Maternal & Child Community
is 3 weeks preg and hormone level 8632 normal? HELP PLEASE

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

One year ago I had ectopic and me and my hubby has been trying to have another baby since. Found out we are preg went to old old OB said she just seen sac no baby. Ok went back 2nd time to OB she tells me the worst news in the world...I will not have normal pregnancy & looks like it may end up ectopic because of my hormones being high and all she seen was the sac getting bigger but no baby. She sends us to hospital do more blood wk and more ultrasounds. Waited for hours to hear anything, and the dr told me my blood wk has doubled since Monday. Anyway my nurse tells me I am getting discharged after they hear from the OB to tell her the ultrasound did spot gestational sac and it may be too early. So pretty much there is no ectopic but the OB wants me to flush my baby out, abort. "No" I said!! I don't have the symptoms like last years ectopic and I will put myself through those symptoms before I would do anything to flush out my baby..The head nurse and the assistant manager was proud of my decission, they were against it as well. The dr went back and forth calling this soo called OB letting her know what they thought but of course the dr did not want to not side with her just cause it was his co worker. Anyways the Head nurse told me she felt it in her heart that it was wrong of the Ob and I would not be walking or sleeping if I had this ectopic. She said in her heart she knew I was ok!! Assistant manager said she had high hormones when she was pregnant and they did not see hers until the 6th week..& my hormone levels will soon lower down. Now hopefully everything is ok and when I go back in 2 days for more blood wk it will be lower and if it is all good then we are soo looking for a new OB because I do not believe to abort or what she says "flush" out my baby...my hormone level is 8632 right now and I am 3 weeks along, will my pregnancy be normal PLEASE HELP I JUST WANT MY PREGNANCY BE NORMAL...
Hi!
I am not sure what you mean by 3 weeks of pregnancy—if you mean three weeks after your last menstrual periods—then the levels are way too high. This could mean a molar pregnancy. If you mean 3 weeks from your ovulation date then you have a pregnancy of 5 weeks—again levels are high—usually maximum HCG levels at this stage are around 7000Mui/ml. So you could be 6 weeks plus after last menstrual period with HCG levels around 8632. If levels are doubling, then it is a good indication. I suggest you wait until 8 completed weeks from the first day of your last menstrual period and then have a scan by vaginal route. Do discuss this with your doctor or take a second opinion from another Obs and Gyn. Take care!
thanks and I went back @ the hospital for the check up. They told me my hcg level doubled like it sapose to. They did not see ectopic or anything else right now, they compared the ultrasound and they seen growth. Not specifically a baby but it look normal and that I may be little less than 5 wks. I am still concerned but the way the doctor told me that looked to be good news. Can the Doc @ the hospital just say that because it is too soon to tell. My hcg is 1600 now, so if it is doubling then good that is what the doc says. I am still worried I dont have symptoms of anything or no pain. I am trying to get medicaid so I can go to an OB but it may take awhile and I am just worried.