Maternal & Child Community
loss of amniotic fluid at 18 weeks

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

loss of amniotic fluid at 18 weeks

my water broke at 18 weeks, 2 days later i started bleeding . i have had several ultrasounds the first showed less than 2oz. of fluid. the second, done the following day, showed a slight increase in fluid levels, both showed a strong heartbeat. i am on antibiotics and complete bed rest, the bleeding is very light compared to what it was, and nothing new has happened in 7 days. is it possible for the fluid to increase enough so the baby and lungs will develop properly or am i setting myself up for heartbreak? am i just waiting for my body to miscarrie, or for infection to set in, or does the baby have a chance?
I believe that the fluid constantly replinishes itself, but they also say that if your water breaks that the baby has to be delivered to prevent infection.  Maybe because you are only 18 weeks, the doctor putting you on bedrest might help the situation.  The only way to know is to outright ask the doctor what is going on.  Good luck.  I hope everything turns out ok because I'm sure this worring must be terrible for you.
I just heard the other day...don't know if it was on a web site or on TV (birth day) or what but someones fluid was leaking at an early stage of pregnancy ...I believe it was 24 weeks and she made it to 34 weeks.  As long as your fluid replenishes itself and you are under strict care I think the outcome can be positive.  But you are under great risk for infection.  If I were you and it did not interfere with bedrest, I would research it on the net.  Good luck!

gina
This is a much feared complication of pregnancy.  It is commonly known as "PPROM"-or preterm prolonged rupture of membranes.

Sometimes (uncommonly) if you are kept at complete bedrest the bag of water may "seal over" and the fluid may reaccumulate and the pregnancy progress.  I've seen this happen a couple of times.

Unfortunately, the more common scenario is either infection sets in (as evidenced by increased temp, abd tenderness, foul discharge, or changes in your white count), preterm labor ensues, or the pregnancy continues, with you continuing to leak all the while.
The problem with leaking amniotic fluid constantly, is that without normal levels of fluid accumulating, the fetal lungs are at risk for not developing.  Sometimes the baby's limbs get into abnormal positions and develop abnormally.

There is no way to tell what may happen with you.  Sounds like you are being treated exactly appropriately.  Complete bed rest and antibiotics.  NOTHING should go in your vagina.  Keep your perineal area clean.  Change pads frequently if you are using them.  

Good luck to you!  I remember years and years ago, we had a gal whose water broke at around 19 weeks.  She elected to terminate.  After 2 days of trying to induce labor (she was checked internally often, bled, every medical intervention you can think of), but she just wouldn't go into labor.  She decided this was a sign, and stopped everything and went home against medical advice.  She "sealed over" as I mentioned above, and delivered at 34 weeks.

So you never know.  I will be thinking and praying for you.
My water broke at 24 3/7 days.  I was rushed to a hospital in Jax, FL.  They kept me there hooked to every machine imaginable, and started IV antibotics, and steroid shots (to mature DS lungs).  I was very much in labor (contractions every 1-2 minutes).  I was able to "stay pregnant" for 4 days.  The 4th day, my stomach began to ache, and I felt if it was going to explode.  They rushed me down to the OR for an emergency C-Section.  My DS son was born at 25 weeks, spent a gruling roller coaster ride in the NICU for 89 days, and is now home.  He is 15 months old.  The infection that I got (from PROM) was horrible .  It has caused me a lot of problems since the birth of my DS.  However, when all else fails, keep the faith.  They (Doctors) told me that my DS was going to die, and that I needed to make arrangements....But I kept the faith, and now look....I have a beatiful son.
I have also heard that your water can break and then seal over and everything will continue just fine.  In fact, that is what I was told at the hospital a week ago.  Are you still leaking?  If not, then chances are that you sealed over and the fluid will replenish.
Also, a friend of a friend had dangerously low levels of fluid throughout her pregnancy.  It didn't leak, it just never built up.  They watched her closely and told her to prepare to miscarry because it wasn't enough fluid to support the development of the baby.  She carried almost to term and gave birth to a healthy baby...no medical problems so far.
So don't give up!  Take each day as it comes and follow your doctor's orders.  Good luck!
I suffered from this same thing, but I was 33 weeks along.  I was put to strict bedrest in the hospital, and had to constantly drink fluids.  The fluids replenish themselves every few hours is what the hospital told me.  I was put on antibiotics immediately, and had very frequent ultrasounds.  I was given steroid shots to help his lungs mature.  I delivered early, and aside from being small, he was perfectly fine.  When I was in the delivery room my midwife had to break my water again because it had sealed itself.  They said that it is rare that it happens, but it does.
Hi, I was wondering what happened with your situation. I am 17 weeks with twins and started leaking amniotic fluid. The fluid is low for the babies and we were told we don't they have much of a  chance.
I'm 19 weeks with twins and my water broke twice last week and sealed over has anyone done this and made it to 30 weeks
My water broke at 15 weeks.  I had a ruptured membrane :(.  The baby is still alive.  I went to a perintologist and he told me that the pregancy needed to be terminated due to the high risk of infection.  I am 17 weeks right now..and scared!  The perintologist said the baby won't survive no matter what.  That it may make it to full term but won't live outside the womb.  I am curious what happened with your pregancy and if anyone has any comments or advice to help me.
my water broke at 18 weeks and the doctor told me that i had no other choice then to induce labor and it was the worst thing i ever had to do because a week later my body still didnt want to deliver and my baby was still alive but he told me that this is what i had to do and i regret it.finally it happened after ridiculous amounts of medicine and it was in the toilet basically my baby passed away and it was my first child and im reading all these stories of survival and it hurts i wish i would have known that there was a chance i would have left the hospital in a heartbeat and hopefully still would have had my baby boy. i didnt know it was a common thing
my water broke at 18 weeks and the doctor told me that i had no other choice then to induce labor and it was the worst thing i ever had to do because a week later my body still didnt want to deliver and my baby was still alive but he told me that this is what i had to do and i regret it.finally it happened after ridiculous amounts of medicine and it was in the toilet basically my baby passed away and it was my first child and im reading all these stories of survival and it hurts i wish i would have known that there was a chance i would have left the hospital in a heartbeat and hopefully still would have had my baby boy.
my water broke at 18 weeks and the doctor told me that i had no other choice then to induce labor and it was the worst thing i ever had to do because a week later my body still didnt want to deliver and my baby was still alive but he told me that this is what i had to do and i regret it.finally it happened after ridiculous amounts of medicine and it was in the toilet basically my baby passed away and it was my first child im reading all these stories of survival and i wish i wouldve known that there was a chance i would have left the hospital in a heartbeat and hopefully still have had my baby boy.
my water broke at 18 weeks the doctor told me that i had no other choice but to induce laborit was the worst thing i ever had to do,a week later my body still didnt want to deliver and my baby was still alive.he told me that this is what i had to do and i regret it.finally it happened after ridiculous amounts of medicine and it was in the toilet basically my baby passed away and it was my first child im reading all these stories of survival and i wish i wouldve known that there was a chance i would have left the hospital in a heartbeat and hopefully still have had my baby boy.
What happen to your baby?  Did you have it or did you have a miscarriage?  I am only asking because I am going through the same thing and they want me to make a decision if to abord or try to have the babie.  The doctors tell me more likely the baby will have some complication.
tacha
Hi tacha, my wife's waters broke last week (10 days ago). There is no fluid remaining but the baby continues to grow and have a strong heartbeat. She was 20 weeks + 1 day when it happened. The doctors have told us to expect the worst (miscarriage/early labor). We are trying to decide what to do (terminate or continue) but the hardest part is not having any definite answersto what may happen (the health implications to our baby).
That post was 3 years ago.  
My water broke at 21 weeks and I dialted 4-5 cm.  I stayed in the hospital for 7 days before my baby passed away.  We were trying to get to at least 24 weeks (I was told she would be viable after 24 weeks), I was on complete bed rest, iv fluids and antibiotics.  Her heart beat was very strong everyday all week but my fluids would not build back up.  One night I before going to sleep they checked her heart beat and it was strong as usual but the next morning, she had no heart beat.  My heart was and still is broken.  I had to be induced to deliver and her limbs were distorted from not having any fluid.  This was my first baby and they have no idea why any of this happened.  Although I was doing well all week, after I delivered they told me she would not have made it even if I went to term.  The damage that was done from her not having fluids, even though the antibiotics were supoosed to prevent me from getting an infection, I don't think they were helping her to stay healthy.  

I don't want to scare anyone who may be in this predicament but I want you to be aware of what can happen.  However, it doesn't necessarily have to go this way.  I pray for the best for everyone because it is a extemely difficult thing to deal with.  I don't want to offend anyone in this post but I think what happens with our babies and how well they do is up to a power much greater than the doctors.
My sister in laws water broke and she is 16 weeks.  She is today in a hospital in florida.  The baby is still alive and she is on antibiotics.  A midwife told her that there is a hospital in Tampa and experimental hospital that takes her cases.  They inject fluid in the sack.  We are at a point where we just sit and wait.  I hope everything goes well for her.
I loss my fluid at 16weeks and im now 22weeks my baby is still alive with a strong heartbeat but i will never induce my labor i pray every night for my baby to make it and i want to let everyone know that God is a wonderful God and hears all of our crys and he will help us. and I also take folic acid pill to help development
I am now 19 weeks' gestation (3rd pregnancy -2 went perfect) and nowmy water broke and blood coming out too, as I had hemotoma all around the placenta in the 1st semester. Somehow got rid of hemotoma thru bleeding for nealy 2 months and now that I AM nearly 5 months pregnant my water breaks! Just one thing after another. I HAVE been told by doctor that is 50-50 since I WAS 8 WEEKS PREGNANT. NOW I am really scared cos this time with the water breaking, on antibiotics to prevent infection, and the baby not sure how she'll survive with not very much fluid at all really really worries me sick! IS anyone there that experienced same or similar? I REALLY don;tknow what to do...as docs say be prepared to be induced, or labour beginning itself..
What hospital in Florida does the treatment you suggested?  Is there a name for the treatment?
My friend also had her water break at 18 weeks.  I found an article from Karger medical journal vol.22, No.1, 2007 under the Fetal Diagnosis and Therapy section called Premature Rupture of Membranes at 20 weeks.  They then outlined the use of Fibrin Glue to seal up the ruptured area.  I asked my friend and she isn't sure there is anything they can do because that is what her doctor says, but I think he hasn't read this article.

