Maternal & Child Community
low lying placenta still at 34 weeks

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

low lying placenta still at 34 weeks

this is my second pregnancy with my first one had a low lying placenta at 12 weeks and it had moved by 20 weeks
this time had a low placenta at 20 weeks and had to be re scaned at 34 weeks it is still low im now 35 weeks and got to have another scan at 37 weeks to see if it has moved if i has not then have to have a c section what are the chances of it moving ? x
My placenta never moved and according to my Drs it was just barely touching the opening of my cervix so it was safe to deliver naturally....without c-section.
I was so very nervous about this especially because of the possible blood loss that can occur....and I was on blood thinners for a clotting disorder.

All was fine.

If your placenta is covering any part of the cervix a c-section will most likely be necessary but if it's just 'low lying' you may be okay.