Maternal & Child Community
late period after abortion

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

late period after abortion

Hi, I am 27 years old,

I found out after 4 days of being late , that I was pregnant. My last period was on May 12. After testing positive, On june 20 I had performed a medical abortion and my period was back to normal on July 26. Althought this time it lasted 9 days instead of 6 as usual, everything else was normal. My question is the following: I have been using condoms with my husband and was expecting to get my next period on the 23 of August, it still hasn't come yet althought I took 2 pregnancy tests and both tested negative, could I still possibly be pregnant?
Thank You
Hey, no I don
I don't agree that's the case.  I for one respect that everyone is entitled to their own opinion and choice...whether i agree or not isn't the issue.  Just cause i agree or don't agree w/ someone doesn't mean i wouldn't give them my opinion.  Thing is this is a message board on pregnancy/abnormal..and in my humble opinion, with so many women miscarrying/threatened misscarriages, and trying to conceive, ...i don't need to go on...i know for ME personally..and again, i would NEVER tell someone my opinion if i thought it was hateful or hurtful..i'd just be realistic, but sensitive...anyhow, for me personally..having had two losses recently..and both being very dangerous and very traumatic, it's hard to hear about people having abortions..but like i said, i am nobody to judge, it just feels a tiny bit insensitive to me when people are worried and grieving about the CHANCE of their pregnancy not being viable.  The best to everyone ((((HUGS))))
Do you browse the forum looking for topics to then badmouth others. Are you even appropriate for this category Pregnancy-Abnormal? It seems like you are just looking to spread negativity.
I have to agree with what kellied says.  It's not that people will necessarily tear you up, but there are a lot of women and their s/o's who post on this board that are in a lot of pain.  Your post may seem insensitive to them and they may lash out, especially if they aren't in favor of a woman's right to choose.  I had to have a D&C for a miscarriage yesterday and I would do ANYTHING to have my baby back, but I know not everyone is ready to be a parent.  

And no, to answer your question you are probably not pregnant.  Your hormones just take a while to get back to normal.  It sounds like you've been pretty responsible about birth control.  If you're really worried about it call your doc and get a blood preg. test done.  It should be accurate at 7-10 dpo.  

I didnt say you couldnt state a opinion..i was just stating mine.. i was just saying that you should not have said "watch out what you say" that is what started this.. and im hoping it will end here.. i dont wanna fight.. i just put my input.. like you put yours..thats all.. thanx and have a nice day

~*Chloe*~
hey,
    I really dont think anyone would have started speaking negative if you didnt say what you said.. there was no reason for you to say that at all.. you were the first person to repsond to that and no one had any problems.. ppl are probably upset more about what you said.. we are all here to help each other.. and just because you think we have a problem with what that lady had to say keep it to yourself.. that was uncalled for.. you didnt need to "Warn' her..

~*chloe*`
Ya, ya you're all right.  I am the worst person in the world, I am bitter, negative and self-rightous.  The obvious point you are all forgetting to look at here, is that I am giving MY opinion.  If you don't like it don't read it.  I thought this forum was to help people, no give them false hopes or nag on someone for having an opinion different than theirs.  What would be the purpose of this if everyone thought the same thing?
Look, if you don't like what I have to say, then don't read what I write.  Again, I was trying to help, not spread negativity.  I have never gone to you for a question or an answer so why everytime I respond to a question or concern, your name comes up and you start in on me?  Leave me alone.
I think it is sad that a woman came on here looking for advice and it was turned into something so terrible. She had a question that desperately needed answered and there was more arguing on here than question answering. Some women do tend to bash women who have had abortions, I got beat up because I had one, so I consider it a nice gesture that Kazzo was warning her on what to say and what not to say. If you guys want to argue go to a different site where there are not so many hormones flying around!
If you are testing negative and are still concerned then go to the doctor.  It seems like you and your husband don't want kids considering you aborted why don't you look into getting your tubes tied or something that is 100%.  I don't mean to be bitchy, this is just a VERY touchy subject for me since I lost my baby I would kill to have.  But I wish you luck!
I had an abortion also may 12th and i got my period in june but not in july, i took a pregnancy test and the test was negative.
i had a miscarriage on march 19  i was 8 weeks and three days....i was on my "period"  for two weeks and a half, after that, i got my period on april 19, it lasted a week ...on may i was late one week, i got it the 28 (6 days as normal), i didnt have a period on june, i got it on july 3rd (6 days), and i was suposed to have it on august the 3rd but instead, i was spotting (sorry for my grammar) for two weeks, some days i was clean, some i was bleeding........i went to the doctor and she told me to take sume birth control pills......i took them and the next day i was ok no bleeding ..... i've been taking them for like 2 weeks now, do some one think that i shouldnt take them if im trying to get pregnant? what should i do? can some one hel me/
daprincess, this is NOT a TTC forum.  That one is over on the Infertility/Fertility forum.  

This one concerns all things involved with Maternal or Child health or care issues.  We prefer that the abortion related posts are on the Womens forum, but many people don't know that and post here.

Besides, its 4 years old.
okay lets get back to helping each other i had a baby on 6-29-07 bleed for 3weeks then on 8-27-07 i had a normal 5to6day period now iam late my period was due on 9-27-07 its now 5days late i have been trying to have a baby once i saw my period was back to normal now i don't understand when i got pregnant i got inplanttion bleeding and thought that was my monthly it was the same as a monthly 5days so i did't even know i was pregnant until the next month when i missed my monthly so can i be pregnant i took 4hpts ang all [-] iam praying i took them to early need help stress is on my back wishing for more kids i want as many as my body can handle i love being pregnant
i had a abortion on the 6 december and stopped bleedin on the 28 december then took my period on the 12 of jan.  But i have not had one since is this normal?
Have you taken a test?
no not yet
Reminder of the Rules of the Forum -

"...In consideration for being allowed to use the Public Areas on MedHelp's website, you agree that the following actions shall constitute a material breach of these Terms and Conditions of Use:

Posting material that is unlawful, obscene, derogatory, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by MedHelp in its sole discretion."

For our full Terms of Use document, please click on the link at the bottom of the page.

Cindy Thompson
MedHelp

I & My girlfriend found out that she is pregnant after a divine Niagara trip:) We agreed to have an abortion. It was successful and she had her period twice. Two months passes and now again her period is late by some days although she has had little cramping and a few spots. We are sure that we have been cautious. Could this be a post abortion thing?
Two years ago in November I had an abortion. December was a normal period, and then in January it never came at all.

Since then I have had normal periods until Nov. of this year when, once again, it never came at all. Now, this month was normal again.

I never missed a period before I was pregnant, or had the abortion. Abortion really does change the way a woman's body works, and you will never really be the same as you were before.

The key is paying attention, and listening to your body. What was normal before won't necessarily be normal now.

And, for god's sake give your body a rest from sex for a while. If your partner can't understand that, then maybe it's time to redefine the nature of your relationship.
HI,

I had an abortion on first week of the March. Till date i didn't get my periods. i did test and it was negative. me and my husband had safe sex all the times. i am taking birth control pills since 2 weeks. is it normal not getting periods after a month too
i had my abortion done on apirl 22nd and i got my periods on may30th. the period lasted for some 8 days. now its june and i still didn't my periods. my husband and i had intercourse without precaution just for  3 times. i did a home pregnancy test on 1st july and it showed me negative... its now july 4th would i be pregnant??