Anyone here ever hear about this?  Good luck to all of you in a similar circumstance.
I was 18 weeks and 3 days when I had my last ultrasound. It showed that out of the little ammniotic fluid I had from the last ultrasound which was about a week before, was totally gone. I had no amniotic fluid. Of course this devastated me bc I knew what had to happen. I had been in the hospital for about 3 weeks, on total bedrest with a complete previa, and I had been bleeding very heavily, I had to have 2 blood transfusions done, because of the amount of blood I lost and everytime I would get blood, I would just bleed it out bc my hemoglobin was so low, 7.1.  The doctors say that they assume my water broke when I was bleeding so heavily, they just couldn't tell there was fluid in the blood, and, I know this is nasty but I was passing huge clots, the size of oranges. When I had the last ultrasound, they found that my baby got sick, because, he had lost weight, he went from 9 ounces to 6.9 ounces, so there was no other choice.Even though he had a strong heartbeat everyday, even the day I had my surgery, doctors said there was no way he would survive. The lungs weren't developed and they couldn't develop without amniotic fluid, and his limbs would be formed abnormally.  I chose to have a C-section and be put to sleep rather than deliver the baby and be awake. Its devastating watching ultrasounds and getting pictures, and then finding out if its a boy or girl, and knowing theres a huge chance that he/she might not even survive, even though you did all you could. I just pray for anyone else who is in this kind of situation, with your babys life at risk, its horrible to go through and i wish you the best.
im 22 weeks pregnant and my water broke last monday. i was scheduled for induction yesterday, but i feel that the baby is again moving and i think thats theres more amniotic fluid. i really dont want this to be happening.  limb abnormalities and lungs not developing properly. im 26 and im really stressed. i have 7 month old twins and a 4 year old. i too passed huge clots at about 2 1/2 months. doctor thinks that some placenta was left in me . because i was bleeding up until 2 weeks ago. i got pregnant 2 months after i delivered my twin girls. i wish i could talk to someone whos been through this and had a healthy baby. anyone with advice please share it. thank you
ps. im not on any antibiotics. what would happen if i were to get an infection? how severe and what measures would be taken?
My cousins water broke at 18 weeks and hers did replinsh and her baby is doing really well now and she is 25 weeks along.  They did put her on bedrest but she barley followed their orders because she too has a baby and an 8 year old.  This is scary for me to read.  I am 19w5d and I am terrified.  I do not think that my cousin passed any blood at all though... it was just fluids.  
This was from 2004
Yep and there are still people posting on it... it was from the archives.
Hi - this has been a long thread!  But thought I should add my story as it's a positive one.  I'm in Australia in a city of 200,000 people.  I had PPROM at 19 weeks 2.5 years ago. No amniotic fluid left to speak of (only 1cm pockets), but bubs was kept lubricated by constant production of fluid and so able to wriggle a bit. I was given all sorts of information - much of it extremely negative and included being told by one obstetrician that there was basically no chance of having a good outcome - and assumed it was all over (& at various stages I wished it actually was).  Without doubt the worst time of my life.  I was put on various antibiotics and a drug to relax the uterus (and try and prevent labour) and put on strict bed/chair rest (only up for toilet and shower). Blood tests every few days and constant monitoring of temp to check for infection.  I got to 26 weeks +3 days before going into labour.  Had a lovely but tiny 1lb 15oz daughter.  We spent 16 long weeks in hospital with numerous ups and downs, and her extra tiny lungs from the PPROM meant that if she'd been born a few years earlier she probably wouldn't have made it (not in our hospital anyway).  One arm and leg with positional issues from being cramped up but these resolved with a bit of physiotherapy from me over a few weeks.  But she has come through this fantastically, with no obvious issues (that we can tell anyway), and is a bright happy child who is the light of our life.  This despite much of the research indicating typically a dismal outcome for babies born after PPROM.  One of the neonatal doctors in the hospital i was in says that alot of the research is old or uses data sets that are quite old, and so is possibly forecasting more negative outcomes than is actually the case these days. The advances in neonatal care over the last 10 years is enormous and they can do alot to help these babies.  Saying this there are still no guarantees for a good outcome - we saw babies die while we were in the NICU and know of others that have long term issues, but things are improving all the time and our experience of the doctors was that they wanted babies to survive with good quality of life.  Being able to trust your doctor(s) is so important.  Anyway there is a very hard road to travel whatever happens but there are definitely good reasons to be hopeful.  Hey threesweetgirls from my experience and reading 2 years ago antibiotics are important if you want to keep going, as the risk of infection is a major issue for yourself and also your baby, but your doc may have good reasons for not giving them (there are pros and cons for just about every decision you'll make from here on in).  The very best of luck to anyone who's facing this issue.
PS Sorry threesweetgirls I didn't really answer your question.  In my case (and ditto for other cases i know of) I was told that if infection set in bubs would be delivered immediately regardless of gestation. Infection is life threatening to the mother and quite difficult to treat so I don't think there's many options.  An infection isn't good for baby either.  After this point things will depend on what the hospitals policy and the law is regarding viable gestation and of course the health of your baby at birth.  You should discuss all of this with your doc(s).  See if you can speak to a neonatologist.  I really feel for you - this is an incredibly hard time not knowing what will happen and how your decisions will turn out, and no-one can really give you any absolute answers as there are so many variables.....I really hope whatever decisions you make that things go well for you.
There are always those miracles to rejoice over, but the unfortunate truth is that PPROM early in pregnancy has a terribly bad outcome in the vast, vast majority of cases.

Its up to the person involved, after careful discussion of the risks and benefits of continuing the pregnancy, to decide what the best plan of care might be.

just letting everyone know what happened to me. i started feeling contractions on thursday yesterday at around 4pm they got closer together,then all of a sudden i was in constant pain. i was feeling alot of pressure below. i was going to hospital then i started really bleeding, and in ALOT of pain. had to call an ambulance and when they got there my sweet baby boy Austin was born at home. so sad...went to hospital held him hes so sweet. weighing 15.8ounces. he didnt make it. i was22 weeks and a couple days. well thats my sooo sad story and i miss my baby.
Oh my goodness, I am soo soo soo sorry sweetie.  

I will keep you and your family in my heart and prayers.  
I went through some of the same things with my pregnancy.  My water broke at 19 weeks and was in the hospital for almost a month off and on.  At my 23rd week was addmitted again and was told that this time they were just going to let me have my baby.  After being told that at 23 weeks babys are bone and never breath and never cry was devastating.  I had my son and he did the exact opposite to that.  After about 18 hours though his little body at 1lb 4.24ounces couldn't fight his heart defect and passed away.  No one can tell me why my water broke except that it was an infection and I can't find any information about infections while you are pregnant.  I am now trying for my second pregnancy and hope it will be better this time but I don't know if it is too soon even though the doctor said it was ok to start trying again after 3 months.  I am really sorry for you loss and wish no one had to go through this because it is the hardest thing I have ever had to endure and still am questioning why did this happen.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
I truly feel for anyone who is affected by this.  I too have experienced the same situation.  My water broke at 17 weeks which was 12/23.  I was out of town so waited until Christmas Eve morning to go to emergency room.  My OB came to the hospital and took a smear to see if the fluid was amniotic or not.  She performed an ultrasound and found that there was no fluid left in the sac.  We were told that the baby would not make it and if we waited that the risk of me developing a full system infection was too great.  We had to make the decision to induce because we have to young children at home who need their mother.  It has been the most excruciating decision I have ever made.  I delivered my son on Christmas day.  He had passed before I delivered so I never will know what it is like to hear him cry.  I struggle with guilt and anger.  I will never understand why something like this can happen. I just pray that our family can move on from here.  My thoughts and prayers are with others experiencing this type of pain.
I am sorry to read of your loss.  How devastating.  All these unknowns and unanswered reasons things like this happen.  

You have one sweet little angel to watch over you.  Lots of huggs for you.
Last June 2007 my water broke at 18 weeks and i was advised by the doctors that I should make the decision to abort my pregnancy. Otherwise I would get a really bad infection.
So I did and went ahead and had the induced injection and gave birth to a boy. it was the worst experience ever.
Now March 2008 I am pregnant again and 18 weeks again and I just had my appointment with my midwife who looked up my cervixs and advised me that my water is low than a normal and I should consider having stiches up there to help support the water and Feotus. I will need to be in complete bed rest if i decide to go ahead with this...

Please is any one able to explain this procedure to me and if they went throught it and if it worked.

Thank You
Kaye
Kaye...what I think you are talking about is a cerclage where they stitch the cervix to help prevent it dialating prematurely and help the pregnancy progress.  I have never had one, but have a friend who did years and years ago with a very positive outcome (carried twins to near term).

There will be several women on here who will be able to give you personal experiences on this...I would post a NEW post since this is old and may go overlooked.  If you need help doing this, post back here and I can walk you through it.

Good luck!
Thank You Very Much For That.....

