Maternal & Child Community
irregular gestational sac shape

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

irregular gestational sac shape

This isn't really a question, but a response. I had this question for the last few months - If the gestational sac is irregular shape, can whats inside be okay??? My gestational sac was irregular shape - not round, oval, peanut shaped or any of the other typical shapes - but very asymmetric and kind of squished on one side, just a weird shape. Anyways, it was originally called a blighted ovum and I scheduled a D and C. Then a yolk sac and fetal pole showed up inside - and a heartbeat. The heartbeat stayed strong for a few weeks and the fetus was growing. However, the sac never looked normal and I had a suspicion that something was wrong. So at 9 weeks I had an US and the baby had stopped growing a week earlier, and no heartbeat was seen. The irregular sac was a bad sign in my case and in general I think a pregnancy is more likely than not to be abnormal if any component of it, including the gestational sac, is abnormal. My prior pregnancy was totally normal and I looked at the sac in the one US image I have and it looked like a peanut with a point - so they can be a slightly weird shape and be fine, but if it is bizarre - like I would call by miscarriage sac - then its not a good sign. I gave the baby a chance even though I knew it would probably not make it, and I would encourage others to as well. But be prepared for it to not work out...

This discussion is related to Irregular Gestational Sac.
0%
 (0) 
irregular gestational sac - had a miscarriage
0%
 (0) 
irregular gestational sac was a bad sign in my case
0 Members voted