Maternal & Child Community
might my girlfriend be pregnant?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

might my girlfriend be pregnant?

my girlfriend and i had sex. a few days later, she had her period. however, she is late/has missed her period this following month. is there any chance that lingering seminal fluids impregnated her after her period?
i should mention that she has been feeling sicker and hungrier than she normally does.
Was the only time you had sex, the time before her period?  Has she taken a pregnancy test?
it was not our first time, but we have not had sex since then, if that is what you are asking. she has not taken a pregnancy test. would it be accurate at this point?
I was asking if you had sex after her last period.  If not, there is little enough likelihood she is pregnant.  But to be sure, yes, she could take a pregnancy test.  If a lack of period is caused by a pregnancy (i.e., if enough pregnancy hormone is in her system to stop a period) that is enough hormone to turn a test positive.  Be sure she tests with first-morning (concentrated) urine.
thank you very much for the information. she is known for being "unreliable", but typically not to this degree. i appreciate your knowledge.