It really helped, I have been reading up on it and yes I would be intrested in anyone that has gone through this Stage in there pregnancy CERCLAGE.

I feel better knowing that your friend made it to the last stages of her prenancy with the stitches.

Thank You

Kaye
xxx
Hi, just wanted to share my story of hope because I know how hopeless anyone can feel at a time like this.  I lost almost all of my amniotic fluid at 18 weeks after having an amniocentesis.  I received IV antibiotics in the hospital and was instructed to go home on bed rest for the next 12 weeks.  I was seen by about 6 ob-gyn's, all giving a different scenario of what could happen from "you should consider terminating the pregnancy" to your baby may have limb deformities, lung problems, etc.  The great news is that my leak sealed up, my fluid came back within about a month and I carried to term.  After a harrowing delivery in which my baby's heart rate dropped (the cord was caught between his head and my cervix), he was born by c-section.  A healthy baby boy, a miracle.  good luck, my heart goes out to all of you.
-Karen
MY WATER BROKE AT 19 WEEKS. THE WORST FEELING EVER IS WHEN THE DR. TELLS YOU THAT A DCISION HAS TO BE MADE TO TERMINATE THE PREGNANCY IN ORDER FOR ME TO NOT GET  AN INFECTION. FOR MY HUSBAND AND I WAS THE HARDEST THING TO EVER HAVE TO GO THROUGH. MAKING THAT DECISION WAS DEVASTATING. 15 MINUTES AFTER TELLING THE DOCTOR WE HAD DECIDED TO TERMINATE THE PREGNANCY I STARTED CRAMPING REALY BAD AND WENT INTO LABOR. I GUESS FOR A MOMENT WE FELT A LITTLE RELIEF THAT THE MISCARRIAGE WAS HAPPENING ON ITS OWN BEFORE ANYTHING WAS GIVEN TO ME TO TERMINATED. MY BABY HAD ALREADY PASSED BEFORE DELIVERY. I GOT TO HOLD HIM AND I CRIED WITH MIXED EMOTIONS NOT KNOWING IF THERE EVER WAS A POSSIBILITY OF SAVING OUR BABY. ITS BEEN A WEEK, AND TILL THIS DAY IM DEPRESSED, CONFUSED AND VERY ANGRY. I HAVE A 16 MONTH OLD SON THAT MAKES ME STRONG AND DOESNT LET ME FALL INTO DEPRESSION. I FEEL FOR ANYONE THAT EVER HAS TO GO THROUGH LOSING A CHILD. ITS THE WORST PAIN EVER. NO ONE WILL EVER UNDERSTAND UNLESS YOU GO THROUGH SOMETHING LIKE THIS.
i am 20weeks+3 and the doctors think my water may have gone. thery gave told us to have an induction but we said we want to carry on.they said wait a week and we will take it from there.has anyone been through this what should i do any suggestion.
just came home from hosp last nite. I am 18 weeks pregnat.Lost nearly all fluid the day before. The baby was checked numerous times in the hosp and the heartbeat was strong. My fiance and I r given these options: terminate now before infection sets in or be sent to a specialist in a week and have another sonogram done and see what that outcome is and then decide to terminate or not. I'm torn because of the heartbeat and wanting the baby to have a healthy life.
I was at home on June 24th and my water broke. I had some bleeding earlier that day and was told that was normal and all the normal causes it could have been...
When it happened, my water breaking, I picked up the phone and could not even remember my husbands cell phone #, I was just shaking so badly. When I finally got it together for a second I called my husband 10 times, no service where he was working. I called my doctor's office, of course they told me to come right in. No car! I called my mother in law at her baked goods store that she owns. I told her I had to get to the hospital, and could not get a hold of my husband....  that I believed I was going to miscarry. She told me to go ahead and drop my 15 month old son off with her(down the street at the store) and take their truck. (my father in law works with my husband and leaves their truck at my home)  
I was silent for a moment... I couldn't believe I was miscarrying and she wanted me to drive myself? I said forget it, he should be home in 20 min or a 1/2 hour, she said "oh, you don't want to go alone? Well, okay,  lets wait the 1/2 hour and if he's not home I will close the store and take you." I think in that moment I felt hate, how could anyone be so selfish. I finally got a hold of my husband, he was home in 15, and we rushed to the hospital. They examined me, my membrane had ruptured and I was in labor with contractions. I was admitted and after resting for a few hours my contractions stopped. On the next day, the 25th, they had my husband drive me to a hospital that specializes in neonatal. They told me my options and what I could face.
The doctor said the chance of my membrane sealing was 10%, the chance of me going into labor or my baby passing before a viable age was 85%. If we made it to the viable age and my fluid only kept leaking at it tried to replenish, the lungs would never develop correctly and even at full term the baby would die at birth when it no longer had the oxygen from my cord. If I tried to wait to get to the viable age and the baby passed, I believed the further along I was the worse it would be. Every day their little brains develop more and more. Other issues if we tried to carry on, was deformities. You have amniotic strings, and with out fluid they easily get raped around the legs, arms, fingers...so on..  Without fluid, the baby could also restrain it's umbilical cord and cause organ or brain damage. Never mind all of the premature major problems and issues we would also face, they said I would never go full term. The %'s if I could even get to the viable age, 10% go on to have a healthy child with no problems if they can get past early pre maturity. 90% will have babies with a few or many major problems.
So terrified, I chose to induce between 19 and 20 weeks along on June 26th. I went hysterical when the moment came. She had passed during labor. She was stillborn.  I looked at her for only a moment. We christened her that night and named her Angel.
My husband said that when we have another child, someday we will turn to that child as a young adult, and say,"She left, because she knew you were coming."
My heart is in my throat every moment. My child is dead, and I made the choice that sent her to heaven. I will live with that every day of my life. My daughter is coming home for the 1st time tomorrow in an urn, an urn with a little angels arms wrapping round it.  All I have is this tiny tiny little knit cap. I can only imagine what she would have looked like on her actual due date, at age 1, at 3 , her 1st day of school, long dark wavy hair that curls at the ends, full lips like her daddy and big brother, the longest dark eye lashes you have ever seen, on those sparkling greens eyes she got from her mother...
I have never felt agony... I don't know about tomorrow or the next day, days just seen to pass without me even being in them. Some family is here, I smile when they speak, and I won't cry in front of them. I'm not sure why, I just don't believe they could possibly understand, so I don't want any one of them consoling me. I feel guilt beyond guilt. I will forever.
I get twinges in my stomach, for a sheer moment I believe its her tiny kick...I miss her, I love her. I just want my baby girl, my Angel.
I'm so glad to know that i am not alone. Thank you for all of your stories.
This past Friday, my water broke. I was only 17 weeks pregnant. Becuase it was my first pregnancy, i really didn't think much of it. Still i went to see my doctor. The doctor told me that i lost all of my amniotic fluid and that by terminating the baby will lower my risk of an infection. My first words were 'WOW! didn't expect that".
    After giving me all of the facts, later that evening i had an induced labour and delieved my 4 month baby. I only saw his/her little hand before the doctors took her/him away.
The next morning i woke up and began to cry. MY emotions were overwhelming. It hit hard. I LOST MY BABY! I couldn't eat for about 4 days and i was angry at my self for not being as 'lucky' as other mothers who carried their babies full term. THe pain i felt was so incredible that i went into total depression. I wanted my baby back. I kept thinking, what could i have done different, what caused this to happen to me and why are other people who are so much more carelfess and frivalous having healthy babies.
   My doctor and family reassurred me that there was nothing i could do. Still, My fist baby was dead. I felt guilty complaing of the initial sickness, and the baby weight i was putting on. It all felt foolish now.

I would cry for hours and just day dream of  the baby that i would never meet. I thank GOd for my mother and sisters who never let me feel alone or crazy.

Now, mabey its just me, but, do men grieve over situations like this. My boyfriend at first looked sad and angry, but now i feel that its only me that still mourning. When ever i see him, his best advise it to pray about it. I do beleive in prayer, but i think thats way impersonal and insensitive. I don't know whats going on in his head...... but i do know that losing a baby, no matter who long or old he/she is..... i simply horrible.

