Maternal & Child Community
late period and negative test results
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

late period and negative test results

hi ladies i need your opinion,

i run down of my history as quick as i can, 3 male pregnancy's without a problem. 5 early miscarriages in 2009 ( all between 5 and 9 week's) 4 male son born 2011. hosp thinks i cant carry girls hence the loses.(gutted)

now we are sort of in the situation that we well my partner doesn't want anymore but wont have the snip (man thing)
the hospital wont sterelise me as there are other forms of less invasive contraception. my friend and her hubby said they were using a fertility site to avoid conception by the days she ovulates, so we gave it ago (oh no guess what)

my cycle is a regular 24 days and i spot for 5 days before my period is due according to this website i am fertile days 8- 13 so as advised we avoided those days.
a week before my period was due i had a show that stopped straight away now i am 5 days late with a negative test well 3 in total. i looked up on a pregnancy calendar and it says i have conceived on day 7 which would make me 3 weeks and 2 days. all of my pregnancys i have found out early due to my length of cycle my last male pregnancy i found out at 2 and a half weeks but then i had shares in pregnancy tests lol

would like some honest opinions please xx
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi!
It is very difficult to say whether you have conceived or delay in periods is due to some other cause.
If urine pregnancy test is negative then go for a blood pregnancy test. A blood HCG estimation test would be more reliable. If the test is negative then you are not pregnant. If it is borderline, repeat after 48 hours to see if the levels are rising. Rising levels indicate pregnancy. If this too is negative then other causes of delayed or missed periods will have to be looked at such as ectopics (can give negative urine/HCG tests), stress whether emotional or physical, hypothyroidism, polycystic disease of the ovary, pituitary tumors secreting prolactin, anemia and poor diet, hormonal imbalance, unexplained or sudden weight gain or weight loss. You will need to consult a gynecologist for this.
You can opt for permanent sterilization if you are not pregnant, as you have four live births. Take care!
Blank
after many negative tests and still not feeling right we have a positive, well 5 to be exact. 6 days ago was the first using a digital with conception indicator reading 1-2 weeks then 2 days ago reading 2-3. according to pregnancy calculator i am 7 weeks and 2 days but the indicator suggests 4-5 2 day ago?
last lmp 22/1/12 with a regular 24 day cycle. does this sound about right?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...