Maternal & Child Community
missed AF, spotting, and neg HPT

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

missed AF, spotting, and neg HPT

I am at day 31, 4 days late. I had spotting at the same time as ovulation. I missed my period on the 05/08, but i have had cramping like mensutral pains with no blood only a tiny bit of pink spotting when i wipe. Spotting lasted for the days that i should have had my period then stopped. Now today i feel more like i could be pg, but again spotting when i wiped once. I had what looked almost like a mucus plug on the 10th (sorry TMI). I took a test on the day i was supposed to get my period and it was negative. I am moody, my stomach feels different, i have headaches, gasy, and my food preference has changed. Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

You may have tested too early, but you are still in the uncertain realm of a chemical pregnancy.  I would give it a week then test again.  If you don't get a definite line or your period, (I got a faint one for a week after my period was due with a chemical pregnancy)I would call the doctor and have them do a quantitative HCG test.  That will tell you definitely whether this is a viable pregnancy or not.  Good luck!!!  Hope for the best!!!  I still believe miracles can happen!!!
thanks for your advice.  i seen my dr 2 days ago and he thinks that i could be pg and i just tested to soon as well, he suggested waiting a week and trying to test again.  it is just driving me crazy having to wait.
It is so great to have people to talk too. I usually get my AF between the 17 and 23 of each month or on the 17. The last time I saw AF was the 23rd of March. I am so confused and devasted. I had several test between the 18 and 23rd of March and they were all negative, a blood test on the 20th, negative. On the 25th I went to an OB, he said that It was positive urine. But I felt funny about it because my urine was still in the bathroom. He did a 5 second ultrasound(from outside) and said here very early pregnancy. Monday I told him I was still getting negative results, I came in he took another urine test, it was negative, he insisted that it was a chemical pregnancy, and did not want to do any kind of exams and check ups, not even an ultrasound because he says there will be nothing there, I finally took a bloodtest that I paid for, The HCG level was 1, I don't know If I was ever pregnant, but I had unprotected sex up until Sunday Thinking i was pregnant.  Could I still be preg, and be testing neg even on blood. Still no AF. On the 19th and 20th of march There was very very light pinkish discharge I would not have noticed If I was not looking for AF. Sorry ffor being so long.
The thing throwing me off about your post is that you were spotting at O time... I've never heard of that?  Has anyone else?
My AF is 5 days late and I tested neg the day of my missed period.  Probably just tested too early good luck to you all!!!
i hadn't heard of bleeding at ovulation either.  my dr said that it is normal for some women.
Wait until your next period, you probably got pregnant right before your period, I say this because 4 to 5 days before my period I was fertile, according to the ovulation test. Also take ovulex, it is a safe drug to help you get pregnant, you will be pregnant within a month, about $47.00 a bottle, 3 friends who used that after ttc for many years and got pregnant within one month.  www.ovulex.com. Also use preseed(www.preseed.com). This are completely safe with no prescription. But take a hpt at your next period timeframe.
Hey i need some help, me and my husband have been trying to concieve (conceive) for 18 months and this month i was sure that i had done it. almost right after i was supposed to ovulate i started feeling sick (horrible boobpain, nausea acompanied by continuos burping, dizziness, and light headedness, motionsick while sitting still.) my doctr even thought so but she told me to wait until my period missed, i did and it was a day late (im like clock work every 25 days)then i got it kinda light for me for 2 days and now its gone again. but i still feel the same. except for a pressure in my pelvis. negative test the day my AF started. but i still feel just as i did, and just feel pregnant . any suggestions???
Interesting.  Learn something new every day :) Good luck to you!
I'd change doctors...that one sounds either very lackadasical or just uncaring. It actually doesn't sound like you were ever pregnant, a blood test of 1 so soon after the timing you described doesn't sound like there was HCG at pregnancy levels there recently.  Good luck, it sounds like you know what you are doing!
ACtual now, that I think about it don't even think that I was Pregnant, thank you, I will get another doctor ASAP. Also now that I think about it my last period was supposed to come around April 23, today is May 14, still testing negative, but been having unprotected sex and still no period, could I be pregnant?
Any time you ovulate and have unprotected sex, it is possible that you could get pregnant.  You weren't pregnant in April, by the tests.  There is nothing to stop you from getting pregnant in May if you are having unprotected sex.  But that wouldn't have made any difference to an April period.  People miss their periods for other reasons, too, such as stress, ovarian cysts, or just because.  If you don't want to be pregs, start protecting yourself again.  If you do want to, then go for it.  Good luck in either case!
The only way to tell is to test.  If you ovulated late, it's possible to get pregnant, spot when your period would have been, and then still be pregnant.  It's not common, but it has been known to happen.  So get a blood test from your doctor, or use a good quality home test.  Good luck.
hey ok me again here ti is all that stuff happened and now 2 days after my period staopped i spotted for a day. now i am really concerned and i spoke to a different doctor and she said taht it could be taht i had a small period , but could still be preg. what do you think
Hi everyone, I've been taking Ovulex for about 3 weeks now and I was very disappointed when I started my period yesterday but I know Ovulex takes 2 weeks to become fully effective so hopefully next month I will have good news It seems like everyone that I know is getting pregnant and I know this probaly will sound horrible but I don't even want to be around them cause it just makes me feel depressed I cry about it all the time me and my husband have been to the doctor and everything is fine it's just one of those unexplained things
so I'm praying that next month I will be having some good news.
So wish me luck everybody.