miscarriage problems
Hi i had a dating scan 4wks and 2 days ago, i was 14 weeks the scan showed that there was no heart beat detected. I had an earlier scan at 6 wks due to spotting and everything was fine and one pregnancy was found. I had a dc the following day where i bled very heavily just before,during and after the operation. the consultant came to see me after to explain how the op went and he said it was most unusual but he came across a second pregnancy during the procedure, which was very hard for me to absorb, because both scans showed only one. I had to stay in for two nights due to this and low blood pressure.
  Anyway a month on i have been bleeding intermittently but the end of last week i was having lots of what seemed like severs period pains then began to bleed very heavily for a bout 5 days during this time i passed several, what i can only describe as fleshy , rubbery  parts (not clots). I went to the doctor and he has sent some off to tested and has booked me in for an urgent scan, which is on Mon. This is my second miscarriage also at 14wks, 8 years ago and i dont remember any of these problems. I do have a 21month old daughter.
  I would appreciate anyone to let me know if they have experienced anything similar. and i suppose my biggest question is if only one baby was found on the scan that no heartbeat was detected who is to say that the other baby  that they couldn't see was alive??
who knows !