Maternal & Child Community
missed period with IUD
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

missed period with IUD

I have had my IUD for over three years and have always been regular. I missed my period in July and took a couple pregnancy test one the week I missed it and one the following week. Both tests said negative. Is this normal or is it to soon to tell? when I was reading somethings on the internet I saw that most women who have the IUD didnt know they were pregnant until the sixth week. If that is true then I would probably only be like three weeks if that. I now that I can concieve (conceive) during my period due to the fact that I have a three year old that was concieved during it. If anyone could help that would be great.
Related Discussions
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
i would call your dr. i had a friend of mine get pg on the iud. her daughter came out holding it....LOL. they can do blood work to find out for 100%.

good luck....kimmie
Blank
With an IUD or not, if you are only about 3 weeks pregnant, then it's doubtful that it would show up on a pg test yet.  

But let me ask you something...3 weeks - do you mean 3 weeks pregnant (i.e. 1 week past conception) or do you mean 3 weeks past conception?
Blank
It is not uncommon to miss a period every now and then.  The good news that it normally works itself out by the next month.  To be safe, you can always test again in a week or so.
Blank
Check out the manufacturers website. A similar quesiton has been posted in the last few days and I refered her to the website. I have had my IUD in since 8 week after delivery. My son is now 14 months old and I still haven't gotten a period since delivery.

Most information says it is typical for them to stop as time goes by, or at the very least lighten. If the HPT says negative and AF still doesn't show up, maybe put a call into your doctor and see what they think.

Andrea
Blank
514428_tn?1287602056
I've missed mine for 20 days now!!  I've got all the preggo symptoms and took a test last week, but it might be too early, who knows.  I'm thinking about going out and getting another because I'm not feeling any better
Blank
i havent had a period since feb 27 no syptoms (symptoms) of prego just cramping  like im getting  my period spotting that all took serveal preg test what can i do
Blank
Did any of you ever find out what the problem was??
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...