marijuana use in missouri pregnancy
my closest childhood friend is 2 weeks less pregnant than me, and i have just found out from her that she has been smoking marijuana off and on throughout her pregnancy. i am very concerned for her unborn son's health.. but i understand there is not much anyone can do on that subject now becuase she has stopped smoking it about 3 weeks ago. another concern i do have that you all might be able to actually help me with is that she stopped smoking a month and a half before her due date. i am concerned that they will take her child from her (which i understand she doesnt deserve to have him because of her wrong choices, but 3 weeks ago when she stopped smoking it was because she was baptized and changed to a christian lifestyle and is very positive in her new life...) so i believe she will be a very good and responsible parent from now on... i am just worried that they will take him from her! if she stopped smoking a month and a half before her due date, will it show up in her or the childs system at birth? she will be giving birth in a missouri hospital. how long does it stay in the childs system? what will happen if it does show up? please help!!
Um I dont think they test the baby for marijuana ar birth or anytime after that.
I dont think they will take away a baby for that.. I know a girl that drank the entire time she was pregnant and her doctor and everyone else knew about it and they sent him home with her.  
A lot of doctors ask a pregnant women to sign a waver (at one of the first appointments) that allows them to test for the presence of drugs if they suspect that the mother is under the influence.  THC metabolites can be detected very, very, easily in hair MONTHS (even years) after the drug has stopped being used - it will not be detectable in urine or blood 6 weeks after usage has stopped.  So, it all depends on what your friend may have signed and what type of test would be used to screen for drug use.  It is not necessarily the child that will be tested.