Maternal & Child Community
implantation cramping without bleeding at 5 weeks?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

6 Days late for my period, two HPT are both positive. I'm roughly 5 weeks. Have been experiencing vague lower abdominal cramping as if my period will start soon, but my menstrual cramps are usually much stronger. These cramps I'm experiencing now are sharp at times, but mostly vauge and constant. I have had some creamy cervical discharge, no blood. Should I be concerned? Could this be miscarriage or just implantation?
I know for sure that cramping during pregnancy is normal and healthy. What you're feeling is you uterus growing. What's not normal is any sign of blood along with cramping.
Keep us updated.
Thank you for your reassurance. We haven't shared our good news with anyone just yet, and it's nice to have someone to talk to. I have three 12-hour shifts at work coming up and with the cramping I am a little nervous about being on my feet so much.
I wouldn't worry if there is no bleeding. I had mild cramps and twinges for the first few months with both of mne and I think it was just everything starting to stretch and get ready for bub. Good luck and a happy healthy 8months ahead.
Congratulations!!!  I had about three to four weeks of cramping at the beginning and then cramping off and on ever since (I'm 22 weeks), so sounds normal to me. :)  If you have any concerns, bring them up with a doctor, but otherwise, just try to relax and enjoy your pregnancy!!!
Congrats on your pregnancy!!  I too am having cramping and am just a few days late.  I don't know if this is just a late period or if I am pregnant.  With my daughter I had the flu just before I found out that I was pregnant so I cannot remember if there was cramping. I have read till my eyeballs are about to fall out and it seems that early cramping and some slight spotting can be very normal.  Any feedback on this?
Hello and congrats.  In 6 days I will have made it to my 2nd trimester.  The first three months were not easy including two hospital stays.  In the beginning I went in due to cramping at first without spotting then spotting started.  Everytime they check me the baby is/was fine.  5 weeks was my worst time for this cramping so if it gets worse dont panic but do call your doctor.  They told me never to take it lightly when there is spotting but that many many women spot in their first trimester.

Good Luck! -- PS I am over 11 weeks now and still cramp.
For the past 3 weeks i have had tender/sore breasts, and now for the past 6 days i have had sharp menstral type cramps without any signs of my period.  The cramps feel like they are just above my pubic bone.  My hubby and i have been trying to get pregnant for the past 6 years and no luck so far.  So i dont want to get my hopes up only to have them stomped on yet again!!  I took a pg test about 4 days ago and it came up negative. but the cramps have not ceased.  any thoughts on this?? any info or help would be aprechiated!!

paitentlyawaitingpregnancy
I would test again, unless your period isn't due yet then it might still be too early.  On Thursday (June 5) I tested and got a VERY faint positive, almost looked negative.  Then yesterday (June 9) I tested positive with too tests.  Both tests are posted on my pictures so you can see.  I am also getting cramping, as if my period is about to start, but from everyone I've talked to it is normal.  I also went today to get a blood test done and will know the results on Thursday, to verify that I am pregnant.  Good Luck.  But it could be your period coming OR pregnancy.  
Thanks for the feedback!! I know this sounds crazy but i dont actually remember when my last cycle was.   I know it was before may 24/08.  I should have been paying closer attention, but when you have been trying to start a family for the past 6 years and continually get negatives you tend to try and not focus on things.  When do you think i should retest?  I still have cramping (day 8)  with no signs of AF!  My breasts are a little less tender from what they have been.  Im feeling so nervous and scared and sure dont want to see a negative!!!   Maybe i should wait a little longer before retesting?? what do you guys think?  any and all suggestions are welcome!!  the more the better!!  take care and hope to hear some responses soon!!
sarah
Well May 24th was almost 2 1/2 weeks ago, so it's hard to tell.  I would wait a couple more weeks before testing, just to be sure.  BUT, a doctor can do a blood test which will show for sure.  Some HPT's only pick up a minimum amount of pregnancy horomone, so if you are pg you may not have enough built up yet.  Or you may not be pregnant.  Good Luck with everything.
Yeah i think its best to wait!  Even though not knowing is killing me !!  I know i didnt have my period on may 24th it was before that, but just cant remember. I know i had it before because when hubby and i went camping on may 24th i didnt have my period.  I think your right though!  Its best to wait..but ohhh so hard!
sarah
Well i woke up today and again no signs of AF!!   i cant help but feel a little bit excited each day that i wake up with no signs of AF!  Im trying not to get my hopes up because in the past it has only lead to dissapointment.  
  The cramping seems to have lessened to a duller and sometimes not even there!  Im not sure if this is a good sign or not?  anyone with some insight it sure would be apprechiated!!
sarah
well just an update, still no AF, last period i remember having was well before may24/08  I still have the occassional cramping, but not as bad as it was.  Breasts are still tender but not so painful that they cant be touched or anything like that.  This morning i woke up very groggy, having a hard time waking up!  I seem to be hungry alot but then when i go to eat it just doesnt seem to want to go down very well!  Does this sound familar to anyone?  I have been despretly ttc for the past 6 years, and have always gotten neg results!  i have tested this month about a week and a half ago, and it was neg.  do you think that its just my body playing tricks on me?  or could i be pregnant and get neg results?  any insight on this sure would be helpfull !!!   All replys are welcome...the more the better!!
thanks
sarah
hi again all !!  i really need someones help as to when i should do another preg test??  these thoughts of i think i might be pregnant...and then the thoughts of  i cant be pregnant because i have been trying so long and it hasnt worked yet...are really driving me insane!! anyone that can help please??
sarah