Maternal & Child Community
miscarriage or stomach virus?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

miscarriage or stomach virus?

hello, last week i had Diarrhea and then something red with tissue on it , like the size of a golf ball came out, it seem to me like it was a miscarriage. i just got off my period and im showing no signs of pregnacy, but i keep having these stiomach pains and diarrhea, im not sure if i have a stomach virus, if im pregnant or had a miscarriage and need to see the doctor. Do u kno wat i have or whats causing this?
Avatar n tn
I know that must have had to been scary! But either way if it was that big, you need to see a doctor just to be sure.
Avatar n tn
thanx u i will but im just scared.
If you feel fine now, maybe the tissue is all out of your system.  But who really knows what it was?  It would be smart to tell the whole episode to a doctor so he or she can go over any possible ramifications.  If nothing further needs to be done, that's it.  But if something was left behind, they might need to do blood tests or monitor your progress or other things, to be sure you don't get infected.  (Infections in the reproductive tract are nothing to treat lightly if you want to have kids in the future.)
Avatar n tn
thanx u , i just might do dat,what happens if the tissue isnt removed thats left?cus i feel fine now.
If it was a miscarriage (and it sounds possible), you should see your doctor just to confirm that all of the tissue is gone and none is left behind in your system.  Good luck.
Avatar n tn
thanx u im not pregnant , but i went to da doctor told them everything it looks weird it may b a virus infection their gonna do dome test and they sending it in, and in 3 days i should kno, but thanx u for all ur advice.. u dont know how happy i am,really cus i was scared. thanx u so much.