Maternal & Child Community
loss mucous plug???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

loss mucous plug???

okay so i am 33 weeks and i think i might have lost my mucous plug. My bf and I had sex and of course after I went pee and all was good.. i went back again and this big gloop about the size of a twoonie came out..thick and yellow/white in colour. Now I know that in all the times I have been sexually active, and have had semen inside of me, it has NEVER been that clumped up or thick so what exactly was it if it wasnt the mucous plug?
likely was your mucous plug.  I lost mine at 32-33 weeks too. Looked like what u are describing.  Don't worry you can still go clear to your due date according to my docs and all the experienced mommies I asked :)