low heart beat at 5 weeks and 5 days pregnant
I just had my first trans vaginal ultrasound yesterday and it showed i am measuring 5weeks and 5days pregnant. the doctor said the heartbeat was kind of low, 103bmp. She also said the yolk sac looked good, is a good size. i know they have to tell you the worst "just in case" but I was curious if this is really a low heartbeat and should i be worried?? this is my first pregnancy and i am a little scared!!! i also have type 2 diabetes and trying to get my sugar under control which is so hard to do! my sugars run about 160 right now. Ive heard being pregant can make your blood sugar run higher than normal?? I was diagnosed diabetic last year, before ever thinking of becoming pregant. thank you!!
It's low - ish but not critical, at 5 weeks 5 days.  It could well be on the way up.  Babies hearts only begin to beat in the 5th week.