Maternal & Child Community
luteal phase defect whats happening?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

luteal phase defect whats happening?

hi ya all i have been ttc since i had ectopic removed in jan 06 i also had left tube removed which already makes it harder for me to get pregnant but i have noticed that since march i was o 6-7 days before my af and same for april my af was 3 days early in may. i am always every 32 days for af and o on days 18 but since march o has gone funny i had af as normal and o started on day 27 instead of 18 as i said this months af was early and light but i have been using opk to find out when i will o and has been neg untill today (1 june)i am due my af on 5th june in 4 days time and its only now that im o my months seem to be getting shorter so my question is has anyone else had this problem as i feel like im never going to have a baby
very gretaful for any answers thankyou so much
bubblel.j
Hi!! I have a LP defect as well. I was ovulating 7-8 days before AF. I got PG after 8 months trying and had no idea I had this and lost the baby becuz of it. This requires medical attention. You need to see your doctor and chose which options are best for you. You can either do clomid, progesterone, or both. I chose both. It has been 9 months since my m/c and my LP is awesome...awesome enough I got my BFP 3 days ago!! It took 17 months, a loss, and meds, but it was well worth it!! I concieved on my wedding night and the baby we losts EDD...what a beautiful gift!

So call your doctor and explain what is going on. They will give you treatment options and will help you get that baby. If your doc does not believe you go to another. You do not want to let this slide....it will not have good results if you do. There is hope so do not give up...if i got my baby, you can get yours too!!

love...kimmie
thankyou so much kimmie it took me a while to get my doctor to finally do a blood test but he just does not care very much i live in london uk and the doctors here well some are real doctors but then some just only do it for the money they are writing out a prescription before you have even got in to the room but i have tried to buy progesterone cream etc ove rthe counter but they have told me that i need to get a prescription from the doctors as its only availible through them and he dont want to give it to me so i dont know where to start just feel like im not gonna get any where but thankyou for your message will keep trying thankyou
Sounds like you need to find a new doc... not sure what the procedure is there, but here we can call around to see if anyone's accepting new patients.  Or, if you're having problems with your ob/gyn, you can ask your family doc for a referral to a different one... if it's the family doc that's the problem now, you could try asking for a referral to an ob/gyn...  good luck!!  *HUGS*
thankyou will definately consider changing doctors but just felt like i was not getting any where with this but mrs britney 25 it sounds alot like what im having im ovulating too late in my cycle last month it was 6-7 days before my period but as i said before i have done a opk every day since to find out when im ovulating and it has been neg untill today and my period is due in 4 days its driving me crazy thankyou for the advice
What is weird is that I have the same problem - altho my doctor says it is not a luteal phase defect, in essence, but a follicular phase defect.
My doctor doesnt think very much of luteal phase defects - she says that mostly, a luteal phase defect is an effect of a follicular phase defect in which you ovulate too late.

So that is where I stand right now. I will have one really perfect cycle where everything is normal.. and then the next one or two are like 45 days long!! And I ovulate REALLY late.

My doctor says that because of this, the lining can be too old for implantation, and the egg may be too old to properly fertilize.. therefore causing a miscarriage.

Which I had - in JAnuary. After trying for 6 months to conceive.

I will be scheduling an appt with my doc again to see if maybe we should start on clomid, or what the next steps will be.

Sorry you are going thru this.. I feel your pain.
Kimmie!!!!  Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I know you've been trying for such a long time.  How exciting!!!
hi ya complaining of my doctor not bothering yesterday and today he is the one who has decided to call me 1st about my recent blood test i had done  i know its more bad new about this problem im having if anyone has any more ideas in sorting this problem out  thruogh other medication then i would love to hear it all