low heart rate
I just went for my first ultrasound at 6 weeks and the baby's heart rate was at 100 beats per minute.  The doctor said that it was low for being 6 weeks and wants to do another ultrasound in 3 weeks.  I this really low for a heart rate and should I be concerned?  What is the average heart rate for a baby at 6 weeks?
To be honest I don`t even think it was possible for him to hear the babies heart beat at 6 weeks!!!I was told by my doctor that you can`t detect a heartbeat using a soni until at least 10 12 weeks.This was probably your own pulse,which my own doctor got confused with on a couple of occasions!!If your doctor was the least bit worried he wouldn`t wait for you to come back in three weeks,it sounds to me like he knows he will have a better chance of hearing the heart beat next time!I hope this hasn`t worried you,but I never heared my babies heart beat until she was at least 10 weeks,they just kept picking my pulse up which was about 100,and the babies heart rate ranges from at least 130 upwards,so please,please don`t worry!!all the best...

pippy x
You can detect the fetal heart rate VIA A VAGINAL ULTRASOUND at about 6 weeks.  If your doctor was just listening with a doppler (hand held speaker-like device held on your abdomen) you cant hear it reliably until after 9-10 weeks.  Later if you are a heavy person.
You can't make a judgement on a low heart rate at 6 weeks.  It varies tremendously.
I hope everything is well at your next ultrasound.
hey! i had a transvaginal ultrasound at 6 weeks because i had spotting which was a subchorionic hemorrhage, and the heartbeat was 80 bpm. so they made me come in a week later which i thought was 7 weeks, but u/s saying 6 weeks 4 days, so im a lil confused, but the heartbeat is now 110. which they say is still a lil low but i am keeping my fingers crossed... good luck to you..