low hanging cervix?
I had my baby 8 weeks ago and had the mirena put in. I went to the doctor today because my husband and I could feel the cord so I was worried it was coming out. The doctor said that it was fine that I just have a low hanging cervix and to try kegals, if that doesn't work,I will have to have something similar to a hysterectomy to pull and move everything up. Anyone ever heard if this?
Hi!
Post delivery the pelvic muscles are lax. This makes the uterus and hence the cervix hang down. Doing Kegels and deep breathing exercises help to tighten the pelvic floor and the cervix gets pulled up. Otherwise various slings are put to support the pelvic floor and pull up the uterus. You may not need removal of uterus. Do discuss this with your doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.