large cyst found on unborn baby's head
I am 16wks into my pregnancy and my ultrasound showed a large cyst on the back of my baby's head and neck. They said it could be neural tube defect and i have to have a level 2 ultrasound and an amnio. What could this be on my baby? Please Help.
they didn't tell you what kind of cyst it was?  i don't know much about what different kinds there could be but our 4 month old had one that we found at our 18-20wk u/s.  it was a choroid plexus cyst.  

did they see anything else wrong during the u/s?  like short limbs or clinched hands or clubbed foot, ect...  none of those were found on ours so we chose not to do an amnio.  we had a follow up u/s (level 2) 4 weeks later and the cyst was gone.

good luck w/ your pregnancy...  i hope you get good news!
My neighbors just had this same thing happen only they found it at the 38 week ultrasound.  He's 3 weeks old and doing great and after several scares that the cyst had grown into the brain matter, etc., it ended up being a interuterine hemangeoma and they said it will go away on it's own in about a year. It is large and they were very concerned but it ended up fine. Hopefully it will all be fine.  Ask lots of questions and try for as many answers as you can before your little one is here so you know what to expect.  Good luck.
Honey, ask a lot of questions, like energy_train says.  Though it could be serious, it could also be something not so serious, so try not to frighten yourself with the worst.  Your best bet is to press to have your next tests soon, so you won't drive yourself crazy with worry.  I know, easier said than done!