Maternal & Child Community
life with 2 kids

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

life with 2 kids

well these past 2 weeks have been very hard! Carmine wants more attention and cries a lot! He does love his sister though he always is trying to help her. Giving her her pacifier and plays with her feet and hands lol. Its just that they wake eachother up and its just hard. I dont know if its my hormones but i've been very mean lately, there were days I didnt even talk to my dh. I am just exhausted and it just gets me very upset. I mean dh helps out but I told him he could take 1 night feeding too, but hasn't the past two days, if he doesn't tonight I will be more upset in the morning. Otherwise everything else is awesome. my daughter is drinking 3 oz every 3 hrs. Im glad she eats unlike my son. I had a very scary and stressful and painful labor with my daughter having the cord wrapped around her neck twice and having the bowel movement while I was in labor and her low blood sugar, but I'd do it all in a second. I made a mistake last year, but all I could say is being pregnant and having a child and being a mom is the best thing in the world. I would love to have lots of children, but I couldn't afford it right now lol. But I love it!
I am so glad you are doing well! Yes, it is very hard with a newborn. But women are STRONG and we can handle it!
INSIST that DH take a night feeding. You NEED your rest--having a baby is very hard on a womans body and you are still recuperating.
And yes, your hormones are going wacko still! You are slowly getting back to normal and it will take some time.
I am so glad she is a good eater! I know that stresses you out about Carmine, so at least you dont have to worry about little Miss Gisele!
Keep up the good attitude! Things will just get better and better! Luv ya Heather!
Oh gosh, you are scaring me :)

I'm expecting now and my son will be 18 months on my due date.  What is the age difference of your children?  

hang in there hon...  when I am mad/tired I have a tendency to focus on dh and get even more mad....  if you need his help, let him know... it isn't worth holding in the frustration, because it will come out.  
Don't FRET! It gets better. I was ANGRY, MEAN oh, it was terrible. My kids are 19 /2 mo's apart and my next one will be 18 mo's. I wish they had patience in a pill. I was getting angry anytime my dd (19 1/2 mo) would get in any of my ds' things, crib, swing, travel swing, anything. BUT she wasn't going to break it so why keep yelling. It is tough but a couple of months from now things will be settled and you'll look back and go WOW, that was me, hee, hee. Now, they love eachother (he loves her that is).  Congrats and good luck!
You are overtired. Try to take little naps here and there. Don't try to be a perfect Mom. If you are well rested you will be a better Mom. Insist that Dad take on a night feeding! Your hormones are adjusting, try not to be too hard on yourself! Congrats on your little girl! It will get better, I promise!
I hate to say, that it gets worse before it gets better(for me at least). That first year w/ our second was really hard. She was very demanding, cried a lot and had a few minor health problems. It REALLY took a toll on our marriage. Our demanding baby wiped both of us out, DH was tired from working so much and then coming home, to a mad house, lol! I felt very trapped, and the fact she was born in the winter made it hard to get outside a lot to beat the baby AND winter blues. It was more difficult then I ever imagined, especially since our first was a very easy, happy baby. But, the point of what I am saying is that it DOES get better! DD is now almost 16 months and she is a happy toddler, and our marriage weathered at least that storm! We are doing great. Hang in there, sleep would probably have helped me a lot. (I am one of those people that require well OVER 8 hours to function, like 9 or 10, but that doesn't really happen w/ my dd's)

I agree, nap when you can. Do what you can. Hang in there, it really does get better and there is NOTHING more satisfying than having your two little ones grow to play with and love one another!
Well I'm glad Im not the only one that went through this lol, I'm just so overtierd! Lovethebops u made me feel better lol.   yes jenny its hard  lol mine are 16 months and 1 day apart :) Carmine wants all the attention so yesterday my mom had him and it was so much more relaxing and calm so he is part of the issue too :). If I have more kids im waiting a while, its hard having them so close in age. I wish I had a patience pill too. I'm so mean all day, I yell at dh all the time, he is getting sooo  my nerves, the other day I just took carmine and left for a while and stuck him home with the baby. I need some time al one. My daughter is different she cries more than Carmine did and eats more and more often. Carmine was more a relaxed and happy baby and sooo good with the sleeping. She is different. I just hope dh and I dont fall more apart I think we should have a night out together without the kids, maybe that will help
Try to make time for each other, you and DH. I believe it would help. I think that was part of our problem, we had so little time together, and it really changed our lives, routine, etc. (Plus, my girls are 2 1/2 years apart). I think if we had more time to do things with each other during those rough months, it may have been easier. We are back on track now though, and things feel 'normal' again. It will take time to adjust, I can't imagine with my 16 month old having another newborn, that must be tough. I am wiped with my 3 1/2 and toddler. We are done for a while with making babies, as I am in school, and we are afraid to see what would happen to OUR relationship (which almost fell apart) if we had another anytime soon. Best wishes, hope you get some sleep.