay home from school laying in bed.

but these cramps werent painful, just sort of uncomfortable. i dont even feel flowing, i just see light-colored blood.

ive pretty much had sex everyday, so do you think i may possibly be pregnant?
Then if you have implantation bleeding, (16th-18 august) then would you already have hgc enough to show pregnant? in bloodtest on the 21st? because i had bleeding 3 days before test, and im not sure weather would show positive just after 3days???

and i have had no other bleeding or signs of periods, but don't understand if after implant bleeding do you still have enough HCG TO SHOW POSITIVE IN TEST???  

i HAD EGG TRANSFER ON THE 10TH AUGUST MY EGG WAS ALREADY BLASTOCYST DAY FIVE, thats why i am so confused i didnt have to wait for it to fertilize just implant, if 6-12 days after ovulation (on the 4th august) so if egg implants you get bleeding (implant) how do i work out best time to test?  
with my first daughter i did not have implantation bleeding.... but right now, i am 5 days early on my period and i had some blood when i wiped..... it didnt re-occur for HOURS... now im having some slight bleeding. nothing like a period, but heacier tham just wiping. could this be implantation bleeding or might i just be starting my period early??? ive never been 5 days early so im a little mystified here....!!
hi m married since 1year......may b frm past 3 to 4 months only v r trying for baby.....this month my period was dueon 4th of march......on 2nd march morning i saw little bleeding....it was vry light and brown in colour....thn almost whole day nothing...thn again on 3rd morning also same vry light bleeding in brown colour.....and on 4th also same vry light i think only in d morning little bit.....and it was  pink in colour....thn on 5th that is today morning i had few drops of bleeding and again nothing......usually my period is heavy......and this s d first time m experiencing like this.....pls anyone advise me
well it's not septermber 26th 2008 and my period is due tomorrow, but on the 24th i started spotting, some light red dark pinkish blood, alittle more than spotting not not heavy, and mostly when i wiped. no pain nothing, but i've never had spotting before my period before. so i'm assuming it's implantation bleeding but not for sure, i didnt have it with my daughter that i remember. so i dont know what i should do. could i be pregnant? i've been have sore brests, got veins going threw them, stomach is bloated, moody, tired all the time, feel like i'm sick every morning, or nearly every morning, been getting headaches, been eating alot, and i've been craving nothing but hamberger and rice. so someone please help me.
My husband and I have just started trying. I was on birth control for 9 months before. I quit taking it on June 25 (the day i was supposed to start a new pack) and also started my period that day. My next period was July 27. My husband and I went to our preconception appointment (i did not have an exam) yesterday afternoon and my gyno said with how my cycle is, i should be starting again on the 28th-ish. When we left our appt, i went to the restroom and wiped and there was a little blood. I went to the restroom a little later and there was nothing. This morning I woke up and my back hurts, i have mild cramping and i had a little blood in my underware (bright red on the tissue, but darker in my underware, like streaks). Every few times i go to the bathroom, there is blood on the tissue. Did I start early or is this implantation bleeding? How much blood and how strong of cramps can distinguish between period and pregnancy? Please help b/c I don't know what is going on!
Hi I've been trying to get pregnant for 4 months now and today I noticed a pink discharge when I wiped my periods due on the thirteenth of august but it's never been early in the ten years I have been menstrating I am not bleeding alot and I'm not cramping it's just light spotting and not like a flow I don't know if I'm pregnant but any advice or opinions would be appreciated
Okay so i need some help. I had my period last month on like the 20th to like the 25th. Had intercourse on the 27th and now its the sixth and im spotting. I never just randomly spot. And thats kinda really soon to be having my period again. Could this be implantation bleeding? Its pink btw with a little cramps. Some sites say you can cramp a lil and others say you dont so im confused.. HELP!?!
I'm anxious and worried at the same time about what's going on with my body... i feel as if i'm pregnant (you know how some people just know) like I did when I was pregnant 5 years ago.. so if I'm pregnant this would be my second time. However I've had very confusing signs and I'm not sure if it's my period or if it's implantation bleeding.. i had light pink discharge 4 days ago.. then skipped a day of discharge and then 2 days ago I thought it was the beginning of my period so I put in a tampon.. a day later I discovered that the tampon looked like the end of my period (sorry to be graphic) and today I had slight bleeding but only when I use the bathroom and wipe. I'm so confused. My period was never like this and by this time right now, my period would be heavy. What's strange is that I've taken 3 pregnancy tests now and all of them have been negative. I'm not sure if this is my period or if it's implantation bleeding. If it is implantation bleeding, should I be worried that it's been going on for 5 days now? Please help! My email is ***@****. THANK YOU!!!!
So I had a extremely light period for 5 days....which NEVER happens for me. I hav Ben so tired an not feelin too good...I get extreme headaches lately...I felt a tiny pain in my lower abdominal....I hav like a tiny tiny amount of blood...could I b pregnant or would it b a hormone issue?????
Hi, this is new to me. I had my last period on the 14th of september and on october I haven't gotten my period just white discharging, but just yesterday november 4th I've noticed pinkish brownish spotting. What does that mean? Could I be pregnant? Please help!
Hey there.  Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else.  I had my implanon removed 4 weeks ago me and my partner had unprotected sex 3weeks ago and again 2wks ago.  I am not due my period for 4 more days.  Yesterday i started a little bleed not heavy at all barley noticed it it was light pink when i wiped. This smorning i wole up same thing.  I went shopping and came home as i went to the tolite i noticed a little dark red patch in my underwear. It has stoped again.  Could this be implantion bleeding.  Mother of 1 thanks =)
Hi just wondering if anyone could help me, I have sore lumpy breast which feel heavier than usual, also I went to the toilet and when I wiped there were small spots of blood on the tissue, like someone had sprayed it on there, that was a few days ago and I havent had any since, I'm hoping I'm pregnant but a test came back negative, has anybody had a similar experience with pregnancy? X