Being young (24), as i am commonly reminded, still will never erase the memory and hurt of my first baby that i will never meet.
My membrane broke 8 weeks ago and we're still going! At 17 1/2 weeks my membrane broke & the Drs expected me to deliver shortly thereafter since thats the norm. At that point we were told there was no chance for survival or hope really.  However after a week in the hospital I did not go into labor and was able to go home since there was nothing they could do.  They wont terminate pregnancies at the hospital I was in unless there is an immediate danger to the mother (infection), I showed no signs of infection so eventually went home where I continued to see my Drs every week.  Every week the Dr was surprised to see that I've made it another week and showed no sign of infection, which was great.  I put myself on semi-bedrest at home and then at 24 weeks was admitted to the hospital for bedrest, antiobiotics,& steroid shots.    I am now 25 weeks and still going strong, no infection, no signs of labor, and my baby girls basic development is well.  The big problem is lack of amniotic fluid and regardless of how far along I make it her lungs may still not develop.  I have had anywhere from 0-4 cms of fluid (0cm being the most recent) which is not good but we still hope and pray for a miracle.  We have already beaten great odds by making it this far and I'm glad my hospital did not induce.  Wait until you show signs of infection before making that decision.
Advise like that is not really the best, to wait until you show signs of infection...  My last post explains a lot that can happen without any infection at all. A person needs to decide if they can handle a child that may wind up having severe problems throughout their lives that you would not even want to live with if that child does make it. Or you need to think can you handle all the loss hope and heartbreak if you carry to a viable age and your babies lungs do not develop and that child dies at birth? Though yes, their is that 10% for a healthy child.. you need to decide and understand most of us are not that 10% and if the child did live, would that be the life you would want for your baby, possible ceribral palsey from most likely being very preterm, organ or brain damage, any kind of severe deformities, lung malformations? I die inside every day, without my daughter, but I would not have wanted her to struggle with a life I would not have wanted to live. I made my decision not to soon, but because I could not bare the thought of watching my child suffer. So instead, I suffer to be without her. There are just many thing to consider and infection is only one of very many.
My thoughts are with you and I hope you are that rare percentage and have a healthy beautiful baby.
I am a 30 year old married woman. My husband and I tried for 2 years to conceive. I found out that I was pregnant with twins in April. I was soooo excited. I have been to at least 12 doctors appointments and everything was going smooth. I got a call from the nurse informing me that the results of my spinal bifida test looked high so I needed to come in immediately for an ultrasound. My babies looked great(it was two girls) and their spines were fine. My ultrasound was on Monday by Tuesday night before midnight my water broke and so did my heart. I was only 17 weeks 2days. My labor was induce and I gave birth to two little precious angels. It has been exactly one week since I lost my girls and my soul and spirit still hurt. People keep telling me that I can try again but it took 2 years to get pregnant at first.
hiya
Im 20 years old and 19 4/7 weeks and for the last week i have had a loss of fluid and lower abdomin (abdomen) and back pains, I was admitted to hospital just over a week ago and they did a scan and put me on antibiotics.  The scan showed the right amount of fluid around the baby and the antibiotics just made me ill, so they let me go. I havent got any infections coz they did all the tests they could and they all came back clear. I have been back to the hospital since for the same problem and they have no idea what it can be, im a mystery as they said.
This is my second pregnancy and i didnt have any problems in my first he was born 5 days late weighing a healthy 8lb 10oz.  Im very concerned as i have the mothers instinct that something isnt right, in fact im sure there isnt but no one can tell me what it is.
Is there anyone out there that might be able to shed a little light as i dont think the doctors have a clue, and i really dont want to loose my baby.
To My Sister Heather
I am writing this to let you know how proud I am of you. Around 5 months ago you found out that you were going to be a mother, You were so excited even though everyone around you had worry and doubts. You grew up and matured a lot sooner than to be expected. It was as if you changed almost immediately. I am so proud of you for that.
I will never forget the few days before the incident. We spent the day together, thought of names, and bought maternity clothes.  You were so happy to look pregnant and show off your belly.
I was so scared when I found out you were at the hospital but you were so brave.  All I could think about was touching your belly. I wanted to feel the baby move.
The baby did move and that was wonderful, but that obviously did not mean everything was ok.  
After 23 hours of shock and disbelief along with 10 hours of labor you delivered a beautiful baby boy weighing 6.85 ounces and 8-inches long.  
Although the baby was pre-mature your love was not. Even though the baby had to pass away our love for it never will.    I want to congratulate you on mothering a beautiful baby. I hope you realized that you helped God create a miracle and you  assisted him in creating one of his next little angels.  I love you so much and I am so proud of you.

Love Always, Amber

This is a letter I wrote her today and I will publish it in our local newspaper. She was 18 ½ weeks and her water broke. She had to make a pain full decision to induce labor on 9/6/2008 @5:21pm. She screamed and cried the whole time she had the medicine in her mouth. We were told that there was no hope for the baby but if Heather did not induce her labor she would get sick, have no more babies, and could die. I can still hear her screaming she would rather die than kill her baby. I had to hold her while she cried and held her breath.  After reading these stories I do not know if I done the right thing by encouraging her to induce labor.  We were shipped from hospital to hospital.  3 dif ones told us that there was no hope she lost all fluid and the baby would survive until she had it but it would never develop and she would probable get real sick. The baby moved until it was born. After taking the medication she could still feel it move. She just screamed and cried. We were so scared that the baby would be born alive and she would have to watch it die. With the spinal block, Valium, phenogran, and morphine she finally fell asleep around 3am. Before she fell asleep she was pretty drunk but she could still feel her baby move. She put my hand on her belly and I felt it. I then lied to her and told her and told her that her baby might have passed away and that could be the placenta. She is only nineteen and today she does not remember this and she does not remember it moving before she gave birth to it.  I could not tell her it could have been alive. It kills me to know I lied to her and I don’t know if it was the right thing to do.  At 3:45 am they check her to see what she had dilated to and it was 6-cm. se was asleep when they checked her. At 4:15 when they checked her and pulled back the covers the baby and the placenta were between her legs. She gave birth in her sleep. They then cleaned the baby up and then brought the baby and woke Heather up. She held her baby. She took its clothes off and laid it on her chest. All she kept saying is she would rather die with the baby inside of her and she should have never took the medicine. She said she just wanted to feel it move inside her a few more times. She thinks she killed her baby. Can someone give me some advice please….
My wife found that she was leaking fluid in the middle of her 15th week.  The doctor was not at all reassuring,  telling us that she would probably miscarry.  We began to pray and believe that this child was our promise from God.

My wife made it to that crucial 24th week after being on bedrest at home.  My mother has taken care of our 4year old and 2year old while I work.  She has been a Godsend.  My wife was admitted to the hospital for the duration.  Her fluid was down to 1.68cm. at one point and up to 7 c.m. at another point.  

We just had a sonogram on friday,  and she is at 2.68 cm.  she leaks every few days.  The sonogram shows a perfectly healthy little girl with strong heart,  and her rib cage is not pressed in,  as is usually the case with most that have no fluid.  The only abnormality besides the low fluid is her femur measures at 22 weeks, although her high-risk o/b  says he can't get a really good measurement because of the level of fluid.  The baby has the practice breathing going on,  and good lung tissue development,  to the dismay of the doctors.

My wife's doctor came in the other day and said that the High risk doc had suggested taking the baby at 27 weeks  but she didn't think that we should,  since the baby is doing so well,  she wants to try to make it to 34 weeks.  We give all glory to God,  and want to encourage you all.  My wife will be 28 weeks next friday,  and we expect to go all the way,  and take our daughter home with us,  just like everyone else delivering!!
My water broke at 15 weeks.  The baby was alive at the Dr.   I was given the same decision to make, it was so difficult.   But, my body made the decision for me as I started cramping and passing blood clots within hours.  I was in labor for several hours before given any pitocin.  I had a baby boy, but he did not survive.  It was the worst thing that ever happened in my life.  Still very fresh.  The hardest thing to think about is the chance to have a healthy pregnancy after this.  I have one child with no complications, so was this just a fluke?  Could it happen again?  I don't think I could possibly do this ever again if I knew there was a chance I'd have to go through this twice.
My water broke at 21wks on a monday was sent home saying everything was fine i was back at the hospital on that thursday having contractions also i had dialated 1cm i was told there was nothing that could be given to me to stop my contractions and by reading all of these comments iv realized thats not true only if i would have known more about all of this maybe my son would have made it that was the hardest thing me and my husband will ever have to endure everything happened so fast i was in labor for about an hour it was the fact that i delivered him and couldnt take him home with me its been 2 wks now and i still feel like it happened yesterday i find myself touching my belly thinking he still there then reality sets in its so hard the only thing that keeps me going is my other son he's 12 i try to be strong for him cause i can tell it bothers him to this makes you nervous about trying again cause you dont want to ever want go through something like this again the only advice i can give to others is talk to god Dr's are helpful but they are not god good luck to everyone.
I'm 21 weeks pregnant with the first baby, went for a scan and then he told me i lost fluid, the doctor sent me home for bed rest for 3weeks with nothing but a "if you go into labour, come back up to the Hospital, but you will loss the baby". My cervix is still closed, they say thats a good thing. My baby has a strong heartbeat and all organs are in working order, its just the baby has not much fluid around it. I live in a remote country town. The Major Hospital told them i cant get admitted till i am 24weeks. Should i get a second opinion? Should i take antibiotics? I dont know what to do,

My water broke at 17 weeks and i lost most of the the water before i reached the hospital. My CRP and infections levels were little high and was induced to terminate my first pregnancy which i concieved after 2 yrs of hope. I was also a PCOS patient and was on metformin for almost 18 months. It has been very traumatic to lose my little baby even when the heart beat was very strong after 8 hrs of the water loss. Docs suggested that we had no other option but to terminate as the baby would not survive without the amniotic fluid. Docs also said that this was rare and unheard of. But, seeing so many people go thru the same traumatic experience on this link, can we arrive at a common cause of this?

I am desparate to know the reasons which causes this PPROM.
Is it linked to PCOS? I was on Met and Susten 200(progestrone) till 12 weeks of my pregnancy. I am 31 yrs old, 5 ft and was weighing 73 Kgs when concieved. The growth of the baby was absolutely normal as per NT scan. I was on bedrest till 12 week of my preg. But had rejoined office and working till the day my water broke. What can induce this otherwise normal preg. Can stress or food stuff cause this? I am worried as for my next preg.

If we could dedude the reasons for ealry pre term water breakage shared between us, we can help ourselves for the next preg as well as others.

