Maternal & Child Community
menstral cycle after birth?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

menstral cycle after birth?

I gave birth on the 22nd April 2003 to a healthy 3 week 1 day early baby boy! After the birth I bleed continuosly until the tenth week. I have not bleed again until now ( week 16 ) I am not on any medications, I am breastfeeding and bottlefeeding,  The bleeding is very heavy, I feel extremly lightheaded/drained and I have had severe pains in my abdominal left side.

Is this all normal, it is my first child. The birth was great, he came very fast, it only took 4 pushes and no stitches! :) My partner and I did have some fairly rough sex the night before my menstral cycle started.
I would talk to your doctor soon. I am not sure if it is normal. I didn't have a period until almost a year after my son was born (exclusively b/f and was on depo for 6 mos) but I did have a HEAVY amount of lochia after delivery lasting close to 10 weeks as well.

With the pain you have mentioned and the heavy bleeding, it sounds like you should actually get in ASAP. Is it possible you are pg? May be an ectopic. Too many variables to go unseen by a doctor.

Good Luck!

Andrea
I had a baby on Aug 13th, bled for 4 weeks. When do I get it again? I have cramps and I thought it started on 9-29-03 but it went away??? With my first child the doctor gave me a pill to get it.
I had a baby on aug 13th, bled for 4 wks. when do I get it again?