Maternal & Child Community
leg pains before menses

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

leg pains before menses

I was just wondering if anyone here gets legs pains just before their menstrual? I have been getting this now for quite sometime and was wondering if it's normal,,,
Almost like achey (achy) pains like I just worked out hard on my legs and they need to be massaged,,? I was wondering cause I get this just before my menses and know now it's happening so Im prob getting my period and not pregnant,,,,
THANKS LADIES, I WAS JUST WONDERING IF IT'S NORMAL OR SHOULD I GO TO THE DOC....THANKS AGAIN
I used to get them too...it was the only way that I knew that AF was coming...I would get the pains and within 2 days I would get AF...I usually used heat to help with the pain...a warm bath or a heating pad...hth
Hi ladies,
Yeah I used to get the leg pains too. THey were like my thighs used to become very very tight and that it was very heavy (kind of) to walk also. I started getting this pains couple of years ago. But since then I got pregnant and had a still born in dec 2004 and now I am pregnant(still waiting to go for the U/S). Anyways from what I have heard it is very common before AF. Heard it from couple of my other friends. they cant even workout.
I get the same achy feeling in my leg too but it's in the right leg only.  It's normal from what I've been told and I have 3 children.  I think I started noticing it before mensus about 5 or 6 years ago.  As for getting the leg pain but not your period can happen too.  I got the leg pain in July as normal a couple of wks before mensus was supposed to start and low and behold, went to the dr. for my yearly pap and was told a week later that I was pregnant.
I get the leg pains too, but I get it in my left leg so it is not uncommon.
I just saw your post to me re: B6.  I think the B complex your on should be ok.  In fact, B6 works better when you are getting all of your Bs.  I think the general rule is to start out with 50mg/day, but not to exceed 200mg/day.  Also, make sure you drink plenty of water b/c B vitamins are water soluble.  If you experience tingling in your fingers or toes then you should either stop taking it or reduce the amount.  From what I understand, it takes a while for any "real" damage to occur, that's why you should stop if you notice anything.  If you are concerned, then you may want to try the herb, Vitex (AKA: Chaste Tree Berry).  It is supposed to do the same thing as B6 (balance hormones), but it is slow acting.  I order the tincture from RedMoonHerbs.Com.  There are actually a lot of herbs that are supposed to help with fertility.  Let me know if you are interested. Sorry, I have no idea about your leg problem.
Thanks again regarding leg paing aches,,,,it's just nice to hear if others get this,,,my husband has to massage them all the time,,,,it's like i went on long hike and you wake up the next day and your achey (achy),,not pain, I shouldnt' have said pain,,,becasue it's not pain,,,it's more like sore muscles,,,

Oh and thanks for getting back to me in regards to the b complex,,,
I read the back and most of the b's I'm getting I think are only 5mg,,,not sure,,,and I think that is a low dose and I should be fine,,,I will get back to you if I decide on the other,,,
I will just keep trucking away with the b-complex..
My menses is due on the 30th,,,but I have every bit of pms like always,,,not looking forward,,,I'm headachey too,,,every symptom i get is like pregnancy, so I honestly can't do anything until it comes,,,,
I get headaches, sore bbs, swollen abdomen, cramping, drooly mouth(hahah) all of the above,,so that is all....
It's funny because I thought I knew exactly when I ovulate,,,but maybe I'm timing it all wrong,,I think in a couple of months more if nothing happens, I will purchase one of those ovulation kits that everyone uses,,,they sound useful enough,,,gosh I love this site,,,everyone is so helpful...take care all ladies and babydust to all!!!
Yes I get the leg pains too. But only since my MC 7 months ago. It's nice to know others get them and that if I do get them, it doesn't mean I'm not PG. Thanks.
guys. this is called restless leg syndrome. it's the creepy-crawly feeling in your leg. kinda like you gotta keep moving it to be comfy. it's freaky i know but now they have meds for it.
what is the medication? I am so frustrated with monthly leg pain, I can't even sleep right anymore.