Maternal & Child Community
just wondering

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

just wondering

i went too the doctor yesterday.....and i was told that i was 11 week and 3 days now i am wondering
when he went too hear the baby heart beat he could not hear nothing... but he told me that i might
be too early how true is that... because i am so scared right about now... but when i lay down i hear
my baby heart beat so does that mean i have nothing too worry about

SIGNED;

a young mother who needs advice
Sorry to tell you but it is very doubtfull that the heart beat you are hearing at night when you lay down is your baby's.  I'm positive it is your own pluse...count the heart beats per minute if it is less than 120-160 beat per minute range than you can be very sure that the heart beat you are hearing is not your baby's.  If the doctor tells you not to worry than I would not worry...I am sure they will hear the heart on the next visit.