Maternal & Child Community
lower abdomen pain 8 weeks pg

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

lower abdomen pain 8 weeks pg

hello
I am still full of questions.  Any one pg recently enough to remember 8 weeks (actually 7 weeks 5 days)  Starting Friday I stopped feeling morning sickness.  today all day I have had pain way down low like my pubic area.  (when I freaked last time and called doc on bleeding they said not to worry unless you feel like cramps - I said are you supposed to ahve some pain down there?  She said yes?)  Well,  I am in a lot of pain - of course i am worried sick - ultrasound monday at 12:30  but this pain does not feel normal.  I am not sure I know what cramps pain versus other?   Anyway, any one with these pains before?  I am IVF so I take estrogen and progesterone.  I miscarried in November 04
Here is what I have experienced: I have felt pain in my uterus in early pregnancy----as far as I know, it is usual. What is NOT normal is to have waves of uterine contractions that usually start in the lower back--- which indicates miscarriage. Could you give more details about what the pain feels like? If it doesn't feel like period cramps and you aren't having lower back cramps then I say you are fine.
Try to relax  you are a very worrisome person.
Is the cramping bad , is there back ache, bleeding??
You stated you miscarried before do you feel its like that?

You had some previous bleeding and needed rest where you doing anything today that was too much..
Rest....rest...rest...
Maybe you need to have bedrest for the first little while (Well at least take it easy)
thanks
the pain is low and dull
it does not exist if i am resting
I am still resting  alot - don't have permission to go full throttle yet.  Yes, cinamon,  I have worried more this pregnancy than I have in the last 5 years!
I really didn't do much yesterday because if I was up and about I was in pain.  I am still trying to drink drink drink!
I just was hoping for someone else who had pain?  Looking forward to monday!
I to have "cramps" that come and go on my left side. I do not have ectopic, have had 2 u/s already. I am only 10weeks and am a basket case. I go for another u/s today hopefully will have good answers, I feel very nervous about outcome. let us know how it goes and do try and relax.
Thank you for your kind words.
Well, it's unfortunatley(sp) not going to end well. U/S sound showed no hb and fetus stopped growing 2 weeks ago so I am waiting for Dr's call to schedule d&c. I have never experienced this and am scared out of my mind. my poor DH is so upset I don't know what to say or do for him.
so sorry.  We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.  I went through that in november and it is hard.  If you need to talk feel free to email.  it might help to know this board is here - there will be questions I am sure
hi
Ultrasound was OK.  Teh baby is still alive and growing.  Of course I was worried because it was only so many days.....
ANyway   I asked teh doc about the pain and he said don't do whatever causes it - that is really sitting????   He also said if there was a problem he thinks he'd see less growth or some otehr sign - so I am hopefull  HR was 166.  Nother u/s next monday.  He said to drink more!  (he also said lower body fat means less estrogen produced - ever hear of that?)

Unsure, tell us about u/s when you know.  Thanks for your thouhts
I went ahead with d&c with full confidence in the specialist that we saw. There was no growth for 2 weeks as well as no h/b. I am feeling okay today, 2 days post procedure. Will take it easy all weekend and back to work on Monday if all is well. I did read alot on that website as this was a stressful pregnancy from beginning. Only yolk sac at 1st u/s, h/b of 155 at 2nd and no growth and no h/b at level II u/s on Monday. I should have been 10w4d and fetus only measured 8w5d. So now some healing time and we will try again. This was a specail pregnancy as it was a "souvenior" from our vacation to Hawaii. Ironically my dh is from Hawaii and so it seemed even more meant to be.:) Hopefully next time we will be successful. Best of luck to you! I know you have waited a long time for this.
so unsure,

I am so sorry you are going through this difficult time.  I would suggest going to this site to get some helpful info that has some important reading.  I don't know all of your specifics, but there may be some help at this site.  Sending you big hugs!

