missed period, still breastfeeding
I nurse my 17 month old baby.  She does eat solids and nurses about 4 times during the day and when she is going to sleep.  I also have a 3 year old that will nurse to fall asleep and he wakes up for certain at least once during the night and nurses.  I hadn't had a period at all until Oct. 31 then I had another on Nov. 29.  I have not had anything at all this month.  I have taken 2 HPT and they are both negative.  I have never experienced anything like this and I have NEVER had a false negative test.  Pregnancy for me in the past has always been detected as soon as 3 days before my missed period.   I did feel a little cramping and an aching back as if I were going to start along with a lot of bloating and constipation.  I'm freaking out!!  Does anyone have some advice or has anyone experience this?
If you are pregnant, an HPT will show up positive shortly.  

If you've only had a couple of periods after breastfeeding, and you are still nursing, you may not ovulate regularly until you stop.  So its likely that you simply still irregular.  

Test again in a week, or if you are really worried, see your doctor.  What are you doing for birth control?  
Thanks for commenting.  As for bc, we were just using ridiculous high school condoms....I should know better.  I haven't tested again, but will soon.  I'll let you know.  Thanks, again.
Hey by any chance do you have 6 kids? Just wondering by your screen name!:) I have seven, so I like to find people who also have a large family. I am a major breastfeeder too---let the child wean themselves I say. My mom breastfed my last sister til she was four.
Anyway, on the period subject---I remember with my periods--when they came back, it wasn't strange at all to skip a month here and there in the beginning.Then they would become regular. That's probably all that's going on if youve tested and its negative.
Best of luck to you!! :)