I am 8 weeks pregnant and lost a baby in oct 10 i have been told there is low amnionic fluid this time but baby has very strong heartbeat i have been bleeding also for the last week, everybody seems so much further through their pregnancy, did anyone have low fluis at this stage ? midwifes have told me 50/50 chance but i feel i just need to know one way or the other, i am resting lots at the moment,well as much as possible with a five year old to look after !!! any advice anyone ........................ please
At 11 weeks I had an us and everything looked normal. Next they my water broke at 11 weeks. I went to the ER, the baby looked fine. Right after I started bleeding. Next day i went to my ob, the baby was still fine but she said i have a subchorionic hematoma. I bleed for about a week. Then spotted for 8 weeks. I had an us at 19 weeks and radiologist said i don' t have a subchorionic hematoma but placental abrubtion .Idon't know whatis going to happen . Right now i sm 20 weeks pregnant and in bed rest.
Hi all,
my water broke this moring and i am 14 & 5days.doctors gave me 72 hours.it took me 4 years to fall pregnant and whilst the doctors said i could not fall pregnant. i bled for a week when 10 weeks and my womb is full of fibromas which squoshes my baby
Did this happen to anyone??????????????? any answers
I am 23 wks & 1 day prgnt today.  My membranes ruptured at 17 wks, since then I have been on complete bed rest drinking plenty of fluids daily. I was admitted to hospital for 2 days and was then told to come home. Dr. said baby still had a strong heartbeat and was going to let me come home (on anitboitcs for 1 wk since she knew that we had been trying for 7 yrs, and had 2 miscarriages in 2009), she did mention terminating the pregnacy but my husband and I said no that we would leave it in God's hands.  Dr. monitoring me me 3 x's a week to take blood count and sonos.  Dr was surprised that my white blood count was coming back clear (no infection with no antibiotics) and that my baby still had a strong heart beat and baby was gaining weight even though there is no fluid, I continue to leak daily since my rupture has not sealed.  At 21 wks my dr. decided that I had to see a high risk pregnancy dr and sent me to a dr  4 hours away from home.  There the dr told me that baby still has a strong heart beat but since there has been no water at early stage my baby's lungs don't look like they are maturing but we would not know actual damage until my baby was born. I was told to come home and return at my 24 wks to be admitted and start streriod shot (which dr said might not help since lungs might be damaged).  I keep my faith growing and have left it all in God's hands for he has a plan for us.  I would like to know if anyone here has gone thru any thing like this and what your outcome was.  .  
Hi, even though I have not experienced what you have gone through, I am so sorry to hear what you are going through.  In a completely different situation when I had my amnio done at something like week 18 they removed a lot of my fluid which replenished itself so what the other ladies have said is true.  Good luck with everything.  My thoughts and paryers are with you
Hey everyone I have been reading all of your stories and it just breaks my heart...I didnt realize how common this actually is I was pregnant with twin girls due September 11th, 2010 and just had them April 11th, 2010.  My water broke early sunday morning while I was sleeping...it is such a scary thought for your water to break that early I started to panic and ran to get my mom and she rushed me to the hospital and then I was sent by ambulance to another hospital.  The hospital I went too tried to wait it out and see if maybe my water would build back up much like what many of you said your doctors suggested.  But the mag they had me on to keep contractions from coming was constantly making me vommit and only causing contractions to come worse and then I began to bleed, and I was told that if the bleeding continued I would have to be induced due to the risk of infection.  I ended up having to be taken off the mag due to being sick and having heart problems while on it, which the mag wasnt helping anyways after being turned off of it I had already dilated to 4 while being on the mag, and no longer than 2 hours later I delivered my two little girls, neither one was born alive and it has been the worst feeling in the world to go from being so excited about having two healthy little babies to having them and coming home without them.  I hope everyone has good luck with their pregnancy and that no one will have to go through such things its the worst feeling in the world to know you cant save your baby.
hi everyone i am 21 weeks pregnant and my water broke about 5 days ago and i lost all my water and continue to loose fluid everyday...this is my second baby and it is very sad but i am going tommorow to get induced before i get an infection....but i want all of u ladies to know that this is and i think will be the hardest thing to ever go through....i hope you all the very best in life....
I had a cvs @ 12 weeks & lost most my fluids & was offered to terminate or let nature takes its course over the next 72 hours? I am now 17 week 3days with normal AFI.  I have weekly scans & things seem to be getting better & better, I have put myself on complete bedrest! drink water as much as poss,  rest on my left hand side that I have been told can help? Its really hard cus I read lots of stuff that worries me but I am just taking things one day @ a time & hopeing for the best :) good luck to anyone who experiences a prom & stay positive.
Hang in there! My water broke at 15 weeks and I was told that my son had a 10% chance of survival. My husband and I didn't want to end the pregnancy so my doctor said that as long as I took my temperature 3 times a day, and not let it get above 100 degrees, he would support me in my decision. I went on bedrest, drank plenty of fluids, and tried to eat healthy and extra protein. I never had any amniotic fluid around him for the next 11 weeks and I didn't get an infection. He was born at 26 weeks, stayed in the hospital for 4 months, and is now 6 years old and healthy and such a sweet little boy! Hope all goes well!
HI everyone. I lost a baby girl in March 09 at 22 weeks, started bleeding at 16 wks, was hopeful the whole way through until I started to pass massive clots and had to have 3 units of blood. I had 2 miscarriages after that very early on. And then in January I got pregnant again and was thrilled, until I reached 14 weeks to discover some blood. This settled for a week or so and I had my scans done and all was fine. Then at 16 weeks again the bleeding got worse, but I was assured all would be fine by my ob. And then one morning last week I woke to discover my waters had broken and when I went to the hospital all the fluid was gone from around the baby. I was put on antibiotics to ensure I didn't get an infection and then told I would have to wait to go into labour, which I did 5 days later. I just can't believe it has happened again and that there are no answers to why. I've had a load of blood tests done and should get results in a few weeks. I have a 4 year old boy and he keeps me going but I still long for the babies I have lost and just can't understand why I keep losing and especially having been through the worst part of the pregnancy with the morning or all day sickness. I wish everyone the best of luck as I would not wish this on anyone.
  My amniotic sac ruptured at 15 weeks. I went to the hospital and was told that there was no way that the baby would make it and that I was at high risk for infection.
  Because it was a catholic hospital, they refused to induce me while there was still a fetal hearbeat. I had to wait in misery for a week for either the baby to die or for me to get sick enough with infection for my life to be at risk. I would have done anything for my baby, but I was told that its chances were almost Zero and sitting around and waiting for the inevitable just killed me. I finally went into labor on my own after 7 days in the hospital and delivered a stillborn---the worst moment of my entire life.
I was informed that if I had gone to the local univeristy hospital, I could have made the choice to be induced or have surgery without the requirement of having a life-threatening infection first.
I don't want to scare anyone, but I do want to let anyone else in a similar situation know that they are not alone. ALSO, PLEASE ASK A LOT OF QUESTIONS BEFORE YOU GO TO A CATHOLIC HOSPITAL FOR A PREGNANCY COMPLICATION. They may eliminate your options and put your life at risk in the name of their religious beliefs.
.
hi i was 12 weeks pregnant with my first when i started bleeding, it was painless bleeding and i got rushed to AnE, i was kept in untill the next day where i had a scan and everything showed up was fine. they thought it was a failed twin or a hemorage but said that my baby was fine. so in and out of hospital for scans and plenty of rest the next 2 weeks i then started clotting i went back to the hospital where they said i had low fluid in my babys sac he had a good strong heartbeat tho. but said it looks like i will misscarry they waited another few days to see what happend then sent me for another scan my baby was still alive but all the fluid had gone completely, i had to make the discision of waiting natually to give birth or be induced, they adviced me to be induced because id been bleeding for over 3 weeks now and was really poorly, i could get an infection so i had to be induced, after 9 hours i gave birth to my lovely baby that i miss so much and feel so bad for, but it was best for me and my baby, i then had to go on and have a blood transfusion, so im so very sorry for all u mums out there in simila situation i wish doctors could help us more as its so heartbreaking... love goes out to you all.. and my precious precious lil baby xx
hello i posted my story back on April 7 2010, I was 24 weeks pregnant when i was finally admitted to a hospital in Ft. Worth, Tx.  I was admitted back on April 12, 2010 due to PROM.  Like I mentioned in my previous post I ruptured at 17 weeks and was given the option to termniate preg.  I am of the Catholic religion and decided that if it was God's will then I would miscarry on my own.  I was in the hospital for 1 month and 7 seven days when I started to feel some minor labor pains.  I called my nurse and she strapped me on the montior to pick up contractions and the monitor wouldn't pick them up, nurse said that since I had been on bed rest for 12 weeks I was having constipation pains, which in the back of my mind I knew I wasn't.  The following morning @ 5 a.m. I started to get the pains closer and closer to each other and sure enough they were contractions, my dr was standing outside my hospital door ready to make his morning rounds when my nurse called him in, he did his usual check up and said I had to have an emergency C-Section becuase he could not feel my baby's head or umbilical cord.  I gave birth to a 3lb 3 oz handsome baby boy at 29 weeks of gestation.  I was told the worse that my baby only had a 10% chance of survival due to 12 weeks of absolutely no fluid.  3 hours after my baby was born his left lung collapsed, he was given so many meds and was put on so many ventilators to try to help him with his breathing since his lungs were so immature he did not respond to any of them.  At 10 pm the doctor told me that he would try one last medication that they were not experienced with but he would give it a try and that my baby had to respond to it quick in order to have a chance of survival if not then they would give me my child to do a care and comfort (where baby would pass away in my arms), I praise the Lord that he heard our prayers and my baby boy responded to the med called Nitricoxide with in minutes.  He was progressing along very quickly and his left lung collapsed again about a week ago.  His doctor said that he would leave him on the jet ventilator for a month or longer but take every step slowly this time.  He will be 1 month old this week and we have been on a rollercoaster ride, since he is premature and had no amnio fluid, his lungs are not strong and mature but with God's help and the ventilator that he is on we hope and pray that he will soon have some mature lungs. He has his good and bad days but praise the Lord he is progressing slowly.  I will continue to update you all with the progression of my baby.  I will keep everyone in my prayers for I know what you are going thru this was my 3rd pregnancy and had previously lost the other 2.  Good Luck to all and God Bless!!
HI
I am 15 weeks and my waters broke at 12 weeks.  I have been on bedrest but the fluid doesn't appear to be building up. I can see one pocket of water at the rear of the baby.   The last scan this week showed that the babys head is going out of shape even though the body is normal and growing at the right rate.  Has anyone seen the head do this and still manage to give birth to a healthy baby?  Everyones advice would be very well appreciated as this is so difficult.
Thanks Emma
my waters started leaking  at around 12 weeks and every so often after then and went for regular scans to check the fluid, which was still showing low, at 15 weeks 6 days my waters broke i was given the option to wait and see or have a termination, i wnet back to the doctors yesterday (at 16weeks) asked them to show me a scan before i could make my decision it showed that all the fluid had gone, it was the hardest decision we had ever had to make but we decided to go ahead with the termination and was in labour for 10 hours , baby looked perfect and i feel like such a bad person for having to do what i did but know that could have been really unwell, i will never forget what happened and my tiny little baby!
i had a hematoma (bleed)untill 11 weeks doctors say this could have weakened the membrane causing the waters to break,
good luck to everyone xx
My water broke 2 weeks ago when I was 17 weeks, I am 19 weeks and scared to death. My baby has normal fluid around her I have not had any signs of infections,Im at home on bed rest. I will be admitted to the hosp for antibiotics and steroids at 24 weeks if I make it. Im praying and taking things day by day hoping that I can atleast make it to my third trimester. I have 2 healthy children and the pregnancies were normal I dont know why this is happening to me, but im praying that she makes it:)
"I had a cvs @ 12 weeks & lost most my fluids & was offered to terminate or let nature takes its course over the next 72 hours? I am now 17 week 3days with normal AFI.  I have weekly scans & things seem to be getting better & better, I have put myself on complete bedrest!
drink water as much as poss,  rest on my left hand side that I have been told can help?

