Maternal & Child Community
measuring smaller on 2nd ultrasound compared to first..should I worry?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

measuring smaller on 2nd ultrasound compared to first..should I worry?

I  had my 1st at 18 weeks and measured exactly 18 weeks now I had my 2nd because the 4 chambers of the heart were not seen clearlyand I aam measuring 5 days behind..is this something to worry about>?
Related Discussions
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Was the ultrasound done in your dr's office? Did you talk to your OB right after the u/s? And more importantly, did they see the 4 chambers this time?

I would definitly ask the dr about the measurements.
Blank
The ultrasound was done at the hospital the 1st time and at the off site medical center this time..the tech said everything looked good and my ob/ would get the report in a few days..the 4 chambers were seen and the heart is fine..
Blank
If the u/s were done at two different sites then I wouldn't worry too much since it was two different machines doing the measuring. That is not to say that it is wrong and your baby is not measuring 5 days behind, just to say that there could be room for error there. If there was anything to worry about, I am sure that the tech woudl have made sure that your dr got the report alot sooner than a few days. HOwever, I strongly beleive that if you are worried you should never hesitate to call your OB youself and discuss it with him/her. Just tell them what you noticed at the ultrasound and ask if you should be concerned.

BTW, did you find out what you are having?
Blank
A BOY!!! We have 2 girls..
Blank
I agree with Kassimom. My OB has told me a date range of 7 days that you have where u/s's can be off and especially if they were done at different places. I wouldn't worry, but if you're like me, call your OB and talk with them about it! And congratualtions!!!! How exciting!!!! When is your due date?
Blank
CONGRATS!!! I am really hoping my little peanut is a boy too!

Call your OB, and let us know how everything goes!

Best of luck to you!
Blank
I had two u/s early on with my daughter that were like 4-5 days aoart and it wasn't a big deal.  In fact, they say later in pregnancy, there is a big margin of error - so don't worry, you're fine!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...