Maternal & Child Community
lactation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

lactation

Can you lactate without being pregnant? And can it be caused by Breast Implants?
I actually had this problem once.  I have a rare stomach disorder and they had put me on an "experimental" drug called Domperidone.  It was imported from New Zeland.  Not approved for use in the states and I later found out why.  It was known to make some women lactate, and natually I had that side effect.  Other then lactating while not pregnant I didn't notice a difference so I stopped taking it.  It was weird.  If your on any regular medications you may want to reasearch it.  I don't know the answer on the breast implants, but I wouldn't think so.  Hope this helps!