Message of hope & just felt the need to update you all that I am now 31 weeks like nothing had ever happened :)
my waters broke at 17+ weeks, we made the decision to end the pregnancy, now i am worried the same thing will happen when i fall pregnant again, what are the chances of this???
I gave birth to our precious baby boy June 23 at 18 weeks.My water broke prematurely on June 22. Everything was going well or so I thought I kept telling my dr I felt like something was wrong but ofcourse they just blew me off. I had bleeding through out the whole pregnancy and this was my third pregnancy. I had a previous miscarrige at 12 weeks and a tubal pregnancy. I was given the option to be induced which I felt terrible about. I did decide to induce labor when I started running a fever and my white count went up. When I had my son he was perfect in everyway. He was alive when he was born but they took him out the room until he passed away. When I had my follow up with my OB she said there was nothing wrong with my son or the placenta its just a mystery. The drs always say oh it wont happen to you again and it has three times. Thankfully we are seeing a specialist in October and we are praying for a successful full term preganancy!
I'm so hopeful to read all these stories for my situation. I'm 15 1/2 weeks and my water bad yesterday. I wen to ER and was told diffently ruptured. My white cells were good. Babies heart rate is normal & very stong beat. I diffenetly do not have 0 fluid left. My OB said he can't do anything but only option is terminate. I feel in my heart that things will be okay and god only knows if he will allow me to have this child, i have 2 children now 11 and 3 1/2yrd olf. Now my problem is a little worse because i have an incompetent cervix and was looking to get a cerclage. My OB said all the negative things as all have meantioned about infectiong & possible truma or death. If i move forward with pregnancy they will just monitor me weekly until I give birth on my own(misscarry) or get really sick to make me abort. I do belive in miricales. My son was premature at 26 1/2 wks with grade 3/4 brain bleeding and would not be normal & have all kinds of problems, this is why I belive in miricales & hope. He is perfeclty fine. I'm glad i found you all before i made my decision to terminiate. God bless each  and everyone one of you moms & my heart goes out to those that lost there babies..so sorry.
On November 9, 2003, my water broke at 26 weeks along with my son.  I was admitted to the hospital scarred and thinking that I was going to lose him.  The doctors, many of them, told me that I would probably deliver in 24-48 hours and there was a chance that he might not make it or if he did he would probably suffer from complications.  When a few days went by, and I didn't go into labor, we continued to count the days.  I did not ever go into labor, nor have contractions, nor dilated.  I didn't get an infection either.  I continued to drink lots of fluid and hope for the best.  I was in the hospital for 33 days before checking myself out (do not necessarily recommend this, but it worked for me) and then continued to go into the hospital daily to check the baby's heartbeat and check my temperature, etc.  I had previously given birth to a son, and knew that I had never had a contraction.  They did check to make sure I wasn't dilated previous to my leaving the hospital because they were afraid that I might have a prolapsed cord if I had been having contractions without knowing.

As we went to the hospital twice a day they checked my fluid a few more times with ultrasounds and my water levels continued to fluctuate.  I continued bed rest at home and at 33 weeks, since my baby was breech, and they didn't want to risk the increased chance of  infection after 34 weeks, so my doctor recommended that I have a c-section.  

After a check of lung development via bringing some fluid into the hospital on a daily checkup, we decided that his lungs were not going to mature any more since he was breech and the fluid didn't get to his lungs since gravity pulled the fluid away from his mouth.  We delivered our son on January 6, 2004, and our little boy Brett spent the next 19 days in the hospital learning how to eat since he never had the fluid in-utero around his mouth to practice.  

He weighed 6lbs, 11 oz and was 19 1/2 inches long.  He came home with us on January 25th and is now a 6 years old, a 1st grader, happy and healthy and loving school.  

At the time that all of this happened, I didn't know anyone that this had ever happened to.  I wish I would have posted this many years ago to provide hope for those of you that may have found it through my story.  I was told many times that I probably should not share my story because it is not a typical case.  We were never told that we should induce so I cannot add any thoughts on that situation.

For everyone reading this post, I just send you my hope and best wishes for your situation. I can only hope that this brings comfort to some of you, and pray for those of you that have lost your little babies (I wish you nothing but healing).  All my best to all of you!  
Hi ladies, I do realise this is an old thread but for those of you searching for hope...

My son was delivered at 25 weeks. He is now home and healthy, 7 months old!! My first birth was term, completely natural and went wonderfully well. This pregnancy was difficult - I began haemorrhaging severely at 7 + 2, due to subchorionic hematomas. This bleeding with huge clots continued until 18 weeks. Then at 18 + 5 my waters broke.

I was told we needed to terminate, that even if the doctors were to keep me pregnant, our baby would pass away after birth. They were concerned about infection, and I was in preterm labour. My waters were green and smelled very strongly (different from my first birth) I began haemorrhaging again right after my waters broke, so I was constantly losing blood and amniotic fluid. They told us that the fluid level was too low, and that they would be delivering me that day.

Here is my message of hope - I asked my father to pray for me. So he did. He asked that our Lord Jesus provide this miracle, for His glory. And God certainly is glorified. I was sent home hours later, with perfect fluid levels, no contractions, and no evidence of ruptured membranes on the ultrasound! When my waters broke again (not possible according to doctors, but also according to doctors I would not be leaving the hospital pregnant to start with!) at 23 + 6 I was admitted, and my son was delivered via emergency caesarean at 25 weeks after spontaneous labour began.

My boy went through a 4 month stay in NICU, with plenty of ups and downs along the way. He suffered from a great number of prematurity problems, and was diagnosed with Septo-Optic Dysplasia. We were told to expect retardation, seizures, hormonal deficiency, visual problems etc and that he would need surgery. God has answered our prayers again. Our son has had NO problems whatsoever, has needed NO surgeries, and is in fact doing so well that we do not need to come back for his scheduled preemie reviews.

There is always hope. The Lord provides where men cannot. The hospital staff are amazing. They are so knowledgable, and try so hard for us and our babies. But they cannot always help. God can, and He does answer prayers. We lost a baby between our two children, and we lost our son's twin. Yet we are abundantly blessed! xx
I'm 19 weeks with twins and leaked twice today, scared, and the doctor told me to rest and wait to see if I have any more leakage. If I do, I need to go to the hospital and have an ultrasound to check the fluid around my identical boys. I've only leaked twice- both times happened after standing up, and they were about 30mins apart- I'm scared to stand up now.
Amen, Our Lord will always help when the dr's. can't, and yes he does answer prayers.  I had a very difficult pregnancy as I have previously posted.  My son was in NICU for 3 months and while we were there he was also diagnosed with Septo-Optic Dysplasia.  I have taken him to his eye dr visits and the optomalogist says that his eyes are great and that he will not need any surguries.  Praise the LORD.  He is on 3 types of meds one for his stress hormone, thyroid gland, and another to help control his liquid output.  I thank God that with the help of these meds my baby is doing well his blood work that his endocronologists orders have all been great.  I continue to pray for another wonderful miracle that my baby will grow healthy and will one day not need these meds, especially the daily injection.  Miracles do exist and my son is living proof of it.  GOD is AWESOME!!!!!   We have also been BLESSED with a handsome little boy which is now 6 months old.  Thank you for sharing your story with us all.  May the Lord continue to Bless you and your family.
Hi, I seen that this was posted quite awhile ago. I'm curious how everything worked out so far? My water broke last week, I was 11weeks. The nurse told me that I probably peed myself, but I insisted that I didn't and got an ultrasound the next day. I had no fluid but a very strong heartbeat. They tried to talk me into a D&C, I was terrified, my husband was still at work and I felt so alone and didn't know what to do. I had read about a few women being put on bedrest w/ antibiotics and their sac sealed over and in a few cases, built up fluid again. Am I crazy to want to try? I just know that if i don't, I'll always wonder, what if. I haven't leaked any fluid since that first day, so I'm trying to be hopeful but I'm also trying to prepare myself for the worst. I believe that you have to try everything you can. I was just thinking about your post and wondering and hoping that everything is working put for you. I have an ultrasound tomorrow to see if my fluid is building back up. If anyone can think of any other options, please let me know. I've had to research everything myself.....and am now looking for a new dr as well! One that can provide me w/ options and the info that I need and deserve regardless of what they feel I should do. I hope that you are doing well:)
My amniotic fluid leaked after at almost 18 weeks after having an amniocentesis.  I lost my first baby boy on the Christmas day of 2010. I miss that so cute little face so much.  He still has a strong heartbeat after 17 hours delivered.  He was sleeping and looked just like an angel.
My life is not the same any more.  I want my baby back.  Everynight when I go to bed, I wish everything is just a bad dream and when i wake up in the morning I will still have my baby.  Please don't do the amniocentesis test unless you have someone has a genetic problem in your family tree.
No one is crazy for wanting to try.

