lochia how long should it last???
i gave birth almost 5 weeks ago, and i'm still experiencing bleeding,somedays its light, and dark in colour then the next it increases in amount (never heavy tho) and turnsback to being very red, almost like a period is this normal???
and,

how long should it last?

when should i get checked out by my g.p and if this isn't normal what could b the problem??

any idea what the doc does to treat this??

thanks
With my first, I experienced bleeding after birth for about 6 weeks, the last week was fairly light and brownish in color. I think I still was bleeding lightly at my 6 week PP Gyno. visit. I think it is normal. With my second, I recovered more quickly and bled for only about 4 weeks. I assumed that was normal and was told by my gyno that it was. Perhaps you should bring this up at your pp 6 week check up. I am sure your Gyno will know what to do  if it is at all abnormal, which I don't think it is. Good luck.
I was the same as lovethebops. 6wks or a little longer this is normal