Maternal & Child Community
leaking urine
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

leaking urine

I have no idea what's going on with me!!  I started leaking urine two days ago...not a lot but enough where I have to wear a pad.  I have no other symptoms - no pain, no frequent urination....

I had my second dd 6 months ago....via a c-section.  But this is the first time I've experienced this.  I didn't even have this problem when I was pregnant.

Anyone had this happen (when you weren't pregnant)?  Any idea what this could be?
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
i have no idea what this could be but i would suggest u call ur doctor right away to get it sorted out. Good luck!
Blank
127124_tn?1326739035
I know after a c-section it can weaken the bladder but this usually happens soon after.  I would talk to the Dr.  You can also do kegel exercises to strenghthen the muscles.
Blank
Any chance you have a bladder infection?  I never had one until several months after my second was born.  I had no pain/burning, but just leaking to the point of wearing a pad.  I honestly just drank a ton of cranberry juice (natural cure, although maybe only b/c it hadn't gotten too far) and it went away after a day or so.  I've also heard that apple cider vinegar helps, but the smell/taste was too much for me.

If not that, then I think I would run it past your doctor just to see...and the kegel exercises do help.

Hope you feel better soon!
Blank
134578_tn?1404951303
My doc warned me that if I didn't pee virtually every hour on the hour when pregnant, that I would have leakage later, after the pregnancy was over, b/c the muscles there weaken.  Kegels are one way to help, but if you do them for a few months and find you're still leaking, talk to your doctor.
Blank
192918_tn?1199454779
Turns out it was a bladder infection....and one that traveled to my kidneys!!  So I guess not all bladder infections are painful!!  I developed a slight fever just before heading to my dr appt.  Other than that, the only symptom I had was the leakage.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank