low white blood test
I have a five year old daughter that had a high fever took her to the hospital and they said her white count was really low. she was in two different hospital for a total of a week and a half. they did a bone morrow test and eveythink came back normal. They said she has Cytomegalovirus witchs CMV. Put then they said she has had it at one piont in her life but its not actived. But most of the world has had it at one piont and not even know it. So we have been home for a month and her count is still very low and her spleen is still in larged. All the doctor say is to watch her so if she gets a fever over 100.4 take her to the hospital. witch i have done twice since we got home. She has weekly blood test done. I just dont feel like i am getting the answers i want or need.
npd
I'm so sorry you're going through this - it is one of the hardest things in the world when your child is sick and you don't feel like you're getting the information you need.  Have the doctors talked to you about what is causing the neutropenia?  (low white blood count)?  How low are her neutrophil levels?  Is she on any medications?  Did they talk to you about possible causes?  The most important thing is that her blood marrow results were normal.  The scariest possibility would of course have been leukemia, so it must be a huge relief to rule that out.  Neutropenia is also caused by some medications, nutritional problems (folic acid and B12 deficiency), pesticide exposure, and various disorders.  The reason for the weekly blood check is because it will help them with the diagnosis - they probably are trying to rule out cyclical neutropenia (where the neutrophil levels drop below a certain level for a certain number of days every few weeks).  Because her spleen is enlarged, I would ask them if they have considered Felty's syndrome.

I hope this helps a bit and I really hope that you get some answers soon.  I'll be thinking about you!!

- Natalie
I'm not an expert, but the white blood cells and enlarged spleen make me think of Mononucleosis. I've had it a few times, once when I was about 8 years old and again when I was 27. But that greatly affects the white blood cells and the spleen is enlarged. I had fevers and really swollen glands. Maybe they've already checked that out though. If it is mono, there's not much they can do, just rest and make sure she doesn't do anything to active in case of spleen damage.
I hope they find what is happening soon. I'm sorry.
They did the momo test and it came out negative.her neutrophil have been as low as 0 and at yesturday test it was 610. She woke up with a fever and say her had hurts so i called the doc and he wants to see her today. No she is not on any meds.
It seem like every time they do a blood test the next day she has a fever and doesn't feel good. I asked the doc about this morning and he said he doesn't think it has any thing in common.
Thanks for all your support i will let you know what happen at the doctors today.

When I was 15 I had a rare case of Mono. It was a type B mono. I had it for a year. They tested me twice for mono before they diagnosed me an it came out negative, finally my Dr. checked for Mono type B and I had it. I was very sick. I had to get weekly blood tests as well. After about a year of rest, good nutrition, and daily foot rubs, I got better. Ask your Doctor to check for Mono B.