Maternal & Child Community
marijuana use in missouri pregnancy
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

marijuana use in missouri pregnancy

my closest childhood friend is 2 weeks less pregnant than me, and i have just found out from her that she has been smoking marijuana off and on throughout her pregnancy. i am very concerned for her unborn son's health.. but i understand there is not much anyone can do on that subject now becuase she has stopped smoking it about 3 weeks ago. another concern i do have that you all might be able to actually help me with is that she stopped smoking a month and a half before her due date. i am concerned that they will take her child from her (which i understand she doesnt deserve to have him because of her wrong choices, but 3 weeks ago when she stopped smoking it was because she was baptized and changed to a christian lifestyle and is very positive in her new life...) so i believe she will be a very good and responsible parent from now on... i am just worried that they will take him from her! if she stopped smoking a month and a half before her due date, will it show up in her or the childs system at birth? she will be giving birth in a missouri hospital. how long does it stay in the childs system? what will happen if it does show up? please help!!