Maternal & Child Community
miscarriage at 5 month

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

miscarriage at 5 month

what does sids means can i have it
i have a miscarriage of 5 mnth and i have been trying to get pregnant for approximately 16 months
and nothing seems to be happening. what must i do
SIDS and miscarriages have nothing to do with one another.

SIDS is Sudden Infant Death Syndrome. That's when the baby dies in (usually in it's sleep) after it is born.

I have no idea why you miscarried at the 5th month.
Yeah SIDS and miscarriage are 2 completely different things. Like wannabenana said, SIDS is when your baby dies after it is born and a miscarriage is when you lose your baby during your pregnancy.

If you lost a baby at 5 months along it seems like your doctor would have explained to you what happened since that is not all that common. The other ladies in here can tell you better than me, but I think that at 5 months it is not considered a miscarriage, I think it is more of a stillborn.......I might be wrong though.

Good luck to you.
I agree with the others. SIDS is Sudden Infant Death Syndrome. Did your cervix opened at 5 months? Talk to your doctor,they may be able to do a stitch to keep your cervix closed, and ask questions,maybe you are at risk for pre-term labor and there are a list of options you have to avoid such a loss again. If you havent succesfully gotten pregnant again, for 16 months, talk to your dr. whether all of the fetal and tissue was released from your uterus,you may have scarring that is stopping your uterus to hang on to the egg. (I apoligize for sounding to cold or rude in the explanation, I am tyring to be as sensitive as I can)  I am sorry for your loss. Please discuss these options with your dr. and if you are not happy with the answers,try a different dr.
Also, at 5 mons it is more like a late miscarriage. My cousin and friend had one, one from an infection,the other from twins sharing the same sac and her cervix opened early.
Keep trying and if all else fails, maybe you could always go to a fertility dr...good luck and take care!!