Our fluid ruptured at 16 1/2 weeks and she is now 31 weeks. She has spent 14 weeks on strict bedrest (including the last 7 weeks in the hospital). As part of the hospital stay, she gets an ultrasound everyday and NSTs twice daily.

On most days, our little boy doesn't have any fluid around him but his heart rate is strong. We don't know anything about his lungs right now but the doctors are optimistic that even if he was born now, he'd have enough body weight to make it in the NICU.

If at all possible, find a high-risk OB/GYN practice. And a hospital with a high-end Tier 3 perinatal unit and NICU. The high-risk docs work alongside my wife's primary OB/GYN practice, and the NICU is just good to have once the baby is born.

I can't understand why this happened to us -- it is easily the darkest period in our lives. Still, I have been praying all alone that her and I will be changed forever no matter what happens with our baby. By posting my comment on this blog, I really believe we are heading toward fulfilling whatever God is calling us to. We still have a long way to go but if there is anything we have learned, it's DON'T GIVE UP.

I have prayed for you. Please keep us posted.
Hi everyone,

I like everyone else who reads this, is looking for hope and for answers. i dont think any answers can really be provided but hope can certainly be gained. I was diagnosed with PPROM when my water broke at 20 wks + 5 days. I noticed the lost of all my amoniotic fluid and went to a generic hospital. I began having contractions and started bleeding (though not heavily). I was admitted on the first of january and I am still here.

There is nothing the doctors can do at this point. I am on hospital/complete bed rest and I have to push the fluids. I have ultrasounds every other day. My son has a strong heartbeart but there is no amniotic fluid around him. However, I feel him move all the time. He is quite the kicker. He has survived so far and today he is 22 weeks.

There is no telling what will happen but I take every day at a time and for everyday that passes and he is still here, its a miracle. I am monitored every 8 hrs for infection and thank god so far have had none. There is still some leaking from time to time but no real bleeding. The hope is to get my son to 23 wks and 6 days to which I will be transferred to a hospital with a level 3 NICU.

I dont know how similiar my story is to anyone elses but if it helps, im only 23 and this is my first pregnancy and this pregnancy has been nothing but problems. I hope I can give someone help or hope. Also, if there is any other story like mine, please let me know. And I ask for prayers for my son as I will give my prayers to all of you.
Salut a tous,

Lire tous vos messages a été pour moi une petite consolation pour savoir que je ne suis pas seule et que vous avez réussi a surmonter vos tristesses. J'ai perdu les eaux a 16 semaines de grossesse lors que tout allait apparemment bien pour moi, pas de contractions ni de douleur. Le col etait OK et le medecin ne peut toujours pas me dire ce qui a provoque la rupture des eaux. Je perdais tellement de liquide amniotique que mon gygy m'a mis tout de suite sur pytossin quand je suis arrivee a l'hopital en urgence qualifiant mon cas "d'avortement imminent". Je pleurais car je voulais garder le bebe, je gardais espoir. J'ai perdu le bebe Helas. Je me sens inconsolable mnt car je n'ai pratiquement plus d'espoir. J'ai deja fait une fausse couche de meme qu'une grossesse ectopique rupturée donc j'ai seulement la trompe droite, des fibromes. Je ne sais toujours pas ce qui a provoque cette perte d'eaux. Mon mari est triste egalement et j'ai meme eu l'idee de me suicider tellement c'est douloureux. Je pleure a longueur de journee, en cachette de tous. Je pense a ce petit garcon que je caressais a chaque seconde dans mon ventre et qui n'est plus. Je me sens vide, inutile. Je ne souhaite a personne ce que je vis. Cela risque-t-il de se reproduire si je tombe enceinte a nouveau?

Merci de vos reponses.
hi my wife is 17 weeks pregnant and yesterday morning alot of  fluids came out  of her but  there was no  blood just  clear water.we decided to  head to  the  hospital a  little later,She was  checked out  and  the doctor  said   something   about  the sack not being opened,then the gyn came   and swabed her did his test  and  said there was no signs of  fluid leaking but the  sack is  low  on fluids,also my  wife said  the baby is not  moving,did ultrasound and saw  perfect  heartbeat,can anyone please explain to  us what  is the  outcome ,,this is her  first pregnancy
Did they tell you the fluid index ?
She's still pretty early and it's good that her waters haven't gone :) at 17 weeks she won't feel alot of movements they tend not to mention kick counts till about 28 weeks pregnant, my fluid was low but is not back at a normal level, just tell her to take it more easily and rest a bit
I am 19 weeks right now and my water broke and they said I had low fluid. I also have low lying placenta and I have been bleeding. I have been put on bedrest and antibiotics, but the drs tell me there is only a 50/50 chance. Reading you girls stories makes me happy but I'm scared about the next 6 weeks they said the baby can't live on its own untill 24 weeks that if I get and infection or start having contractions that they would deliver thebaby and that he wouldn't live very. long. I'm very scared but pray that everything will be ok and pray that he is strong and that I can be strong.
Hi, I am 13.1weeks today. I found out I was pregnant with a copper coil iud fitted at 6weeks pregnant. After regular check ups and scans the pregnancy has been developing well. I have had bledding and clotting speradically since 8weeks. On Sunday I leeked alot of fluid. I went for a scan today, the babys heart is beating but it is not moving and looks to be curled up whereas last week in my scan it was jumping all over the place. They have noted that I have lost most of the fluid. Also it looks like my coil has moved and is showing alot of blood around the coil area on the US. They have not given any hope at all. I am now basically waiting to miscarry. If nothing happens in the next week they have booked another scan for me, DR said I will need to make a decision next week to terminate the pregnancy if its still there as it will not be developing properly. I feel completely useless and am just waiting for the worst to happen. Im so sorry for everyone else in the same position or to have ever lost a baby. Although there are some success stories on here I am not holding out as also having the coil is threatening more problems. What sort of  infection can this cause and what may happen?
I'm 16 weeks with twins and my water broke. The doctors say I would have to terminate the pregnancy but I am having faith and praying that god help me and my babies. Any advice? Please pray for me
On April 19th I had an emergency cerclage placed and was placed on bedrest. Only being 18 weeks along I was told that if it failed my baby would not survive and I just needed to take it very easy. On May 18th I had a little bleedng and a lot of mucusy discharge. I learned that my cerclage had failed and one of the stitches had torn, the other was holding but only barely and I was dilated to a two. I was only 8 days away from 24 weeks which is when the baby is considered viable and they will attempt to save. I was told they were going to snip the other stitch and my baby would probably be born the next day and die.

I refused to allow them to snip the stitch. I just couldnt see snipping one of the only things keeping her in there, especially when she was so active and healthy. I struggled with why I was not strong enough to carry her and provide what she needed especially since I have already had three easy and perfect pregnancies.