http://www.misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com/forums
I had a D&C on 5-6-05. Miscarriage:(
I am 35 and we have been waiting for 16 years.
It was a shock when we found out that I was even pregnant.
We were told we had to have IVF.
My question is my sister told us that I am very fertile even after a miscarriage. Is this maybe true and how soon could can we try again?
You are very fertile most of the time right after any pregnancy. But you should consult your dr as to when to try. I have read so much and everyone has an opinion. 1 cycle, 2 cycles, three & on and on. my mother said wait a year as I had an ectopic last july and then this pregnancy ended in a d&c. only you, your spouse and your dr. can decide in my opinion. I personally will wait to see how my follow-up visit goes with my dr in 2 weeks. I want to see if pathology report has any insight or is inconclusive. This is all just my opinion of course, do what is best for you. may you fall pregnant again soon:)
Thank you for your info.
We got the results back today and the fetus was in my tube he is going to give me the shot tomarrow.
I'm glad we found out very soon for I have heard horror stories about getting a ruptured tube, and woman almost dying.
I am very sad that I will not get pregnant on our own and this baby was lost. It is very hard to deal with our sorrows.
Ivf is so expensive, I hope we will have a chance to have it soon.
I would not ever want to go threw this again.

why didn't they do an ultrasound before the D&C?????? the shot is really not so bad, it makes you sick 2-3 hours after they inject it and it peaks at 72hrs. I had an ectopic last year and had only the methotrexate shot and it worked for me; hcg returned to 0 in 2weeks. But the fact that you had the d&c, for nothing is horrible!!!!!!!! and Iknow the flip side is the shot doesn't always work on it's own. a friend had the shot and her tube ruptured 2 days later. so sorry for your loss
thank you again.
I don't know why he did not do a ultra sound again. He did it a week before the D&C he should of done it agian. This was our first time getting pregnant and I did not know what to expect.
He does think I was about 3to 6 weeks pregnant. The first time they did the ultra sound we and he could not find nothing, so yep he should of thought then to tell us, it is no dought in the tube. He kept saying and he thought it was in the uterus.
Today I go in for the shot and I am worried because the hcg levels were holding before the d&C at 450 then the day of the D&C they went down to 350 and that is where they are today.
Also when I went into the emergency room 2 weeks before the lady that did the ultra sound was litterly jamming the thing around and they also put a cahthator in me. I found out later that they should not of done the cathator and they had it blown up. When I went into the ER I was only spotting alittle only when I used the restroom. Then the blood rushed when she was doing the ultra sound very roughly.
I do hope this shot works today.  
My mom has cancer and we found out the shot they give is used for people with cancer also. Thanks again with the info I am going to ask him about the ultra sound, I might of lossed the baby then and it might of been in the right spot. I to think he is doing alot of geussing. Which makes us even more scared.
We also were going to set up for another opinion but we would had to wait until next week or gone back in the ER.
Well got to go we are leaving for the doc's now.
Thank you again for the info.

yes, it is a type of chemo. cancer cells and pregnancy cells are both classified as rapidly dividing. So in effect the shot takes care of pregnency cells. My hcg was very low the whole time I was pg. never rose above 250. With this pg that just ended in m/c my hcg was 11,000 22dpo and 22,000 two days later! huge difference in viable pregnancy and ectopic. I hope you are feeling okay after shot the experience was scarier than the effects of the shot. Boy the diarreha hit hard! sorry for tmi:) but that was the worst part. you are in my thoughts today.
Thank you, the shot went ok. I was expecting something that would go into my gut someway but I was wrong she gave it to me in my hip. Alittle cramping but she said tomarrow I will be cussing her out. lol.
I'm sorry to hear about your mc. I have been so worried about myself and scared, that i'm not even thinking right.
Doc said we would have a good chance at IVF first time in 3 months. Only thing is its so expensive. I found a site that they try to help people with ivf with donations from people.
I know I would never want anyone to experiance this heart ach.
:(. I go for my hcg levels next monday. I"m praying they go down. Right now I would love to just go to work and forget this last month. Well going to go off to bed night all. you to sounsure thank you for your advise. Oh yea I did ask the doc about ultra sound and he said he was at the time not 100 %
but he was a 100% that I was losing the baby by my levels.