MATERNAL & CHILD
COMMUNITY
miscarriage at 12 1/2 weeks
by my2girlsandme, Dec 12, 2006
I just miscarried at 12 1/2 weeks.  I had a CVS and as a result had a loss of amniotic fluid and 16 days later miscarried my little boy here at home.  This was my first miscarriage, and seeing my tiny baby when he came out was completely devestating and I am having a difficult time getting through this.  Has anyone else had a similar experience and have some advice on how to cope?
Member Comments (41)
by cantwait4baby, Dec 12, 2006
OMG, I am so sorry I had a m/c but not that far along. I cannot even imagine the pain you are going through.  I will keep you in my prayers.  Again, I am so so so sorry.
by Marcus's Mommy, Dec 12, 2006
I'm sorry for your loss, I too miscarried at home. I was almost 11 weeks.I had no pain until our baby actually dropped into my underwear.(sorry)  There was no real blood for another 1/2 hour. I could see their fingers and toes.  He or she was beautiful and it was so difficult to see. But I'm happier that I saw our baby, it allowed me a chance to say goodbye and to give him/her a safe home.  We are catholic and I'm lucky to be the secretary at my church. I had tons of support from our priest and we actually buried our child in the catholic cemetery, they have a circle of innocence just for people like us or children lost at birth. No one knows that our child is there but my husband and I.  

It will take time to heal, and you will never forget, but remember that you have an angel and make sure your children know they have one too. Our 2 year old knows. And he is going to be a big brother in 21 weeks, God allowing.

God bless you and your family. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
by michellejune, Dec 12, 2006
I'm so very sorry to both of you and your late miscarriages. I miscarried at only 7 weeks and that was hard enough to deal with, I can't even imagine.

((HUGS)) to you.
by shm79, Dec 12, 2006
I just wanted to let you know that I am so sorry for your loss,  know you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers through this difficult time.
by anxiousmomtobe?, Dec 12, 2006
So sorry for your loss.  I had two miscarriages this year and I know how painful it is.  

Find a way to honor that little life...plant a tree...donate to a children's charity.....write a poem.

Grieve as long and as hard as you need to.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Ciel
by my2girlsandme, Dec 12, 2006
Thanks so much for all of your kind words,its such a difficult time but it helps hearing from people who know what I'm going through.
by SUNSHINEFOR2, Dec 12, 2006
I had a miscarriage at 12 weeks  years ago. I started to hemmorage and had to go into emergency, where surgery was performed so I did not have the same visual experience as you did. I wanted to let you know that I am very sorry, there are no words that can comfort you but please remember that things happen for a reason. That made me feel slighlty better. The good news is that my best friend had a miscarriage last November (10 weeks) and successfully became preggers within 35 days and now has a happy and healthy baby girl she just brought home. Take care of yourself, good things will happen!
by AshleysMom, Dec 12, 2006
I am so sorry!!

I, too had a mc after a CVS at 14 weeks.  Ended up in the hospital for a few days with an emergency cerclage that didn't hold.  It was a nightmare.

I will never have a CVS again, that's for sure.

It really stinks being that 1%.

I did end up getting pregnant three months later with my daughter.  I opted for an amnio with her.  It's strange to think that if I did not have the first MC, I would not have my little peanut.  I guess that is my silver lining.

Will you try again soon?  Again, I'm really sorry this happened to you.
by New Mommy 2 Be 2007, Dec 12, 2006
im sooo sorry that is horrible! god bless you dont worry, wait until you get your first af and give it a try. I was pregnant with my first and it ended with a d&c on nov 10, my BF and I first appt. was on nov 9th and that was the worst day of my life, hearing no heartbeat seeing no baby on 3 ultrasounds, my baby died at 8 weeks i still cry everyday this morning when i was driving to school i bust out in tears. I just hope and pray I get pregnant this cycle. I was a reg 26 day I spotted 6 days before i got this period on sunday it should be over tommorrow i only get my periods for 4 days i cant wait to concieve.
Keep your head up and dont worry focus on trying for a new baby.

Sticky Baby Dust To All Of Us!