Maternal & Child Community
light brown spotting at 34 weeks pregnant/ inducement due to GD and bab...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

light brown spotting at 34 weeks pregnant/ inducement due to GD and baby's size

Hi girls. I am curently 34 weeks PG and have GD. Las night I had a little brown discharge when I wiped, but then it went away. This morning the same things happened. I caled my OB and he said not to worry  unless it changed or became bright red. Has anyone else had this late in PG. I know it can be a sign of preterm labor so I was concerned. Also, to update my situation. I have GD and at 32 weeks I had an U/S to estimate fetal weight,  said she was about 5.5 lbs which is large for that age. My OB is giving me a biophysical profile every week from now on. Basically it is a detailed U/S plus a non stress test. So far so good but he still plans on inducing me at about 38 weeks or scheduling a C-section due to her large size. Anyone else with GD have a similar situaiton? Also if you were induced did it work or did you end up with a section? Thanks
Hi there! My friend just called me today and shes 33 weeks and had spotting all night last night. She is pregnant with twins though don't know if that matters but she's going to call the Dr. in the morning. At 33 weeks they said my baby was 5-5.5lbs and they aren't concerned as to doing an u/s every week. They did say I can be induced at 39 weeks. I have been induced two times, once with my oldest and with my youngest and yes it did work. I wouldn't recommend it unless your cervix is "favorable" meaning you are effaced or dilated. They induced me with the oldest at like 11 in the afternoon and because i was not dilated or effaced they had to stop labor at 11 at night and insert a cervadil to ripen my cervix over night, which softens it to help progress labor. Luckily it worked the next day but was another 10 hours of labor. So, I know it is better that you wait until your cervix is ready, and my Dr's even said if my cervix at 39 weeks isn't favorable then they won't induce. I would talk to your Dr. more about it, see which way they plan on inducing. Breaking of the water bag, pitocin, stripping the membranes, act. All of mine were with pitocin! Good luck and I hope you have a great labor and don't need a c-section :)
Hi I didnt have brown discharge but did have the gd with my first pregnancy I had a scan at 35 weeks to see what size the baby was she was 6lb and I got another scan at 37 weeks and the baby was already over 7lb it seems at the last few weeks of gd the baby grows really quickly and was advised to get induced at 38 weeks we tried 3 days to get me into labour but nothing would happen so 5 days later I was exactly 39 weeks I got a c section I had no labour pains and hardly felt a thing until afterwards it was a wee bit sore but a pain you can definitely handle I just wish I went straight for a c section and my girl weighed 8lb 9oz so she grew heaps from 36 weeks scan. I hope all works out well for you im currently 24 weeks preg and dont have gd but may get it at 28 weeks so ill just be getting another c section good luck.
Late ultrasounds are notoriously inaccurate at estimating size.  They can be off as much as a pound either way.  Don't put much stock in any estimated weights you get now.  

Most women with GD do get induced a couple weeks early, due to the tendency for bigger babies with bigger shoulders.
I was induced with my first due to being past due by 9 days & so uncomfortable. I had been on bed rest for almost 3 months. He too was 10.1 & 22.5 inches long! I didn't have gd with any of my pg. My doctor had no idea he was going to be that big. Every time he came to see me he would make a commment about how big he was & he never expected it. He thought if anything he would be 9 lbs. An u/s that late is just an estimate & the dr's can only estimate also. My second weighed 7.8 & the doctor was on target with her weight. My last was 8.10 & a little more than two weeks early. She would have been real close to 10 had we gone to my due date. I've had cections with all of mine & I've recovered extremely well. Good luck to you!
I didn't have GD with my son, but he was 10 lbs. 3 oz. AND 22 1/4 inches when he was born.  They never caught his size till he was born.  I did okay, but it is better if you are able to be induced early, I had a long recovery.  I was induced because I went overdue, I did fine, it can be long though.  I was actaully in labor when I got there, but they figured my body kept stalling because of the size of the baby, it knew he was too big.  I did not need a c-section, it just depends on how your body reacts to the induction.  I'm sure you'll be fine, at least you won't have to go overdue, that's good!  Congrats!
i had gd with my last preg.  i had a csection at 39wks with him d/t the estimated size of 9lbs.  well, he was 7lb 13oz.  so i'm glad we waited to have the csection at 39wks instead of inducing at 38wks.  i agree with whoisthis.  the larger the baby is, the more inaccurate the u/s because they have a harder time getting the measurements they need in one good picture.
my csection went very well, tahnks to an absolutely wonderful dr., and my ds is perfect.  
i am preg. with baby #3 and have already opted to have another csection d/t the short distance between the 2 preg.  today i go to see my neonatologist for the first time and they will be tracking the gd for me as i have it again with this preg.
good luck to you and your little one.
im 33 weeks pregnant now and my blood that comes out to my vagina make me worried.....beacuse..we already consult a ob but still its ok he said but after that day..my spotting still not stop until now at 3 days.....ait worse now..waht is this