Now i am 24 and 4/7 and my water broke three days ago. I have taken antibodies and medicine to help develop my unborn daughter and have not felt any contractions. My doctor told me that with good care and rest I can maintain this for weeks. There is a woman in the other room who already has. I am also learning a lot about Kangaroo Care which is a technique used with premies and newborns that is almost a miracle. Please dont give up because each day you continue to carry your baby is a blessing. It is tough and painful but the joys of being a mother will make the wait well worth it.
It was sorry for you not having your baby's survival and very sad.
I'm 20 weeks and have lost all fluid, they wanted me to terminate two days ago but I couldn't without my husband. He comes home tomorrow. Im no longer leaking is that because it's all gone or sealed over. After three previous miscarriages we want this so bad.
So what!  This is still very helpful to me!!  My daughter is going thru this right now and we're looking for any information, any comfort to help us.
Hi there . I hope everything is ok. This is our story.
From beginning it wasn't a difficult decision to have further testing after obtaining a high risk nuchal result. It was the pappa level that was low. Risk being 1:158. I'm only 27 and prior to this pregnancy I had already had 3 miscarriages all before 10 weeks. Not knowing why this was made it even more necessary to know for sure if our baby had a chromosomal defect. If in fact it did then we would decide to terminate. We have a 3 yr old son and would not nowingly carry on a pregnancy that would result in a child needing constant care that we could not give. So we decided to go with the cvs and on the day of after discussing with the obstetrician decided on an amino 1. Less risk 2. Retroverted uterus3. Bleeding in early pregnancy4. The low pappa can indicate a placental problem. So these factors would increase the risk to what it would already be. 3 weeks later we had the amino which was straight forward . I was only home for about 2 hours when I started leaking fluid. I had 2 gushes of fluid. Next morning I went back for an ultrasound to check fluid levels. There were 3 very small pockets of fluid and that was it. Put on bed rest and in the hope the fluid would reaccumulate/ replenish over a couple of weeks. Note - sac still intact and cervix closed. Monitored for infection and after waiting 2 weeks till 17 weeks of pregnancy we were operculum the fluid was back as I hadn't had any leaks to my knowledge. Well the scan showed even less fluid and growth was just under what it should be. We decided to terminate the pregnancy as the likelihood of deformities was high and very minimal to no chance that The fluid would come back. We induced labour and our little girl was born . The most traumatic day of our lives. Our girl was perfectly normal as the rapid fish study showed. We don't regret our decision at all even now knowing she was normal. So if u want to know and there is the risk of loosing a normal baby my case is rare and extremely unlucky. I may have been going to miscarry anyway who knows. I was at a higher risk of miscarrying on my own accord than with having the amino . Very tough loosing our little girl. 
I have the Cercelage stitches in right now and just hit 20 weeks today...this was due to 2 still births I feel so much more confident and the DR has also got me taking Progesterone as well to be completly safe..I'm at work right now as we speak and feel completly normal...bubby is kicking and doing summersaults...I reccomende the stitch it is a day procedure I had real minor bleeding after the stitch and then no cramping or bleeding the next day or since...Have had it in since 12 weeks now. I feel way less pressur on my cervix and have even started to buy things for our lil one...There is a lot of negitive things about the stitch but none of those cautions have occured for me or many other people I know...Once I have hit 25 weeks we go from been high risk to normal pregnancy and they remove the stitch between 36-37 weeks. I would do it over if I had to...HIGHLY RECCOMENDED!!! Hope all goes well Ladies God bless and stay positive...so easy to think the worst trust me my goal is 25 weeks the 32 then 37.
I am 18 weeks and 2 day with twins,water broke for the first twin 2 days ago at 18 weeks exactly, other twin is ok. I had doctors appointment same day in the morning and everything was fine.I think the leak has stopped. My doctor said there is still a little water , both heartbeat are ok. The doctor said he will watch as event unfold. I'm on antibiotics. Does anybody have this same story and delivered the twins alive.
Will you tell me how you are doing..I lost all fluids about 8 days ago and I am19 weeks along, baby has strong heart beat and is moving. my doctor gave no hope and sent me home to resume normal activities 2 days ago!! I did not listen to him luckily!! Can you give any advice"
I am in same situation, given no hope 19 weeks and water broke 8 days ago. Can you share with me what happened PLEASE I am desperate to save my baby! Thankyou
Will you please give me an updateÉ I am in your situation and very afraid! No matter what your out come please share..thanks
This is where I am at...will you tell me what happened please
I had a hymrage that lasted from my second month until my fourth month.My water has been broken since 18 weeks without sealing over i am now a few days shy of being 29 weeks and started having some bleeding and contractions 15 min apart...my babies heartbeat during these two days of bleeding and having pains started slowing and then speeding up. Her normal heartbeat stayed around 145 when she was moving and 125 when she was in sleep mode..she had went down to 60 for one whole minute then started going to 170 and 180..after a few days of fluid and not moving at all out of the bed she went back to her normal heartbeat and kicking...my goal is to at least make it to 34 weeks right now . I had not been abusing any kind of drug, working, or having any kind of stress. The only problem i had was smoking, and i brought it from a pack to one cig and now to a patch every once in a while.I find it hard to believe that people have normal babies with no problems abuse n all that they do and being 24 years old and having no health problems I have to go through so much.
My water broke at 23 weeks and i been in the hospital for 20 days and still no baby i just have to wait for my bundle of joy
Kaza10,  you are not alone, trust me.
I too had the almost same thing happen to me in July 2011.  
Low Paap A.  High risk NT results 1:10 T21 because of it, Ultrasound was perfect at 11.5 weeks.  
I was going to have a Amnio at 15 weeks, as concerned about the risk results.
I starting bleeding at 14 weeks and went to the emergency dept.  I had ultrasound the next morning and they discovered low fluid. I do not recall leaking any fluid during the pregnancy. I was put on Antibiotics and told to see if any fluid re-accumulated when we go to do the amnio appointment.  Unfortunately the amnio it could not be done because the remainder of fluid had disappeared.   There was no fluid at all,  but a strong heartbeat.

I had to terminate my baby boy at 16wks, 4 days.   It is by far the worst experience of my life.

I have a 2.5 yr old girl, I am trying again to get pregnant again, I am nervous that this may happen again, and I know I will be worried until I get to full term and the baby is born breathing.

It does get easier to carry on,  but you never forget.
Hey so what happened, as I am in the same situation
I was prom at 18weeks, I've now 25weeks and Babys still growing how she should.. she gets her foot in abit of a tangle at times.. I have had lots of bleeds  and braxton hicks contraction since I was prom.. but doctors and myself are hopefully that ill go to 30weeks at least.. positive thoughts always
Hi my name is Shay. I am currently 17weeks and 2 days pregnant. My water broke yesterday morning around 9am. It gushed out and therw was alot of blood that came out. I went to the hospital and the did an ultrasound and to my surprise the baby was still in there with a heart beat of 150. I am currently in the hospital on bed rest. My doctor said he wanted to monitor me and see if I go into active labor. There's no amniotic fluid surrounding my baby and I'm constantly urinating out blood clots and blood. I love my little baby so much and am just hoping he/ she can remain strong for at least 10weeks. My mom and friends have been doing a lot of praying.  My fiance also left me at the hospital when he thought I misscarried to go hangout with his family. So not only am I stressing about. my baby I'm hurt I have no support from my boyfriend and his family.  My doctor doesn't think my outcome looks good. He said I would have to be on bed rest for months and just hope that I don't get an infection or go into labor. Any positive experiences are more than welcome.
hi i know this was a while back trying to find out how everything went for you im 20 and im 17 weeks going threw the same thing im scared and dont know what to expect
hi im 17 weeks an 1 day ,two days ago my water broke and my son heart beat was still stong .im only 20 i need help and advice the doctors think i should just give up and induce in labor but i want to see if he can see if the sac can seal back up can you give me advice please :(
hi im reading stories like your and getting hope my son is fighting too my water broke and he is still trying to make it im praying he can keep fluid til at least 7 more weeks so he can leave on this earth i been getting prayer from everyone i have faith that my story will be like yours
Water broke at 15 weeks I am 24 weeks now
There is DEFINITELY hope. Back in 1996 my water broke when I was exactly 16 weeks pregnant (I was also 16 years old). The doctors had no idea what had caused it. I was advised to terminate my pregnancy due to risk of a staph infection. The prognosis was very bleak. I kept faith, remained on bed rest for about 5.5 months,  and carried my son to 39 weeks! He was born an absolutely healthy 7 lbs 11 oz. He is now 15 years old! He is my miracle.
i'm sorry to hear that.  my daughter in law is going thru same thing.  she's in the hospital we rushed her yesterday and they put her on antibiotics.  babies heart beat is good.   All we can do is put it on GOD's hands. she lost some amniotic fluid.  I hope its seals and reproduce more.
my waters broke at 18 weeks im now 25 weeks i go to hospital twice a week to have swobes and blood,blood presure n so on and i have a scan evry 2 week i still leek bits of water but i have gained sum not alot tho babys heart beat is strong but i cud go into labour any time so i am on bedrest also if my swobes ever come back showin i have infection i have to be set into labour. my baby will be born breech and there is a chance wen its born it has no lungs so obv wont servive but also it may have lungs and the pediertritions can help there is alot that can go wrong but also u may have a baby at the end
I'm 20 weeks + 3 day, my water broke yesterday @ 01/01/2013. Is there a chance to continue pregnancy with mo major issues?
I called my mid wife because i was bleeding and i was 5 months along with my son. I told her i need to come in now! she said lets wait tell my next appointment, which was in 2 days so i decided to wait. the next night my water broke at midnight during intercourse with my husband, We rushed to the hospital which we waited in the emergency room for 30 minutes until i freaked out because i was leeking fluid every were then started gushing out blood. As a 19 years old i've never experience anything like this before. i just told the doctor to fix me and save my baby instead, he put me on inducers and said it was for pain which was a lie. They did ultrasounds said the baby was health but scared for there was no fluid inside and he was freaking out with me. I was in labor for 6 hours until i felt movement and lots of pressure which i told the nurse she told me to get up and go to the bathroom and go pee, as i was going pee i had my baby on the toilet which didn't survive from impact.  So the lesson i learned was don't believe what everyone says, even if they went 4 to 6 years to school and have a bachelor's degree. If you fill like somethings wrong go to a hospital which will take care of you. our find  a hospital who will do something about it even though you don't have the best insurance, they don't care but at lease they well care for your baby and your safety don't take the chance of waiting, for if you wait it might me to late.
My sister is going through this right now. She went to the hospital earlier today. I'm so scared for her. She's had been having alot of trouble with trying to have kids for a year or two and we found out late january early february that she was gonna have twins and now this happens. I just can't imagine how she's feeling right now and i pray that nothing bad will happen
Hi I started leaking after amniotic test but sealed in one day. It has been for weeks since and I am now 22 weeks.can I resume my sex life now.no other complications.scans are perfect.
I was 20 weeks pregnant.Dr put me on bed rest.  My dual marker sonography report was  good. But after 2 days my amniotic fluid passed out of my body & the pregnancy got terminate. Its was heartbreaking experience. What is the reason behind fluid passing ?
My name is Marsha and my waters broke at 11 weeks, I am now 14 weeks, on Antibiotics and bed rest but unfortunately my Amniotic fluids has stayed the same! Has my baby got a chance of life if I can get the fluids replace? I know how important the fluids are between 14 -20 weeks for the baby to develop it's kidneys and lungs. Can you give me some information on any other mother out there who's baby survived so early in pregnancy?